Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why on earth would he vaguely consider going there? We've far more potential with better owners. He knows which side his breads buttered. He'll only ever leave for a BIG club. 

I mean in the eyes of many Spurs are a big club. As Brendan has always alluded to and made very clear, we cannot compete with “the Big 6” financially. They have a billion pound stadium. Sure they’re struggling at the minute, but if Levy says that he’ll back Brendan on a 5 year deal, do you not think he will consider this? Coming from Mourinho, he’s only going to be an improvement. Especially if he can get a tune out of Kane and Son.

I’m not saying this because I want to, my friend posed it to me as Mourinho seems on the ropes at Tottenham and, at the minute, there aren’t many better in form managers than BR.

51 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Appreciate all the nice thing said about me in the thread!

I just post my opinion, which is just that - an opinion. Anyone is free to agree or disagree as they see fit. But I'd like to say I am a Leicester City fan and get behind the team, manager and players!

My point today was that despite the win, I think the manager will spend a long time with the team on Monday to analyse the game and point out areas of improvement. I think his tactical approach to the game was very solid, but that the win overall was a lucky one rather than deserved. And that's totally fine! Sometimes there will be games where you deserve to win and get nothing, and vice versa. It's why the champions are determined after 38 games instead of just one, so the most consistent team wins the title.

Today's game reminded me of our capitulation away to Bournemouth last season, except this time round the team that capitulated was Liverpool, and we benefited from it.

Bit of a diatribe mate. Wind your neck in... :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

No 

The point remains - Strider posts the best tactical analysis on the forum. If a poster doesnt want to read it then don’t but why have a dig at him ? 

I was just laughing at the tone of the argument. I didn't see what it was about. I totally agree with you about this. He is great. 

41 minutes ago, FoxTrott said:

I mean in the eyes of many Spurs are a big club. As Brendan has always alluded to and made very clear, we cannot compete with “the Big 6” financially. They have a billion pound stadium. Sure they’re struggling at the minute, but if Levy says that he’ll back Brendan on a 5 year deal, do you not think he will consider this? Coming from Mourinho, he’s only going to be an improvement. Especially if he can get a tune out of Kane and Son.

I’m not saying this because I want to, my friend posed it to me as Mourinho seems on the ropes at Tottenham and, at the minute, there aren’t many better in form managers than BR.

But could Brendan trust Levi to back him as you suggest? Has he done so in the past with others sufficiently? Bearing in mind the huge amounts of money they made in the past through the sale of certain players, did they reinvest it in improving the squad as our owners have? They've got a brilliant ground but what have they currently got to put in it, it's a  mere shell without a competitive team playing in it. It's not all to do with Mourhino but there's definitely some rot set into that club. I can't see Kane wanting to stick it out too much longer and Levi is just the sort of owner to be secretly rubbing his hands with glee and I'd doubt very much that the majority of money would be reinvested in the playing squad. They are perennial failures for a reason. 

I too have a Spurs supporting friend and he sees them as in a mess and disarray, who knows. Brendan is quite astute and we were a great move for him in so many ways. I can thoroughly understand him having ambitions and why shouldn't he but Spurs even if considered big by some, are not big enough for his ambitions I wouldn't think. I'm not saying he'd get a job there but, I don't see any club other than Manchester City, United or Liverpool in this country being big enough for his ambitions. If Rodgers can get little old Leicester into the Champions League and top four in the next couple of years, I believe that will be seen as quite an achievement by big clubs. I think he'd actually have to win something at Spurs in the same time period for the same recognition and I don't see them winning anything soon.

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But could Brendan trust Levi to back him as you suggest? Has he done so in the past with others sufficiently? Bearing in mind the huge amounts of money they made in the past through the sale of certain players, did they reinvest it in improving the squad as our owners have? They've got a brilliant ground but what have they currently got to put in it, it's a  mere shell without a competitive team playing in it. It's not all to do with Mourhino but there's definitely some rot set into that club. I can't see Kane wanting to stick it out too much longer and Levi is just the sort of owner to be secretly rubbing his hands with glee and I'd doubt very much that the majority of money would be reinvested in the playing squad. They are perennial failures for a reason. 

