Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

Never once did I ever hear Rodgers criticize Celtic for lack of ambition. Ever. Find me a quote.

Correct never happened, he is a life long supporter and if he stayed they would have won 10 in a row, him leaving has left a scar with Celtic fans that will never heal and he will never be welcome back, it’s just football and passion,  but despite that Brendan will never slag that club or their fans off in any way 

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Updated stats for Rodgers in the Premier League:

P 70, Pts 121

W 36

D13

L 21

F 123, A 75, GD +48

He's six games shy of the equivalent of two full PL seasons.

Yeah but if we didn't ever lose a game we'd be top Geoff.

(Yes I know nobody says THAT, but the Yeah But crowd get ever so tedious...)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

P 70, Pts 121

W 36

D13

L 21

F 123, A 75, GD +48

Didn’t realise he’s coming up to 2 years in charge. Took over end of Feb 2019. Longest serving Leicester manager since we returned to the PL. Clearly doing extremely well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

P 70, Pts 121

W 36

D13

L 21

F 123, A 75, GD +48

I wonder how that compares to other teams during the same period? We must have been consistently a top 6 side on form for that entire period? Man U, Liverpool and Man City above us? Maybe Chelsea - not sure? 

Either way an incredible feat and relative consistency at the sharp end of the table.

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

I wonder how that compares to other teams during the same period? We must have been consistently a top 6 side on form for that entire period? Man U, Liverpool and Man City above us? Maybe Chelsea - not sure? 

Either way an incredible feat and relative consistency at the sharp end of the table.

I'm guessing we'd be top 3 or 4 over that period, behind Man City and Liverpool for sure.

It really is a quite remarkable period for us the more you think about it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm guessing we'd be top 3 or 4 over that period, behind Man City and Liverpool for sure.

It really is a quite remarkable period for us the more you think about it.

Do people think about it?  Not many apparently. 

I have criticised Brendan’s approach in some games, but I’m delighted to say he seems to be losing some aspects of the fear that holds him back, or has.

I just do not see a better manager out there for us at present and I hope Brendan is in charge when we win our next title.   

We're two points behind our total at this stage last season yet I think we're in better shape. We got to that points tally primarily through continuity, selecting roughly the same team each week and having a week between games. This time we've had injuries, Europe and a tighter schedule to contend with.

Plus, we reached this stage (23 games) having lost four in six. Now it is one in ten.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Corky said:

We're two points behind our total at this stage last season yet I think we're in better shape. We got to that points tally primarily through continuity, selecting roughly the same team each week and having a week between games. This time we've had injuries, Europe and a tighter schedule to contend with.

Plus, we reached this stage (23 games) having lost four in six. Now it is one in ten.

I don't know - more games this year. Think we're about the same. We need a fully fit ndidi if we're gonna do anything this season.

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He won't go spurs. Levy would never give him the control he has here.

Doubt there would be much difference. Just that Levy seems a total a## hole. Nobody wants to work for one of those.

I really hope Brendan doesn't overthink things and outsmart himself, letting JJ's injury screw our season up. 

I've got a horrific vision of us bringing Fuchs back in and playing 5 at the back because he doesn't trust the replacements. Which then just neuters us an attacking threat. All that happens is we still look wide open but have absolutely no options going forwards. Our best hope then becomes that we either get a ridiculous amount of penalties or somehow score our 1 or 2 half chances we create.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I really hope Brendan doesn't overthink things and outsmart himself, letting JJ's injury screw our season up. 

I've got a horrific vision of us bringing Fuchs back in and playing 5 at the back because he doesn't trust the replacements. Which then just neuters us an attacking threat. All that happens is we still look wide open but have absolutely no options going forwards. Our best hope then becomes that we either get a ridiculous amount of penalties or somehow score our 1 or 2 half chances we create.

Castagne is back soon so I imagine he'll be straight in at left-back.

• Like 1

If we finish top 7 after all the injuries and games this year, he'll deserve more than due respect.

We're up against sides like villa and West ham who aren't in any other competition, and Everton who are only in the fa cup. Then the rest of the big 6 who all have massive squads. 

Finishing in the top 7 will be a major achievement from here on in. Rodgers will earn more than his money getting the squad to a top 7 finish even if we get knocked out the cups in the next round.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

On 04/02/2021 at 15:53, Foxes96 said:

1.73 points a game.  Equates to 65 points a season.  That's fourth to sixth isn't it?

C'mon guys we have to be more positive. Losing JJ now is awful and throws a huge spanner in the works but we will adapt we have to adapt.

This is why Rogers is being paid the bug bucks. He'll figure it out. Maybe a new star will be bored out of this all? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

C'mon guys we have to be more positive. Losing JJ now is awful and throws a huge spanner in the works but we will adapt we have to adapt.

This is why Rogers is being paid the bug bucks. He'll figure it out. Maybe a new star will be bored out of this all? 

I sincerely hope not.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If we finish top 7 after all the injuries and games this year, he'll deserve more than due respect.

We're up against sides like villa and West ham who aren't in any other competition, and Everton who are only in the fa cup. Then the rest of the big 6 who all have massive squads. 

Finishing in the top 7 will be a major achievement from here on in. Rodgers will earn more than his money getting the squad to a top 7 finish even if we get knocked out the cups in the next round.

Can't disagree with too much.

I'm not giving up on a Top 4 spot yet ... but if we do finish 4th, it would be an absolutely fantastic achievement.     And anything in the 5th-7th would be good.

I've watched the City for near on 50 years, and I can't remember an injury crisis anything like this.   Certainly not in the quality of the players we have lost.

(I vaguely remember a spell under Martin O'Neil's first season in the Premier League 1996-97, about this time of the year, when we had quite a few injuries.   I think we beat Derby 4-2 at home with a scratch side that day.   But nothing like this).

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Can't disagree with too much.

I'm not giving up on a Top 4 spot yet ... but if we do finish 4th, it would be an absolutely fantastic achievement.     And anything in the 5th-7th would be good.

I've watched the City for near on 50 years, and I can't remember an injury crisis anything like this.   Certainly not in the quality of the players we have lost.

(I vaguely remember a spell under Martin O'Neil's first season in the Premier League 1996-97, about this time of the year, when we had quite a few injuries.   I think we beat Derby 4-2 at home with a scratch side that day.   But nothing like this).

Don't know what you're on about. Team of Galacticos imho 

Kasey Keller

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Don't know what you're on about. Team of Galacticos imho 

Kasey Keller

I'll tell you something.

Every corner we have (or face), I wish we temporarily had the likes of Steve Walsh, Spencer Prior and Ian Marshall in our team.

I don't remember any of them ever being out-jumped at a set piece.

The only way I’ll be happy with 5th - 7th finish is if we win a trophy. FA cup or Europa. To of spent majority of this season and last in the top 4 and miss out twice would be disappointing. 
I realise the injuries are not helping us but I think we’ll struggle holding onto players if we don’t get top 4. 

3 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I'll tell you something.

Every corner we have (or face), I wish we temporarily had the likes of Steve Walsh, Spencer Prior and Ian Marshall in our team.

I don't remember any of them ever being out-jumped at a set piece.

Parker to take them as well!