Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Maybe I won't get laughed at so much as I did previously but surely someone should be taking responsibility of this or looking into it further.

We cannot expect to make any progress with a significant number of our best players carrying injuries. 

Doesn’t it happen at many clubs ??

especially ones playing European football   - we simply don’t have enough quality in our second level player ….teams that usually play European competitions do and can rotate effectively 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Doesn’t it happen at many clubs ??

especially ones playing European football   - we simply don’t have enough quality in our second level player ….teams that usually play European competitions do and can rotate effectively 

I don't think the current level of attrition is normal. If you do then fair enough. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Every clubs got injuries but we have to start questioning what’s going so wrong here.

I referred to it earlier, but the injuries of squad players has half done us. Fofana for instance, with him, Evans, Soy and Amartey you have a constant rotation of 4 which would give ample time for rest.

8 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Obviously I don’t know why Evans got injured at the weekend but the manner he pulled up so early in the game made me question whether he was sufficiently warmed up. 

So you're questioning the staff (which I can half believe) but also a player of over 300 career appearances to not know how to warm up properly? 

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I referred to it earlier, but the injuries of squad players has half done us. Fofana for instance, with him, Evans, Soy and Amartey you have a constant rotation of 4 which would give ample time for rest.

So you're questioning the staff (which I can half believe) but also a player of over 300 career appearances to not know how to warm up properly? 

Why shouldn’t I raise the question? I’ve been watching people move and working in  physical rehab for over 20 years. You see Rugby players on bicycles on the pitch thoroughly warming up their hamstrings at the highest level of the sport, which you don’t see in football. Do all older players warm up more than the younger players? Seems to me they don’t, and yet, might need to - because a general squad warm up might not be bespoke enough. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Why shouldn’t I raise the question? I’ve been watching people move and working in  physical rehab for over 20 years. You see Rugby players on bicycles on the pitch thoroughly warming up their hamstrings at the highest level of the sport, which you don’t see in football. Do all older players warm up more than the younger players? Seems to me they don’t, and yet, might need to - because a general squad warm up might not be bespoke enough. 

Didn't say you shouldn't raise the question, merely saying that a 33yr old  pro player probably knows his body well enough to know what he needs to warm up.

We see what players do on the pitch pre-game, do you know they aren't stretching, doing personalised work in the changing rooms or gym areas?

With Evans you should be looking at his work load, the fact he's had other leg based injuries recently that will impact the other areas. 

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Bring back Dave Rennie, nothing like old timers with life experience compared to youngsters just out of university with their physio degrees

All of our first team physios/doctors have over 7 years post qualification experience. The club doctor has been working since 1984!

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

Very, very few rugby stadiums have that capability. Generally speaking as well it's used because some of the subs or subbed can come back on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Obviously I don’t know why Evans got injured at the weekend but the manner he pulled up so early in the game made me question whether he was sufficiently warmed up. 

The guy is 34 and because of the defence situation he's been playing almost every 3 days when I'm sure Rodgers would have preferred to give one of the others a go. Pretty sure he'd have sat him out as often as Vardy but we're so limited with options he's been playing every game. All the players do the same stretches and routines so he'd have been no differently prepared to anyone else.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Every clubs got injuries but we have to start questioning what’s going so wrong here.

Agreed, I don't buy its just bad luck or all down to the pandemic and the scheduling of games. That won't have helped but if Rodgers and his coaches believe it's solely that then we're in trouble, as they're completely absolving themselves of any notion they could be causing it. 

Didn't @Muzzy_Larsson allude to his injury record at Celtic being diabolical too? 

• Like 2

I refuse to believe that it’s just a case of ‘bad luck’. It’s been nearly 2 years since the first lockdown and in that time we have literally never had a fully fit squad - worse than that, we have never had a fully fit defensive line. The Fofanna injury was bad luck and a terrible tackle from some Spanish player that no one’s ever heard of. But other than that all of the injuries have been muscular and that’s usually down to being over worked or under prepared. Either way, BR needs to seriously take a long hard look at his training routines and his back room staff.

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 1

I looked at the recruitment and analysis staff on the website sometime ago and found that a number of the people listed were no long with us... hence why we probably ended up with Vestergaard and Bertrand, and maybe why our performance in games has declined if our data analytics aren't what they were.

Unfortunately, it's similar with the medical staff. The senior 1st team physio is now at Arsenal, and the club Dr is part-time. The back room needs work. Or have we replaced the physio?

We used to be lauded for our data analytics and innovative approaches to fitness and recovery. What's happened?

https://www.lcfc.com/teams/staff/medical-staff

Simon Murphy, now at Arsenal - https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-murphy-3393a055/?originalSubdomain=uk

Dr Ian Patchett, not full time

Gary Silk, still with us - https://www.linkedin.com/in/gary-silk-2b725a56/?originalSubdomain=uk

Reuben Joseph Walker, still with us - https://www.linkedin.com/in/reuben-joseph-walker-72267819b/?originalSubdomain=uk

Edited by Merging Cultures
  • Like 1

Good piece in the Athletic. The sheer volume of games in short succession combined with the fact we have a lot of injuries already is causing major issues.

For example, they talk about Soyuncu and Rodgers has said he was playing 'at his physical limit for weeks, making him a high injury risk'. But we had no choice but to play him with all our other CBs injured. 

• Like 1