Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Burnley - Match Thread (20/09/2020)

The state of football at times. How do Chris Wood get away with that goal? Hope we are not getting shithoused by a Pope blinder and a stupid bounce in the 2nd half. We look a bit frail defensively, but our forward play is great at times. Think we are doing well. Let's do this!

After a couple of heavy touches Barnes showed class... not only the goals but his running ability... I loved the run at back post when Praet drilled that low cross but the Burnley guy cleared it... the run he made shows he’s learning... keep going lad

• Like 3

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Aside from being shoved over by Wood (which some may argue is a foul...), Justin had a great half IMO not far off Castagne who was excellent on the other side. 

People are so blinded by that one situation, a situation which could easily have ended without a goal for Burnley. Thought JJ was good that half.

• Like 1

Guest Ali Seyyah

Last year the team was far much better. seems they could not get a good form  Castagne very good.. he will deliver big jobs this year .. we have problem in the midfiled. they should do quicker passes to make tired burnley player. they should run at the back of the ball and lose control of the game..

10 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

We are miles better than these. I think if we had Evans in the team and Wilf in midfield we'd be winning this one.

Possibly a bit harsh on Mendy who has been excellent, i think....

Not saying he’s as good as n’didi of course...

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

People are so blinded by that one situation, a situation which could easily have ended without a goal for Burnley. Thought JJ was good that half.

Needless to say, JJ should not have been left to handle Wood, it’s a clear mismatch. 

• Like 3

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

Castagne has a far better footballing brain than the departing Chilwell.  Definite upgrade and an end product which is dangerous.  Unlike Chilwell.

We’ve gone and done it again! Replaced a decent defender with a better one and made many pound notes!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

The state of football at times. How do Chris Wood get away with that goal? Hope we are not getting shithoused by a Pope blinder and a stupid bounce in the 2nd half. We look a bit frail defensively, but our forward play is great at times. Think we are doing well. Let's do this!

Justin was outmuscled, simple. People moan that football is soft now but also want that as a foul.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Something a bit smarter.

What I don’t get is that about once a season we go mad for a single game with loads of creative set pieces and they cause loads of problems. Then we never seem to bother again. 

I noticed Liverpool were trying quite a few different routines at corners vs Chelsea earlier today.

Rather than just hitting the first defender surely it shouldn't be too difficult for us to work on some different plays on the training ground?

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1