Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

3 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

Europa league won't keep players of this calibre here, nor could we afford to keep them on this basis

1 minute ago, ParkerPen said:

do we sack off the domestic cups instead ? - I don't want to choose between them but something will have to give - without top 4 (and I hate the fact this is so important but that's life) we are not gonna have the squad to cope

Genuinely don't know the answer mate. I know that the wages that we're gonna save from Gray, Slimani, Fuchs and Morgan is going straight into new contracts for Tielemans, Maddison etc. That should keep them happy for another 2 years, whilst also maximising their potential value. I think with our revenues being as they are, sadly we have to sell a player every 12-24 months in order to generate transfer funds, as we can't generate enough funds through commercial avenues like the big 6 can.

We probably need to use to carry on doing similar to earlier this season, e.g. 4 first teamers, 5 reserves and then add 2 academy players. We'll probably have to do this for the ealier rounds on the FA and League Cup, as well as a game or two in the Europa League.

This year we've let Slimani and Gray go in January but haven't replaced their bodies in the squad, putting us on the back foot anyway, as well as having minimal rest time prior to the season starting, add in our injuries, and the fact we're not used to playing this many games, it's easy to see why we're in this position. Look at the other clubs, add in players like Giroud, Dele Alli or Greenwood (all been used sparingly or as reserves I believe) to our squad and we'd be in a much better position, but these are all on like 50k-100k each, we can't pay them that to play 20 times a season, except for maybe Giroud.

Sadly we're so far behind the others clubs in some areas, it's gonna take years to close the gap and that's if we're lucky.

The thing I always try and think of is the championship days and realise how far we've come. Breaking into the money 6 is ridiculous. For one, we're not a major city or attraction. Spurs have got the fact they're in London. 

Our efforts have to go to the academy and making sure our squad can be filled out with youngsters who can come in and do a decent job. I'm not looking for 17 year old Ronaldo but someone who can be trusted for a few games to do a few things right. If Tavares or KDH could take some of the heat off Youri and Madders for 4-5 games over a season, or be used as viable subs, then that's an amazing place to be in. 

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

Its not the pitch that's the problem. Its matches on two three days rest without a break and with a squad that needs more quality. We don't have a top 4 squad built for this type of stress.

They were going to relay the pitch over the summer bit it didn't happen for obvious reasons. It might just be an aggravating factor on top of our squad limitations, lunatic schedule etc.

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who out of the established first teamers have been available all season?

Kasper

Youri

Albrighton

Kelechi

Under

Hamza 

Mendy

Thomas

Can't think of any others. That is horrific.

Under was injured in Dec/Jan.

Nampalys had a neck injury in Jan.

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who out of the established first teamers have been available all season?

Kasper

Youri

Albrighton

Kelechi

Under

Hamza 

Mendy

Thomas

Can't think of any others. That is horrific.

Thomas wasn’t around at the beginning of the season, rumours were he had Covid/had to self isolate wasn’t there?

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Kasper

Youri

Albrighton

Kelechi

Hamza

:nigel:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/youri-tielemans/verletzungen/spieler/249565

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kelechi-iheanacho/verletzungen/spieler/295330

Some of these guys injury records are insane. Youri only having two injuries in his career. Kelechi only ever missing 17 days but most astonishingly Hamza has never been injured in his career. Not once.

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Delete this post immediately before you jinx us. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

tenor.gif?itemid=20034842

To be even more annoying. Before today it appears that Harvey Barnes had never had an injury in his career either lol

*or transfermarkt is wrong, but they are normally accurate.

What I think keeps the players is ambition, and with that status, if we are getting regular European football and building a squad to get better and better players like maddison will buy into it, our mistake and i think we all knew it at the time was not getting a couple of players in in January, there must have been someone we could have brought in to improve the squad and see us making a good go of Europe and domestic challenges 

It does feel like that 2 seasons in a row not getting anyone in in January might cost us champions League.

Not blaming the club or anyone but it does feel like that if we could have got that attacking midfielder which Brendan wanted we wouldn't be feeling so bad right now.

Might have to play Ricardo left back next game and ünder might get a start.

35 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It does feel like that 2 seasons in a row not getting anyone in in January might cost us champions League.

Not blaming the club or anyone but it does feel like that if we could have got that attacking midfielder which Brendan wanted we wouldn't be feeling so bad right now.

Might have to play Ricardo left back next game and ünder might get a start.

Under doesn’t seem the type for a game at turf moor ........

10 injuries in 8 weeks. Surely some of them were preventable? I know we've used the squad well but out of the three players who'd virtually played every game we've now lost two of them to serious knee injuries.

Personally think it's down to not having the level of squad to keep performing at the level we're at. You can't keep relying on being good at managing injuries, it's nonsense. We need a bigger squad and we need to vack the manager in the summer.

In many ways I'm really glad we haven't got Europe for the rest of the season. Might be our saving grace.

• Like 1