Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester City v Aston Villa(H) pre-match thread

40 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If we are the squad, we profess to be, Let .Villa worry about us....

Putting someone on Grealish,means we dont Trust our Star players..Plus why waste Castagne, or A.N.Other strengths to follow Grealish around....

Why should concentrate on  Stopping Grealish !!!....Can they Stop Barnes,Praet,Tielemans. Maddison ( if he plays) .???

A fine sentiment, but West ham could seemingly stop most of the above! 

Wish we'd have done something about their strengths now in hindsight. 

****ing hell, I think I've just made up my own trite saying. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

A fine sentiment, but West ham could seemingly stop most of the above! 

Wish we'd have done something about their strengths now in hindsight. 

****ing hell, I think I've just made up my own trite saying. 😂

We hamstrung ourselves in an attacking sense by trying to negate west ham's strengths. I am convinced if we played the formation that suits us and that the players know, we wouldn't have looked so bad against them.

• Like 3

I will be content to just stick Castagne on Grealish. That should suffice, with the usual support from the CDM (Mendy).

Not the way I'd go. I'd bring Hamza ( at the expense of Peroz ) in to watch Grealish,. Under will bring a better attacking threat from the Wing than Peroz offers even inside.

This would leave Castagne defend when needed and free to support Under and the attack. 

Just like I said before the WH game we need to respect them. That doesn't mean be afraid of them just that we need to realize they have gotten stronger

and anyone who thinks they don't have good players is being naive.

I still feel we can win but only if we're at it.

Edited by Clever Fox
Forgot some of it.

39 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We hamstrung ourselves in an attacking sense by trying to negate west ham's strengths. I am convinced if we played the formation that suits us and that the players know, we wouldn't have looked so bad against them.

...I think West Ham would have played the same strategy irrespective of our formation!!!

With Maddison and Praet out, we attempted to try and control the game not being at full strength and played in a way that suited them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

If we are the squad, we profess to be, Let .Villa worry about us....

Putting someone on Grealish,means we dont Trust our Star players..Plus why waste Castagne, or A.N.Other strengths to follow Grealish around....

Why should concentrate on  Stopping Grealish !!!....Can they Stop Barnes,Praet,Tielemans. Maddison ( if he plays) .???

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I will be content to just stick Castagne on Grealish. That should suffice, with the usual support from the CDM (Mendy).

Not the way I'd go. I'd bring Hamza ( at the expense of Peroz ) in to watch Grealish,. Under will bring a better attacking threat from the Wing than Peroz offers even inside.

This would leave Castagne defend when needed and free to support Under and the attack. 

Just like I said before the WH game we need to respect them. That doesn't mean be afraid of them just that we need to realize they have gotten stronger

and anyone who thinks they don't have good players is being naive.

I still feel we can win but only if we're at it.

You both need to read the “Castagne on Grealish” statement in context. Following is the sequence of the discourse:

On 12/10/2020 at 20:51, NaijaFox said:

Grealish is a very good player, but I wouldn’t go out of the way to make any extra special arrangements for him. He's no Kevin De Bruyne, and there's no need to start moving personnel around to (over)compensate for his presence. Frankly think Barkley if he's up for it on the day (as an Evertonian, he was visibly motivated for the Liverpool game and his Villa EPL debut) has a greater potential to hurt us.

On 13/10/2020 at 02:50, NaijaFox said:

I will be content to just stick Castagne on Grealish. That should suffice, with the usual support from the CDM (Mendy).

In other words, Castagne at RB (presumably, as he has in the first 4 PL games) assumes primary responsibility for Grealish, who presumably would be playing principally on the left hand side (as he usually does for Villa). The DM (presumably Mendy) picks him up whenever he comes inside.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

You both need to read the statement regarding Castagne and Grealish in context. Following is the sequence of the discourse:

In other words, whomever plays at RB (which presumably would be Castagne, as he has in the first 4 PL games) will inherit principal responsibility for Grealish (who presumably would be playing out on the left hand side as he usually does for Villa).

