Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Burnley - Match Thread (20/09/2020)

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

What are people expecting us to do from corners against a team who's only criteria for a player is that they're over 6 foot 2?

Really good half for me, it'll come if we keep that control up. 

Something a bit smarter.

What I don’t get is that about once a season we go mad for a single game with loads of creative set pieces and they cause loads of problems. Then we never seem to bother again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Satisfied enough with that, tough to create chances against Burnley and it looks like we're capable. Not fully convinced we'll shut the door when theu come forward though. 

Praet makes runs that Maddison doesn't and I think it creates a bit more space for us. Tielemans great for the most part, Barnes looking dangerous and Castagne knows how to pick a pass. Maddison for Perez early in the second half. 

I rather Perez at the moment as he knows how to create space for Castagne to come forward and move around for others. Maddison would be too keen to get and keep the ball and affect our directness. If we make a change, I would prefer Gray or Nachos to come in for Perez.

3 minutes ago, shen said:

He got bullied (literally) by a man mountain. That means he's soft and not cut for the PL. I wonder how Chilwell would have stood up against Wood in an aerial duel...

It wasn't being bulliedt that was the main issue for me. He stands between Wood and ball and he can't take it down on his chest. It was very naive.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

I think Keown is playing a game with himself to see how much shit he can get away with chatting. He’s completely ignored everything good we’ve done and made it sound like we can’t get out of our own half. 

And then they both wax lyrical about them pressing high up the pitch like they are watching 70’s brazil

• Like 1

Not a bad half. We all know how Burnley play. We can’t then be surprised when they make it tough. We’re doing ‘okay’. Just need to move the ball forward quicker. When we have and have got Barnes past the initial press, we’ve looked threatening. 

• Like 1

If we're still level at 60 mins I'd like to see Fuchs or Morgan replace Mendy and push Wilf back into his normal position. Not that Papy has done badly but he's on a yellow and he's flitted in and out imho.

Also think that will make us less susceptible to Burnley's relentless aerial assault.

Edited by Paddy.