Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

9 hours ago, deep blue said:

Thinking about Rodgers and Spurs ... they may have a superb ground but I would hope that a manager like Rodgers, who sets his stall by his ability to coach and improve his players, might find the quality of the training facilities more important than the stadium.  We win hands down there.

Their training ground is hardly a hut.

I think people overplay the appeal of  a top training ground. Nobody would turn down an extra, say, million pound a year plus the prestige of managing a world famous team just because their new team would have a slightly less attractive training ground.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think this is a good point, but it's clear that until yesterday our players had an inferiority complex against Liverpool, which needed to be managed. Last season when they battered us at home, our season fell apart thereafter and we only won 3 games in the league after that match. So I don't think he could afford to attack them from the start given that Liverpool in recent matches struggled against low blocks in games against Burnley, West Brom and Brighton.

The next game against Liverpool will be really interesting, because the confidence boost the players have will be insane. Harvey Barnes didn't really have many good games against Liverpool in the past, but in the last 10 minutes yesterday he hung Trent Alexander-Arnold out to dry. Now that he's just destroyed the supposed "best RB in the league" mentally he is going to be buzzing and he won't fear that duel any more. Now many of our players won't be scared because they know we can hurt Liverpool.

I think the tactics Rodgers used were the right ones because Vardy should have scored at least one goal before Liverpool did, which would have changed the game. But as per the title of the thread, Rodgers is due respect in the way he switched the team around and told the team they might need to chase it before the game.

Look how many points we have against the other teams in the top 5 this season, it's very impressive and Rodgers is the mastermind behind that.

I agree, do we want to talk about the points lost to.lower League clubs.  Puel was the master against the bigger clubs, BR has started to master that, let's hope BR can do the whole trick.

It seems BR has the formula against teams that attack us, but the opposite isn't always great and we can improve.

33 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I agree, do we want to talk about the points lost to.lower League clubs.  Puel was the master against the bigger clubs, BR has started to master that, let's hope BR can do the whole trick.

It seems BR has the formula against teams that attack us, but the opposite isn't always great and we can improve.

For me the points lost to lower placed teams is a result of a lack of experience among the younger players in the team, something I would expect to happen. Some of our most important players are Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Soyuncu and this season James Justin, and none of these players are 25 yet! All of them have improved significantly this season and gotten more consistent, but each has a few steps to go yet. That should happen naturally again in the next few seasons just through the experience of playing games.

Our current squad reminds me a lot of Pochetino's Spurs who we beat to the title. They built a great squad up over several years without having the fiances to compete with the Man City's, Man United and Chelsea's of this world, and we are performing a similar trick. Now those guys famously won nothing, which might be a fate that we share given just how tough the league is. If you look at the size of clubs in the division and money spent, it is an incredible achievement to be above Chelsea and Liverpool as of the time of writing.

If we keep this team and coach together for another 2 seasons we have a real possibility to challenge for major honors. A lot will depend on how strong the other teams are at the time, as teams have cycles, e.g. right now Chelsea are still rebuilding but could be a major force in 2 years time given their squad. Liverpool by contrast look on the decline. So it would concern me more if we still lose sloppy points like that in a few years more than today. This season we have not been out of the top 5 all season, qualified for the next round of European competition, are in the last 8 of the FA Cup and did this all despite there being a global pandemic, having a massive injury list and losing our first choice left back to a rival. That is nothing short of phenomenal!

Just sit back and enjoy it - these are very trying times to live through for all of us, but being able to see our team do so well is at least one thing to smile about!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me the points lost to lower placed teams is a result of a lack of experience among the younger players in the team, something I would expect to happen. Some of our most important players are Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Soyuncu and this season James Justin, and none of these players are 25 yet! All of them have improved significantly this season and gotten more consistent, but each has a few steps to go yet. That should happen naturally again in the next few seasons just through the experience of playing games.

Our current squad reminds me a lot of Pochetino's Spurs who we beat to the title. They built a great squad up over several years without having the fiances to compete with the Man City's, Man United and Chelsea's of this world, and we are performing a similar trick. Now those guys famously won nothing, which might be a fate that we share given just how tough the league is. If you look at the size of clubs in the division and money spent, it is an incredible achievement to be above Chelsea and Liverpool as of the time of writing.