Grealish uses the right hand side,but he drifts around...I wouldnt want Chestnut to be pulled out of position...Grealish goes down the/his  right flank then 

Its autumn & Castagne can Drop his conkers,to Surround him..:tumbleweed:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Grealish uses the right hand side,but he drifts around...I wouldnt want Chestnut to be pulled out of position...Grealish goes down the/his  right flank then 

Its autumn & Castagne can Drop his conkers,to Surround him..:tumbleweed:

When he comes inside, the DM picks him up and if he goes out right, the LB does. The principal point is that there should be NO “special arrangements for him”.

The big question is whether Villa are the side they appear to be, or if they will come back down to Earth and be who we thought they were when the season was yet to start.

I'm predicting a tight match with no clarity until the final minutes as to who the winner will be, or if there will be a winner at all. 1-1 draw.

Feels like we'll have addressed some of our issues at the back, and have sharpened our teeth going forward. New signings should provide some chomp off of the bench.

Edited by UPinCarolina

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not an in the know, but you will be aware that the injuries occured and yet the player continued to play on, sometimes to the end of the game!!

Later we find the player will be out for an unexpected duration of time which begs the question why did he continue to play  exacerbating the problem.

My thoughts are if the Rennie situation was due to him advocating for the players, obviously contradicting what is at present being carried out, then we need someone who can assess an injury and  over rule any attempt to allow a player to continue, as it is not in the player, or the clubs interest, for him to continue to play to the end.

As I have said, I am not In The Know but it is a what I have noticed!!!

An obvious conclusion when you think about it like that. 

download (1).jpeg

9 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

More likely to be The Two Wesses...Fofana/Morgan

That would be like a local Village Team with Father and Son in the same line-up.  I sincerely hope you are wrong..................

• Haha 2

In times past, when we've had a reduced squad we've just got on with it and players have stepped up to the mark.

I don't see why this can't happen on Sunday. I think some contributers are overly pessimistic about our player's abilities and mentalities. In spite of his obvious shortcomings with age, Wes (the older) has a wealth of experience, determination, and a much-needed presence on the field. Fuchs is still just a wonderful player with many of the same attributes.  As for little Wes, I imagine his comedic personality will enable him to fit in well with the squad;  he appears to have the character and ebullience to be unfazed by the situation and to step up and have a scintillating debut.  

In addition, as one poster has already remarked (and people similarly on the England performance), one way to cope with a dodgy defence is to give the opposition so many problems at the other end that they are hardly in a state to construct dangerous attacks.  And we have so much potential going forward (cue a brilliant debut for Under, and an equally blistering performance by Barnes to eradicate his England frustrations).

If the players are aware of it, this has also been a week in which our club has reached new heights in the way it is regarded by other clubs in the league, so there must be a rarefied atmosphere around the club at the moment. Let's capitalise on it.

• Like 2

Guest Danny Clender

As always, I’m really looking forward to the Maddison vs Grealish battle. 

There is an absolute endless pit of comparisons for these two, but skillz, capz and bantz aside, the battle I'm looking forward to most, is of their hair.

Grealish has just been away with England playing European cosmopolitans Denmark, Belgium and Wales.

For Jack though, he brushed away the competition.

For starters, there was no Gareth Bale or Joe Allen and Belgium and Denmark are a lower grade compared to Grealish.

There’s school of thought that perhaps Grealish may be caught off guard when it comes to this Sunday’s match day.  So, If ever there was a good time to change his signature “Peaky Blinder” do, now would be the time, perhaps the long anticipated claret and blue rinse by order of the Holte Enders?

As for Maddison, well he’s been injured recently, and as everybody knows, it’s mandatory for all footballers hair to be covered underneath a hoody or a baseball cap whilst in the stands.

Has his injury been a calculated ploy, a diversion tactic allowing him to get his bonce perfectly in trim for this game?

Could he go for a “Never Seen Yet, Peaky Blinder Season 6” cut?

Could he deploy the Alice band again? or even go full mega-bantz and “Do a Beckham 2000” cut?

It’s certainly something to get excited about.

As for the game itself, I see a definite close shave.

How severe is Soynucu’s injury?

Will we see Fofana regardless of Soy’s predicament?

Which Brendan will we get?, Nervous Nerys or he who dares?

I’d love to see the line up we had for the first two games again, regardless of opposition quality, it did work.

I still don’t feel this season is real yet, so it’s hard to take completely seriously.