Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Post Match Thread - Man City (A)

If Leeds or Wolves had this result the media would be talking about how brilliant they are and how far can they go. 

When we do it, it’s all about it being an off day for Man City.... but you know what I kind of like being little old Leicester. 

Keep underestimating us year on year chumps 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

To top off the weekend, how our supposed top 6 rivals got on: 

- Man City lost

- Tottenham drew

- Chelsea drew 

- Wolves lost 

- One of Liverpool/ Arsenal will drop points 

I know it’s only early days but they all count. And now we know we might need a pretty substantial lead to secure European football. :ph34r:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shailen said:

Am I the only one that thinks man City weren't actually that bad today for the first half at least. 

They came out and had a good spell at the start of the game and could have scored 2 or 3. The game changed on that Mendy turn imo. Sent Fernandinho to the bench and they really imploded after that. Actually reminds me of the Bournemouth game last season where we imploded on the Kasper mistake and today they imploded on that Mendy turn. 

Really good tactics from BR today. I'm so pleased regardless of how today would have gone that he sat back and made Man City bring the game to us. They couldn't handle us on the break and the further behind they were the more they pressed and the easier it became to counter on them. 

They were very dangerous in the first half. And it felt like we'd been very lucky to go in level. The first half an hour left me frustrated and deflated.

But looking back now, wow, what a tactical performance from the lads. The two defensive banks were at times reminiscent of the Claudio era - compact, solid, moving as one. Patient and deadly on the counter. I didn't properly even notice it till the second half. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

To top off the weekend, how our supposed top 6 rivals got on: 

- Man City lost

- Tottenham drew

- Chelsea drew 

- Wolves lost 

- One of Liverpool/ Arsenal will drop points 

I know it’s only early days but they all count. And now we know we might need a pretty substantial lead to secure European football. :ph34r:

Not to mention both Forest and Derby losing 3 in a row! :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They were very dangerous in the first half. And it felt like we'd been very lucky to go in level. The first half an hour left me frustrated and deflated.

But looking back now, wow, what a tactical performance from the lads. The two defensive banks were at times reminiscent of the Claudio era - compact, solid, moving as one. Patient and deadly on the counter. I didn't properly even notice it till the second half. 

Exactly this. A performance that felt like a throwback to the Ranieri days. Well drilled, compact, organised and lethal on the break. 

Not as one sided as the scoreline suggests but you're never gonna go to the Ethiad and dominate from start to finish. 

• Like 2

I didn’t realise how many manic depressives we had on FT until the first half of today’s game. Either they are all new or have forgotten how we played in the 15/16 season. Low possession but winning games on the break. In honesty I thought our best result would be a 1-1 or if lucky a 1-2 win. We totally exceeded my expectation, it was a reverse of our game against Bournemouth, long May it continue.

• Like 1

Just now, PrecociousFox93 said:

It’s only just hit me that we beat Man City 5-2 at the Etihad without Pereira, Ndidi or Maddison starting.

Mind blowing.

The real winner today was Rodgers. It was a complete tactical masterclass. 
The real losers today were the plonkers who slagged everything off for the first 20 mins in the match thread.

It made for embarrassing reading.

• Like 4

Guest bennytwohats
29 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If Leeds or Wolves had this result the media would be talking about how brilliant they are and how far can they go. 

When we do it, it’s all about it being an off day for Man City.... but you know what I kind of like being little old Leicester. 

Sorry mate but this is bollocks.

Guardiola’s spend on Goalkeepers/Defenders during his 4-years at Man City (ordered by date signed):

• Zinchenko: £1.80m
  • Rulli: £4.23m
  • Stones: £50.04m
  • Bravo: £16.20m
  • Ederson: £36.00m
  • Walker: £47.43m
  • Danilo: £27.00m
  • Mendy: £51.75m
  • Laporte: £58.50m
  • Sandler: £2.25m
  • Angelino: £10.80m
  • Steffen: £6.14m
  • Cancelo: £58.50m
  • Porro: £10.80m
  • Couto: £5.40m
  • Ake: £41.00m
  • Dias: £50.00m

Total: £477.8m

Final score: 2-5

• Like 4

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Disagree with you on this one Col. After same many games of watching us roll over for the big boys it's understandable for people to vent their frustrations when the game was taking a familiar path. Hindsight is a wonderful thing 

It happens nearly every game we are losing early doors buddy

Today was no different. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Surprised nobody in the media bubble has dared to mention this is 'Everton's year' yet. We were forced to swallow that drivel about Tottenham right up until that sweet strike left Hazard's laces. :whistle:

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Disagree with you on this one Col. After so many games of watching us roll over for the big boys it's understandable for people to vent their frustrations when the game was taking a familiar path. Hindsight is a wonderful thing 

Wonderful result - lets enjoy it. However, did anybody think this was a probable outcome based on Rodgers tactics in the first 20 min. Not sure what happened today, just delighted it did.

22 minutes ago, Ron Combo said:

Lawrenson bang on the money. Always a pleasure to see.

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 22.45.14.png

Yeah what a dreadful pundit, don't know why they don't pick from the plethora of ex-players who saw this Leicester win by three goals coming.

• Haha 4