Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

40 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Listen, I have a Whatsapp chat that was very lively on Saturday. Reasonable, well educated friends were basically writing confidently of Vardy's demise after the crime of hitting the bar rather than 3 inches lower. Apparently, he's lost a yard, hasn't been right for ages, and so on. Never mind that he's played on through injury and just come back...

Ha ha you can pick um peakey . Sending some positive energy straight through the cosmic universe too you . 😉😝😘

42 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Listen, I have a Whatsapp chat that was very lively on Saturday. Reasonable, well educated friends were basically writing confidently of Vardy's demise after the crime of hitting the bar rather than 3 inches lower. Apparently, he's lost a yard, hasn't been right for ages, and so on. Never mind that he's played on through injury and just come back...

Would honestly love too have seen vardys numbers with the supply Owen, shearer,Henry ,and many other great strikers had . And this great striker still doing it . But I’m very happy think he will still be here it two seasons scoring . His desire is insatiable. 😉😎🤞🤞

58 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I can forgive it more during the course of a match as emotion can get the better of us.

16 minutes ago, waylander said:

Ha ha you can pick um peakey . Sending some positive energy straight through the cosmic universe too you . 😉😝😘

I've known all of those people over 40 years... but at least one of them agreed with me. Just goes to show how reactionary we become, especially during adversity.

Spurs are in huge trouble. As someone pointed out elsewhere it'll cost them £30m to sack Jose and we won't let Rodgers leave for anything less than the same amount. They're also in the biggest debt of world football (£1bn+) which is why they're having to take out huge loans. But they're also capable of making financial **** ups like paying £300k a week to a player who's clearly lost interest in playing not to mention a hell of a lot of his quality. Obviously when things open back up they'll start to clear that debt and profit from the stadium and non-footballing events again, but that's still a while off.

But there's something that Puel said last year, about a conversation he had at Spurs in his last game there in January 2019:

“The Spurs sporting director said, ‘You have a fantastic team with young players. We tried to find young English players and develop them for the future, but now at Tottenham we have a team for now, but not for the future. You have a team for the future’.”

As far as I'm concerned that's still true. Their oldest XI this season had an average age of 28.7 (ours was 28.5, but had Kasper, Fuchs, Evans, Albrighton and Vardy in it pushing the number up). Their youngest XI was 26.5. Ours was 24.3 against AEK. We also have a number of players with high sale values and a very good history of replacing such players. The older the likes of Son and Kane get, their value drops as does interest from elsewhere. Selling one of those next summer would be a big deal for them IMO. But I can see Levy still refusing to sell. 

If they're not careful, they could fall into the trap that Leeds did after their Champions League season and end up going down. Not likely but I'd ****ing love it.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 3

There's conflicting opinions. I've read that Levy will go to get Rodgers at some point, others say Rodgers wouldn't want to work for him and elsewhere that Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl are the main contenders.

It's definitely not a given he'll go to Tottenham.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2021 at 01:10, StriderHiryu said:

And I’d prefer it if we got rid of complete wet wipes who sit behind their PC’s acting like gangsters but are incapable of using a keyboard or the English language correctly. 

The world would be a better place. 

On 15/02/2021 at 01:35, Dr The Singh said:

Hold on dude, when in this thread have I acted in any way disrespectful or said anything insulting, or act like a keyboard warrior.  Mate, I have met alot of the foxestalk, I have never once or ever not met the guys on here, or had any grief.

If I'm a keyboard warrior, like a Sikh, I challenge anyone, face to face otherwise.

Btw dude, rather then slander me can you respond to the post.

Foook me, kids don't know how to behave.

On 15/02/2021 at 01:37, Dr The Singh said:

Pm me lets sort this man to man.

On 15/02/2021 at 01:50, Dr The Singh said:

@StriderHiryu,  you insulted me, and called me a keyboard warrior.  Let's have it out.

I am cryinglol:appl:

• Like 1

On 17/02/2021 at 14:32, Strokes said:

Neither will the fans in most cases. 
They wanted Ranieri out by and Large, they wanted Pearson out at various stages by and large. 

