Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Praet coming back only matters much if he gets starts in matches that mean something, which is no sure thing. 

Well each match is going to mean something. Not sure it just about starts. He will provide a better option off the bench than we currently have though for sure.

36 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well each match is going to mean something. Not sure it just about starts. He will provide a better option off the bench than we currently have though for sure.

Well, that's the point, isn't it?  He'd pretty much been reduced to facing lower-league opposition in cup matches when he was hurt.  And Rodgers has shown no inclination to rotate the squad to rest Tielemans or Maddison even when he had the players to do it.

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Maddison, Praet, Evans and Perez are all estimated 1-2 weeks away so presumably one of those four. Exciting times really.

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Praet is surely going to take some time getting match fit again, feels like he has been out ages. 

Maddison coming back is huge for us! 

Evans will probably be back on Saturday I think. 

Then it'll be Maddison and Perez. 

Then Praet as it'll take a few weeks to get match ready. 

Then before we know it it's mid April and Barnes is back :D

I think that we have reached a tipping point with our injuries now.  We have very little creative or attacking threat left among the surviving cast and Rodgers has very little to work with.  The point is that we have to adjust our expectations accordingly and it seems that many just can't. Of course this next few weeks will be a tough watch at times, it is to be expected due to circumstances so let's stop acting as if we're in denial or blind to it.

Our second XI is nowhere near as good as our first,  We have an unbalanced squad, light in some areas and heavy in others and the big players we have left have been run into the ground due to work load and previous injuries inhibiting Rodgers ability to rotate.  For the first time, it seems much more likely than not that top four is gone, purely because we can't field a top half team and results are bound to suffer. 

We've always been an unforgiving lot but we need to accept the situation, lower our expectations and be a little kinder to our mistakes to paraphrase Kate the great.  We can argue about team selection but with what we have left to work with what can we realistically expect?  

It is what it is but I think it is very different to last years implosion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hales said:

Praet means we have someone to slot in for Madders and also Youri can get a rest. We need him back asap.  Love the 3 Belgians playing together, they connect so well.

So we're changing managers?

Just now, Deeg67 said:

He didn't rotate Tielemans and Maddison (in meaningful matches anyway) when Praet was healthy, so why expect him to do it when he comes back?

When Madders was injured Praet played? Youri cannot play every game and when he was rested previously Praet played? Either that or I imagined those games?! 🤷‍♀️😂

He played when Madders was hurt.  He played cup games against lower division sides.  But in league matches, even Europa?  I don't remember BR resting either of those guys for Praet when all three were healthy.  He'd get 15-25 minutes cameos off the bench, that's it.  And when he did start, it was usually as an inverted right winger.

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sounds like Maddison isn't as close as we thought he might be when Rodgers said he was returning to training next week. That doesn't seem the case and I suspect he will be back after the international break.

I reckon madders will do everything to play before the int break as missing this squad will mean missing the euros imo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I reckon madders will do everything to play before the int break as missing this squad will mean missing the euros imo

Selfish part of me doesn't want any of our players playing any international matches until next season. All international football should have been scrapped in my (selfish) opinion   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, murphy said:

I think that we have reached a tipping point with our injuries now.  We have very little creative or attacking threat left among the surviving cast and Rodgers has very little to work with.  The point is that we have to adjust our expectations accordingly and it seems that many just can't. Of course this next few weeks will be a tough watch at times, it is to be expected due to circumstances so let's stop acting as if we're in denial or blind to it.

Our second XI is nowhere near as good as our first,  We have an unbalanced squad, light in some areas and heavy in others and the big players we have left have been run into the ground due to work load and previous injuries inhibiting Rodgers ability to rotate.  For the first time, it seems much more likely than not that top four is gone, purely because we can't field a top half team and results are bound to suffer. 

We've always been an unforgiving lot but we need to accept the situation, lower our expectations and be a little kinder to our mistakes to paraphrase Kate the great.  We can argue about team selection but with what we have left to work with what can we realistically expect?  

It is what it is but I think it is very different to last years implosion.

What a great post. 

Last night bore no resemblance to the shattered confidence last season seen at everton, spurs, brighton at home etc

We looked what we currently are with the personnel- a half decent, wolves level.mid table outfit 

With some overdue luck, that xi is capable of riding a small wave  of 3 or 4 mins on the spin that all mid table teams pick up at some point in the season

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Good point! Hopefully get him on the pitch for the quarter final vs Man Utd

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Sounds like Maddison isn't as close as we thought he might be when Rodgers said he was returning to training next week. That doesn't seem the case and I suspect he will be back after the international break.

What he said was no different to what he has been saying really. Annoys me there's no mention of praet.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What he said was no different to what he has been saying really. Annoys me there's no mention of praet.

Praet was mentioned recently. Brendan said he's ahead of schedule and that they hope to get him back in training next week.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

“(Praet) is progressing very well. He’s quite a way down the road in terms of his rehabilitation. We’re hoping some time in early March he can rejoin the group. We’re looking at the week beginning March 8 as a timeline on him. He’s working well."

6 days ago 

• Like 2

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned and my ignorance, but I've not got the patience to scroll through 29 pages. Can someone explain why Dave Rennie is no longer at the club? Was there internal disagreements or conflicts of interest, or did he decide that it was the right time to leave? And do we believe that the club's increase in the frequency of injuries, coincides with his departure?