Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

23 hours ago, murphy said:

I think that we have reached a tipping point with our injuries now.  We have very little creative or attacking threat left among the surviving cast and Rodgers has very little to work with.  The point is that we have to adjust our expectations accordingly and it seems that many just can't. Of course this next few weeks will be a tough watch at times, it is to be expected due to circumstances so let's stop acting as if we're in denial or blind to it.

Our second XI is nowhere near as good as our first,  We have an unbalanced squad, light in some areas and heavy in others and the big players we have left have been run into the ground due to work load and previous injuries inhibiting Rodgers ability to rotate.  For the first time, it seems much more likely than not that top four is gone, purely because we can't field a top half team and results are bound to suffer. 

We've always been an unforgiving lot but we need to accept the situation, lower our expectations and be a little kinder to our mistakes to paraphrase Kate the great.  We can argue about team selection but with what we have left to work with what can we realistically expect?  

It is what it is but I think it is very different to last years implosion.

Basically we need to become a team who grind out 1 nil wins 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Basically we need to become a team who grind out 1 nil wins 

So true - Spurs showed that yesterday. Even chelsea though that wasn’t the type of game you’re probably referencing. Clean sheets are required !!!! 

not sure we can defend set plays well enough though .....

Just now, st albans fox said:

So true - Spurs showed that yesterday. Even chelsea though that wasn’t the type of game you’re probably referencing. Clean sheets are required !!!! 

not sure we can defend set plays well enough though .....

Yes I get what you’re saying, but luckily not every team are as good as Burnley at playing anti football! 

Although in fairness it was a hospital pass that led to their goal. We actually rode out their anti football aerial bombardment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Yes I get what you’re saying, but luckily not every team are as good as Burnley at playing anti football! 

Although in fairness it was a hospital pass that led to their goal. We actually rode out their anti football aerial bombardment. 

With good fortune we did - however, had we been one up then that bombardment would have been a lot more intense and at some point kasper would probably been beaten .... there are only so many free headers you can give the opposition before they score ..... many of the ‘lesser’ teams we still have to play can be effective from set plays and they will view our susceptibility with glee in their planning - win free kicks in the middle third and try to nick corners without committing too many forward - it’s not a difficult approach ....

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, Nalis said:

We got our 4pts from Burnley and Brighton so mission accomplished - 8 days to rest Youri et all and get the likes of Maddison and Evans back hopefully.

Massive. And if we can nab a win against Sheff U we’ll have two more weeks to get some others back as well.

Assuming Maddison and Evans back next week, who’s left? 

Perez and Praet after and then Barnes and JJ long term injuries?

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Massive. And if we can nab a win against Sheff U we’ll have two more weeks to get some others back as well.

I think after the International Break the only players that should still be out are Barnes (who will be a couple of weeks off still) and JJ

Possibly still Maddison as there doesn't seem to actually be a timeline for what is wrong with him but hopefully he is back before April

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

After Sheffield is FA Cup. Then 2 weeks off.

36 minutes ago, KFS said:

I think Perez and Evans should be back for Sheff Utd. Praet could potentially be involved, as well. He should be back in training this week, anyway. He's ahead of schedule.

I'm not sure anyone knows when Maddison is meant to be back. I think he's had scans that show nothing wrong, so that's promising.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think Perez and Evans should be back for Sheff Utd. Praet could potentially be involved, as well. He should be back in training this week, anyway. He's ahead of schedule.

I'm not sure anyone knows when Maddison is meant to be back. I think he's had scans that show nothing wrong, so that's promising.

It will be nice to welcome both back but just wonder what we'll do with Perez. Arguably his best position would be in the Maddison role but I'd hate to think we'd drop Iheanacho for him as the lad has been one of our better players and is scoring regularly. 

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It will be nice to welcome both back but just wonder what we'll do with Perez. Arguably his best position would be in the Maddison role but I'd hate to think we'd drop Iheanacho for him as the lad has been one of our better players and is scoring regularly. 

Good point. Can't drop Nacho in this sort of form. I suppose Perez could play RW. I know people will groan, but it does allow us to play with a back 4 and with Ricardo and Castagne as full-backs. At the very least, he does strengthen today's bench significantly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Good point. Can't drop Nacho in this sort of form. I suppose Perez could play RW. I know people will groan, but it does allow us to play with a back 4 and with Ricardo and Castagne as full-backs. At the very least, he does strengthen today's bench significantly.

Agreed and although I'm one of the first to give him some stick, I just assumed he'd be Maddisons replacement. Out of the two now though, I think Iheanacho has taken his opportunities well and moved streets ahead of him for a number of reasons. 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed and although I'm one of the first to give him some stick, I just assumed he'd be Maddisons replacement. Out of the two now though, I think Iheanacho has taken his opportunities well and moved streets ahead of him for a number of reasons. 

I think if Ayoze hadn't been injured, he would have filled in ahead of Kelechi. Agreed - KI has played very well recently. He's a player whose form fluctuates wildly, but he couldn't have picked a better time to have a purple patch, especially with all 3 who probably would have played no.10 ahead of him in Maddison, Praet and Perez all injured.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think if Ayoze hadn't been injured, he would have filled in ahead of Kelechi. Agreed - KI has played very well recently. He's a player whose form fluctuates wildly, but he couldn't have picked a better time to have a purple patch, especially with all 3 who probably would have played no.10 ahead of him in Maddison, Praet and Perez all injured.

Agreed (ran out of reps).