As I remember it we were still divided on Ranieri but the players seemed to stop playing for him. He begun working on a playing style that was necessary but stories came out after that he wasn't the greatest in terms of management and his methods often left the team confused 

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

As I remember it we were still divided on Ranieri but the players seemed to stop playing for him. He begun working on a playing style that was necessary but stories came out after that he wasn't the greatest in terms of management and his methods often left the team confused 

The point I was making was that loyalty barely exists in football, not from fans, managers or players. The merits of the details are not important.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm forever grateful to Ranieri for the way he acted as a decoy for the team, taking the pressure off added by the media in 2015/16.

But I think it's anything other than realistic to believe we wouldn't have been relegated the following season, had he not been replaced.

He's toughened us up hugely in the past two months, one defeat in that time and even then we didn't play too badly. We've managed to grind out wins and get draws from less impressive performances as well as the impressive victories.

1 minute ago, Harry96 said:

Hopefully doesn’t bottle it this year to remove that tag 

Unwarranted tag, no-one thought Liverpool would win the title until Rodgers got them into a position to do so... same with us last season, no-one thought we would be top 4 until Rodgers got us into that position.

They were both disappointing runs towards the end but both times overall he achieved more than what was expected. 

• Like 1

Rodgers wouldn’t get on well at Spurs. They have the worlds tightest chairman and to get where they want to be they will need to spend money which they wouldnt be able to do as it would cost them 70 million to sack Jose and pay us off for Rodgers.

Their fans are a million miles more entitled than ours as well. We all have a moan when he slings on 9 defensive minded players against Villa but most of us recognise he’s doing a brilliant job, just with a few niggles. 

1 hour ago, Kendal Fox said:

I'm forever grateful to Ranieri for the way he acted as a decoy for the team, taking the pressure off added by the media in 2015/16.

But I think it's anything other than realistic to believe we wouldn't have been relegated the following season, had he not been replaced.

I totally agree, for me I will support a manager untill he loses the dressing room, if that happens he's clearly not a great manager, to change us to a passing side was a huge task, Ranieris failure was not capatisling on the transfer window summer of 2016, maybe it wasn't his fault, but for that 1 season he was a legend amongst our managers 

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I totally agree, for me I will support a manager untill he loses the dressing room, if that happens he's clearly not a great manager, to change us to a passing side was a huge task, Ranieris failure was not capatisling on the transfer window summer of 2016, maybe it wasn't his fault, but for that 1 season he was a legend amongst our managers 

Two words come to mind, laurels and rested.

Having one great half and then one bang average half has happened too often this season for it not to be deliberately surely. Think that's where Brendan has excelled over others (like Klopp). He has managed our energy so well allowing us to win games without running ourselves out too much. I said during our game against Liverpool that they will run themselves out and I really think they did. That balls to the wall style they had isn't feasible this year and Brendan has adapted us really well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Apparently he's sitting on a fat load of money if he doesn't take another job before June...

Not so sure he needs it if a big club came calling but i wouldn't blame him for putting his feet up for a few more months.

Now,   If you keep mourinho for the season then to me you stick with him next season. If you are going  to fire him then do it now and get that new manager bounce while you still have a shot at qualifying for champions league.

Will be interesting to see of kane sticks around our his agent starts to out feelers out.

Oh and Rodgers is not going to spurs. Real Madrid, maybe .

Edited by Jattdogg

I don’t get the BR to Spurs talk. Yes they might want him, but ask yourself where he will enhance reputation more? We are

on the cusp of building ‘success’ (and we can discuss what that means) over a prolonged period. The club are being taken to that next level (training ground...) and Rodgers has a hugely exciting young squad to work with and improve. I’d go as far as saying it his ideal job in terms of his strengths.

Sustaining us in the top 6 and a cup here and there and he’s a legend (and I think he can do better than that). Whereas that is the least of Spurs expectations. 

39 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Two words come to mind, laurels and rested.

Do you think that came from the players or Ranieri himself because the way I remember it he started trying to set us up defensively and encouraged a passing game but the players didn't take to it. Ranieri. Was trying to change the players style and they didn't buy into it. 

• Like 1