Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Anyone else thing it's no coincidence two of our guys got racked up chasing passes from Tielemans?  Youri is a menace - stop him before he kills again.

only (a fit) Vardy is capable of keeping up with Youri's passing

How we cope with Europe, and going deeper into cups is what makes us a real top side.

This year has been exceptional for injuries, but even if our injuries were at a typical level, our first choice team would still be struggling under the weight of games.

Edited by ozleicester

If we finish this season just scraping 4th with all that’s gone against us I will say bravo give the lads a big high five and an extended break.

not even thinking about the FA cup now unless we start getting players back and hitting some form again. If the planets align for us again I do think we have within us one more winning run but it’s gonna take every bit of man management, good luck and Individual determination to sustain it.

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who out of the established first teamers have been available all season?

Kasper

Youri

Albrighton

Kelechi

Under

Hamza 

Mendy

Thomas

Can't think of any others. That is horrific.

Didn't Mendy have a slight neck strain (or something to that effect) that kept him out for a game or two?

11 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

Surely that's worked out quite well for us. We should still have enough to beat sheffield utd, brighton and burnley

Don’t say that. We had even more than now against Fulham earlier in the season and lost. Some said the same vs Slavia Prague (who are a good side though).

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Don’t say that. We had even more than now against Fulham earlier in the season and lost. Some said the same vs Slavia Prague (who are a good side though).

It’s so arrogant to think that with a patched up half fit knackered out squad we can beat these teams without both enormous effort and a little luck .....brighton are fighting for their lives and sheff u players are trying to prove that they are worth a punt from another PL club when they go down.  

• Like 2

It's not just the injuries. Some lads form has also gone. Most likely related to fatigue. So perhaps the right question to ask is - who in the normal match day squad is fit & in form? 

Currently that's probably a very small number. To compete at the higher end you need to keep them on the park, but also purring. BR has a right job on his hands over the next month. 

Guest bss9401
16 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I'm sure that I wasn't the only one that thought the worse when Tielemans hit the deck holding his knee. That would have made a disastrous day into a shockingly bad one. 

Good spot. I literally yelled a FFS at the telly when Barnes went down after overstretching for that pass. 

6 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Didn't Mendy have a slight neck strain (or something to that effect) that kept him out for a game or two?

Yeah a couple of people pointed out others had slight problems, took those off to leave us with just 5 players who haven't had a problem this season (6 if you include Danny Ward). 

• Like 2

currently fit outfield member of our Premier League Sqaud

Ricardo

Castange

Amartey

Soyuncu

Ndidi

Mendy

Choudhury

Tielemans

Albrighton

Vardy - debateable 

Under

Fuchs

Have I missed anyone?? 12 fully fit first team

players? 
One of them highly debatable and a couple of them not long returned from long term injuries.

It’s crazy how bad it’s been this season, but not once heard it used as an excuse from within the club.

29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ricardo

Castange

Amartey

Soyuncu

Ndidi

Mendy

Choudhury

Tielemans

Albrighton

Vardy - debateable 

Under

Fuchs

players? 
One of them highly debatable and a couple of them not long returned from long term injuries.

It’s crazy how bad it’s been this season, but not once heard it used as an excuse from within the club.

Nacho and Thomas. I think that might be it.

31 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ricardo

Castange

Amartey

Soyuncu

Ndidi

Mendy

Choudhury

Tielemans

Albrighton

Vardy - debateable 

Under

Fuchs

players? 

Crazy, but also to some extent predictable.  If you look at the minutes played for 2020/21 season, it’s startling the number of our players are in the top ten (for the respective position). It’s a similar picture for the previous season as well. 

The Sheffield United match is 8 days after the Brighton game which is the longest period of rest we'll have had in a while and hopefully some of our short term injuries will be back. If we can get at least 4 points from the next 2 games with no new injuries it will be a major boost. 

• Like 4