If we keep this team and coach together for another 2 seasons we have a real possibility to challenge for major honors. A lot will depend on how strong the other teams are at the time, as teams have cycles, e.g. right now Chelsea are still rebuilding but could be a major force in 2 years time given their squad. Liverpool by contrast look on the decline. So it would concern me more if we still lose sloppy points like that in a few years more than today. This season we have not been out of the top 5 all season, qualified for the next round of European competition, are in the last 8 of the FA Cup and did this all despite there being a global pandemic, having a massive injury list and losing our first choice left back to a rival. That is nothing short of phenomenal!

Just sit back and enjoy it - these are very trying times to live through for all of us, but being able to see our team do so well is at least one thing to smile about!

This is the type of mentally we need foooki g get rid of, were not here to enjoy no rides, were here to exceed, do what needs to.  This pussy attitude should be thrown Inthe bin, we are foxes, lets go and be the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Puel was the master against the bigger clubs

Was Puel really the master against the bigger clubs or is that oft-repeated BS which then becomes quoted as fact?

Puel had 17 league matches against "The Big Six"

Won 4, Drew 3, Lost 10 = 15 pts

Puel also had games against Man C (twice) and Chelsea in the cups. Didn't progress in any of them.

By way of comparison, Rodgers first 17 league matches against "The Big Six"

Won 5, Drew 4, Lost 8 = 19 pts.

Rodgers overall league record vs The BIg Six now is: Won 8, Drawn 5, Lost 9

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Was Puel really the master against the bigger clubs or is that oft-repeated BS which then becomes quoted as fact?

Puel had 17 league matches against "The Big Six"

Won 4, Drew 3, Lost 10 = 15 pts

Puel also had games against Man C (twice) and Chelsea in the cups. Didn't progress in any of them.

By way of comparison, Rodgers first 17 league matches against "The Big Six"

Won 5, Drew 4, Lost 8 = 19 pts.

Rodgers overall league record vs The BIg Six now is: Won 8, Drawn 5, Lost 9

Great stuff dude

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

And I’d prefer it if we got rid of complete wet wipes who sit behind their PC’s acting like gangsters but are incapable of using a keyboard or the English language correctly. 

The world would be a better place. 

Hold on dude, when in this thread have I acted in any way disrespectful or said anything insulting, or act like a keyboard warrior.  Mate, I have met alot of the foxestalk, I have never once or ever not met the guys on here, or had any grief.

If I'm a keyboard warrior, like a Sikh, I challenge anyone, face to face otherwise.

Btw dude, rather then slander me can you respond to the post.

Foook me, kids don't know how to behave.

Rodgers gets credit rightfully in the Athletic for the tactical change from 4-2-3-1 to a diamond. 

We all saw how we were being dominated in the middle of the park, and the change made such a big impact. It's why I thought Choudhury should come on.

Liverpool tired and simply couldn't cope with our pace. 

Barnes and Vardy upfront together is the stuff of defenders' nightmares. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

No let’s not have it out, because I’d like to think that neither of us are children and the site doesn’t need any more Internet drama. 

This thread is about Rodgers being due respect, so let’s get it back on track. He’s doing a brilliant job and it’s great to have him in charge. 

Sorry, who started the drama, you laid the personal insults and got called out.  Maybe you would like some of my wet wipes to wipe away the drama you've caused.

Anyhow, the keyboard is clean, wet wipes are plenty and the children may not have to hear me rant.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Sorry, who started the drama, you laid the personal insults and got called out.  Maybe you would like some of my wet wipes to wipe away the drama you've caused.

Anyhow, the keyboard is clean, wet wipes are plenty and the children may not have to hear me rant.

Please pipe down now

• Like 4

I love him, its weird because when he was manager of Liverpool i always said that id love him if he managed LCFC one day and i said the same thing with Jonny Evans when he was at West Brom, so weird that my wishes have come true haha. So.. who should i wish for next!?!? ;)

15 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think people overplay the appeal of  a top training ground. Nobody would turn down an extra, say, million pound a year plus the prestige of managing a world famous team just because their new team would have a slightly less attractive training ground.

Yep. Also worth remembering that the sort of teams who will want him will have incredible facilities, whether they are brand new or not they'll still have everything ours do... just might be packaged differently. 

I'd be absolutely amazed if he wasn't already learning Spanish or German too. I've no doubt his confidence see's him as a future Bayern/Dortmund/Barca manager. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I love him, its weird because when he was manager of Liverpool i always said that id love him if he managed LCFC one day and i said the same thing with Jonny Evans when he was at West Brom, so weird that my wishes have come true haha. So.. who should i wish for next!?!? ;)

You'd love it if Vardy had a weird condition that he didn't age beyond 34 and could continue to play for us indefinitely right? 

• Haha 1