Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

Ricardo: “He won’t be available for the weekend but we’re confident after the international break he will be okay. It’s just a slight strain.”

Barnes: “It’s a couple of weeks since the operation and he’s doing well, working well in the pool. He’s coming along. We’ll see how he goes over the coming weeks. We were looking at six weeks to get him back into training.”

Maddison: “He was out on the field today and looked very good, and we’re hopeful that if he has a good couple of weeks during the international break, he should then be back. He looked really good. That will be great news."

Edited by jeffschlupp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to have another player in Praet back for this weekend, an option off the bench. After the break, Maddison could be eased in and Ricardo back. Barnes I would expect earliest in May for the run-in. SO the last 3/4 games, providing no more setbacks, we could be as good as full strength for a final push for Top 4 and the FA Cup!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Ricardo: “He won’t be available for the weekend but we’re confident after the international break he will be okay. It’s just a slight strain.”

Barnes: “It’s a couple of weeks since the operation and he’s doing well, working well in the pool. He’s coming along. We’ll see how he goes over the coming weeks. We were looking at six weeks to get him back into training.”

Maddison: “He was out on the field today and looked very good, and we’re hopeful that if he has a good couple of weeks during the international break, he should then be back. He looked really good. That will be great news."

Another six weeks?  And that's only back for training.  I thought he was supposed to be out for six weeks in total? 

Bummer. :(

Barnes is the big miss for me.  Season over for him really.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Another six weeks?  And that's only back for training.  I thought he was supposed to be out for six weeks in total? 

That's what he is saying, 6 weeks from injury. Which would be around the West Brom game mid-April where he rejoins training. I would think earliest for the Southampton game as a starting XI spot if all goes well. Maybe off the bench for West Brom and/or Crystal Palace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I read it differently.

By saying, "We were looking at six weeks to get him back into training...", might that not imply that the six weeks began after the operation, two weeks ago? So, four weeks until training again? :dunno:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

I read it differently.

By saying, "We were looking at six weeks to get him back into training...", might that not imply that the six weeks began after the operation, two weeks ago? So, four weeks until training again? :dunno:

"He’s coming along very well, but obviously we’ll see how he does over the next coming weeks. We said at the time we were looking at about six weeks to get back into training, so we’re two weeks post-operation and it’s all going well, but there’s still a long way to."

so two weeks into six weeks rehabilitation. He’ll be four more weeks, then train, so probably about five weeks from now 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That's what he is saying, 6 weeks from injury. Which would be around the West Brom game mid-April where he rejoins training. I would think earliest for the Southampton game as a starting XI spot if all goes well. Maybe off the bench for West Brom and/or Crystal Palace.

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

I read it differently.

OK, well that's good if you're both right.  Let's hope you are.  Seems a little ambiguous to me, I can't help but read it as six weeks from now?

12 minutes ago, murphy said:

OK, well that's good if you're both right.  Let's hope you are.  Seems a little ambiguous to me, I can't help but read it as six weeks from now?

He says, "We were looking at 6 weeks," which is the length of time they said when he was injured. I'm sure it doesn't mean 6 weeks from now. It should be 4 more weeks until he's back in training.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, murphy said:

Also, take what Brendan says with a pinch of salt. We all know his history of expectations for injured players to return are very ambitious.

Like I say, I think Maddison back mid-April, Barnes late-April/early-May (based on the tone in recent weeks). Fingers crossed. If we had a near full team back by early-May then we could have a real crack at remaining games (and it would be great to have an FA Cup Final in there).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't believe how we've gone from so lucky with our players not getting injuries to so unlucky with our players getting so many injuries.

There has to be some logic, theory or reasoning behind it.

Injuries happen but its something that needs looking into when pinpointing what went wrong this season, learning from and asking if and how we can prevent so many injuries in the future.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't believe how we've gone from so lucky with our players not getting injuries to so unlucky with our players getting so many injuries.

There has to be some logic, theory or reasoning behind it.

Injuries happen but its something that needs looking into when pinpointing what went wrong this season, learning from and asking if and how we can prevent so many injuries in the future.

More games in more competitions at a greater intensity, I would suggest.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...