Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

currently fit outfield member of our Premier League Sqaud

Ricardo

Castange

Amartey

Soyuncu

Ndidi

Mendy

Choudhury

Tielemans

Albrighton

Vardy - debateable 

Under

Fuchs

Have I missed anyone?? 12 fully fit first team

players? 
One of them highly debatable and a couple of them not long returned from long term injuries.

It’s crazy how bad it’s been this season, but not once heard it used as an excuse from within the club.

Thomas and Iheanacho to add to your 'fit' list? Nevertheless, the quality of players out will mean we will struggle for all, or nearly all, of the season

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know we've given him a new contract but ongoing injury for Evans will probably be the reason why we might be in again for Tarkowski. Could do with him retiring from international football but don't see him wanting to do that. 

He been playing carry a injury for weeks acording to BR.

12 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Thomas and Iheanacho to add to your 'fit' list? Nevertheless, the quality of players out will mean we will struggle for all, or nearly all, of the season

I don't think it's quite that bad. We could struggle with the next couple of games, but then there's 8 days between the Brighton and Sheff Utd games which will help.

After the international break, we could have everyone except Barnes and, obviously, JJ back. Barnes could be back 2 or 3 weeks after that. I think having just one game a week will be a boost for us, and that'll be the norm after Brighton on Saturday.

• Like 3

Interviewer speaking to BR said eight players currently out injured. I'm not sure if he was including Big Wes, or indeed if Big Wes is injured.

Little Wes

Perez

Praet

Maddison

Justin

Barnes

Evans

(Big Wes)

Who's the other one or will it be Big Wes?

4 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Problem with that is that is includes Liverpool's 3rd choice and a youngster who I don't think has made a PL appearance, then Palace having people like Connor Wickham etc.

Don't get me wrong, Liverpool have been hit just as badly with long term injuries as we have but they should have the resources to better cope with it and many other teams still have first team players on their books who'd never feature and we don't.

4 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Liverpool's list includes a grieving goalkeeper, a back-up goalkeeper and a left-back that doesn't make the team.

Ours is eight first-team players and a rum dealer. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Problem with that is that is includes Liverpool's 3rd choice and a youngster who I don't think has made a PL appearance, then Palace having people like Connor Wickham etc.

Don't get me wrong, Liverpool have been hit just as badly with long term injuries as we have but they should have the resources to better cope with it and many other teams still have first team players on their books who'd never feature and we don't.

Includes Morgan for us though as well :dunno:

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Liverpool brought in 2 CBs in January but elected not to push them in (like we did with little Wes) but continued to play Henderson as a CB.  They certainly had the resources, and misused them in the short term.

I feel the issue is just simply squad depth although saying that are squad is arguably the strongest ever. What I think has really cost us is rushing back players after injuries especially vardy. Also overpaying Barnes, JJ and Evans could add Yori to that list but he's just a tank. 

I've been thinking about some other clubs who have been beset by injuries, like Liverpool, Southampton and Palace and how they're performing compared to their expectations.

After talk of establishing a 'dynasty' following their Champions League, Club World Cup and Premier League title wins, Liverpool are sitting in sixth place, 22 points off the top and with Chelsea and West Ham to overhaul to sneak into the Champions League places. Granted, Man City are back to doing incredible things again but Liverpool's squad isn't maintaining a challenge.

Southampton's squad has been absolutely ravaged by injuries this season and they've tumbled from top in November to 14th place now, having accrued a single point in the last nine games and only 14 points from the last 54 available since rising to the summit. At the start of the season, nobody would have expected them to mount a title bid but after the way Hassenhutl had turned them around since we beat them 9-0, they should be threatening to break into the top six and be in the top half as a minimum requirement. Their squad players haven't been of the required quality to keep them in the upper reaches of the table. In fact, they're more like relegation standard.

Palace would have expected to push for a top-half finish at the most this season, while expecting that a bottom-half finish is entirely likely and expected. They're not a scintillating watch but they have a couple of players with the X-factor in the form of Zaha and Eze, and their current position of 13th would be wholly acceptable for them, especially with the injuries they've suffered.

And then there's us. We've suffered big injuries to many key players at different points in the season. They've been of differing severities resulting in various lengths of time on the treatment table for those players. We've had Europa League football to contend with and are in the fifth round of the FA Cup. And, crucially, we're third in the league. After last season, what would've been an acceptable league position? Fifth again? Sixth? Seventh? Top half because of the Europa League? The truth is that Rodgers and the players have already stepped up this season to get us to where we are while also having midweek games almost every week of the season. Not only that but our form immediately after a Europa League game is magnificent on the whole.

Overall, it's clear that the abilities of our squad players are closer to the levels of our first XI (if we have one) than the likes of Liverpool's squad players compared to their first XI, and the same goes for Southampton's. Our whole squad has contributed to where we are and we're fighting for Champions League football again. Vardy, Fofana, Praet and Perez could all be available again relatively soon, which will be welcome boosts, but there's quality across the whole squad that can see us through until then. We may make heavy weather of some games but we're a tough nut to crack when we want to be these days, and Rodgers demands a certain level of performance.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Includes Morgan for us though as well :dunno:

Yeah but he's been in plenty of match day squads and I'm sure he'd have featured in a few games. Guess the point is that everyone in our squad has a chance of playing and these guys are the next in line if somebody is missing/we want to rotate whereas some of the other teams have a lot of deadwood in their squads who are probably not even second choice and some not even registered.