I too have a Spurs supporting friend and he sees them as in a mess and disarray, who knows. Brendan is quite astute and we were a great move for him in so many ways. I can thoroughly understand him having ambitions and why shouldn't he but Spurs even if considered big by some, are not big enough for his ambitions I wouldn't think. I'm not saying he'd get a job there but, I don't see any club other than Manchester City, United or Liverpool in this country being big enough for his ambitions. If Rodgers can get little old Leicester into the Champions League and top four in the next couple of years, I believe that will be seen as quite an achievement by big clubs. I think he'd actually have to win something at Spurs in the same time period for the same recognition and I don't see them winning anything soon.

Very fair points. 

I think you’re right, this Spurs side is much a walking corpse at the moment. They have massively underachieved and I’m sure given a club with their fan base and stature, they’d expect more. Moreover they’re painfully boring to watch and rely on sparks of magic from their two world class players, and if they don’t produce, Spurs don’t turn up. 

I would hope his ambitions would lie above Spurs, but if he felt his stock was as high as it was going to be, he might fancy cashing in and taking a project where make Spurs worse would be very, very difficult. And I’m sure if he were to leave to Spurs in particular, he would want to be guaranteed funds and probably would try and nick a couple of our boys (faaaark off). 

I would be very disappointed to see BR leave us for Spurs, as I think there are many positives for him staying here - the players are clearly benefitting, and he is doing great too. I just hope he sees the benefit of flying under the radar for the... indefinite... future. But certainly if we get top 4, his name will be touted about for “bigger” clubs next season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

What Brendan does need to do is read the experts in the match threads just after the team is announced so he can realise where he's getting things so badly wrong.............

Careful, you'll be accused of being sanctimonious for saying this sort of thing...

:ph34r:

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Haha 2

Spurs?  Brendan ain’t no fool, fools. He can spot a poisoned chalice a mile away. Spuds are no bigger than us and interns of recent success, we’re bigger than they are. Our team is significantly better as it stands. 

Levy would back him with nothing but hollow promises. Nice stadium though. 

No I think Brendan will stick around unless something huge pops up. Doubt he’d go back to Liverpool. Man Utd or Man City is where I see him. Don’t think he’d get a call from PSG, Real or Barca. Not many better places for him too go in reality. 

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

What Brendan does need to do is read the experts in the match threads just after the team is announced so he can realise where he's getting things so badly wrong.............

If a manager was swayed by opinions in the match threads at such a point, the team would be on its way to the National League. Most managers in the league are proven (not Arteta!), but relatively several are failing at a y one time.  Generally, Rodgers is succeeding.  He is one he'll of a manager.

Thinking about Rodgers and Spurs ... they may have a superb ground but I would hope that a manager like Rodgers, who sets his stall by his ability to coach and improve his players, might find the quality of the training facilities more important than the stadium.  We win hands down there.

I think that Tuchel only signed an 18 month contract at the Bridge (I believe) stinks of Brendan going there if

Tuchel doesn't really do it there 

Leicester achieve things during that period. 

I don't think he'd leave us just yet as things are going really well for him and it would be a bit soon after his departure from celtic 

18 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Whilst he does make some bad decisions (like all managers) he’s still an elite manager and we are lucky to have him let’s be honest 

I think this club is a right fit for him. Good players, big-ish fanbase, money to spend, not crazy unrealistic expectations. At a bigger club than ours (Man Utd/Arsenal) they would slander him and want him out if he threw away the points he did last season. On top of silly home losses to the likes of Fulham, Everton and West Ham. Plus, the lack of huge media scrutiny to LCFC helps. Look at what Ole has endured the last 2 years. 

Brendan Rodgere and Leicester City are a,great fit.

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Strange how people see things differently.

I saw a manager (one who is often accused of not having a Plan B) switching the formation mid game and coming out on top.

If we'd started with a diamond and been 3 down, the "he's tactically clueless against Liverpool" mob would be out in force.

Not every game goes according to plan all the time.

Yep, who knows, but what we do know is when he did change it, we totally killed a fragile Liverpool.