Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s getting beyond more than being ‘unlucky’ with injuries, what are we doing in training to have so many injuries but at the same time look so clueless and unfit come match day?

Hadn’t seen this thread had been bumped.

Probably a more apt thread to have posted it in.

Journos. Ask the tough questions that need answering and accounting for.

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Honestly at what point can we look at this more seriously? Wilf's been played against Burnley knowing he's got a knock and now we're without him again. 

Plenty of excuses will be wheeled out as normal but we're never going to press on if we can't ever put a first XI out.

You can usually double the time Brendan gives for players being out injured. So that’s Ndidi out for at least a month 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Seriously why the fook did we sack Rennie? Since he's been gone we've been an absolute shambles at keeping players fit. When 

An excellent point which doesnt get mentioned  enough. When injured  most of our players are   below  standard for weeks   when coming back  possiblly  Castagne an exception . Only  regular squad members not injury prone are Allbriighton  often not selected Choudbury never selected   andTeulemans the only regular not injury prone

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Seriously why the fook did we sack Rennie? Since he's been gone we've been an absolute shambles at keeping players fit. 

Pretty sure there was stuff about him sticking his nose where it doesn't belong or something like that

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

Seriously why the fook did we sack Rennie? Since he's been gone we've been an absolute shambles at keeping players fit. 

I think Rodgers wanted full control and it worries me, as when he does eventually leave then Congerton and his new physio team will too. The continuity has always been there previously but where will this leave us?

This is down to rudders to fix.

Given tbe enivitsbility of manager turnover then it is essential that the academy, medical, stats, psychology, diet, scouting and recruitment functions are all independent if the current manager.

I doubt he will fix it. . But Susan and top need to reduce our risk here 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure there was stuff about him sticking his nose where it doesn't belong or something like that

Yeh seems strange though how no other managers seemingly had a problem with him :dunno: Our injury record used to be fantastic.

• Like 2

People act like they know what went on with Rennie as if it was purely a case of sacking him for no good reason. 

Let's face it there's probably only a very small handful of people on here who may actually know what happened between Rennie and the club. 

Yes the record of injuries is terrible since his departure but I can't imagine it was some kind of unlawful dismissal otherwise surely we'd have heard about it by now? 

• Like 3

Has anyone heard about our women's team? They are also plagued by multiple injuries. Again the manager is not able to field his strongest 11 players so no wonder their getting roasted every week by the big teams. There's just too much evidence now that this matter has to be seriously addressed. The club should be transparent with the fans too as to whats going on. It's just too damn weird. I mean who's gonna get crocked next? You know its coming! Heads need to roll.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

People act like they know what went on with Rennie as if it was purely a case of sacking him for no good reason. 

Let's face it there's probably only a very small handful of people on here who may actually know what happened between Rennie and the club. 

Yes the record of injuries is terrible since his departure but I can't imagine it was some kind of unlawful dismissal otherwise surely we'd have heard about it by now? 

I said this at the time you don’t just sack someone whose a valued member of staff and been at the club for ages for no good reason . Plus the club is pretty good for looking after its staff/players  and I can’t see Top being a hire and fire kind of guy . I also recall we had a lot of injuries the last season Rennie was here . 

12 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think that Brendan didn't like it when Rennie kept suggesting that some players shouldn't play cos they hadn't fully recovered... something like that

If that is true then it's mental.ffs. Rodgers isn't a physio. 

We had injuries previously (when Rennie was here) but not as many as we do now and not recurrent like they are now either.

It's not a coincidence to me.

• Like 1

It’s a real shame we’ve picked up so many injuries this season and before the season kicked off, the competitiveness of the Europa League Premier League and cup competitions are taking their toll on our lads.

The fact we lost Rennie is neither here or there as any Sports medical team worth their salt will know how to notice when players are struggling early on in injuries, but is it down to some players who know a possibility they may lose their places if injured hide the niggle play that  extra game make it worse?

We've been really unlucky this season early on with the injuries to some major team players but I’m sure we’ll get through this blip and get back into fine form again, Madders showed some form of old V Warsaw let’s hope the lad continues this; We do have some quality on the bench but unfortunately not in defensive positions so maybe in January Brendan will be dipping into the market again wouldn’t be surprised if we put a bid in for Tarkowski again?

But all in all injuries aside I’m sure we’ll be fine over the coming months and find form improve on our results and quality and climb the table, plus I can’t believe the calls for Brendan to be sacked by some following only 9 games of the Domestic season and 2 Europa games it’s bizarre to see posts calling for his sacking, Brendan has been one of the most successful managers this last decade at Leicester he’ll get the lads playing sublime football again which we know we are capable of; So please hold fire the anti Brendanites give this Top manger a time to prove you wrong time to back the manager and team not Boo or call for his head !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 2

Seriously what a load of guff being spoken about injuries, can anyone point to an injury caused by neglect?

Hamstring, groin & strain issues are the most common and any given w/end a player will be substituted due to an injury of this type in the premier lge and multiple times through the lge pyramid, you can warm up all you like but 1 over stretch or twist can pop something.

Breaks and ligament damage due to bad tackles who’s that on?

Knee style injuries looking at JJ and Barnes no one else involved just landed awkwardly, freak accidents.

Evans planter fasciitis issue could simply be down to his foot structure and he was born with that so even if the great Rennie was there he can’t replace his foot.

Every club has injuries and every injury we have they have we are not cornering the market in a particular type of injury.

These guys are treated like prized racehorses and have access to the best facilities, treatments and medical professionals around and I’m sure sports science teams are looking into both preventative and recovery measures but some on here have it that there is a mole within our club set on sabotaging our key players, are you all sat with tinfoil on ya heads as well?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, matty98 said:

Yeh seems strange though how no other managers seemingly had a problem with him :dunno: Our injury record used to be fantastic.

Plus, and although pure conjecture, if you have been there that long and everything in your field of work appears to have been working well, if you were to see practices or procedures that might jeopardise that, why would you not stick your nose in? However, I don't know that we are really aware of why he was released. 

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Seriously what a load of guff being spoken about injuries, can anyone point to an injury caused by neglect?

Without knowing training regime and treatment facilities, (which no-one outside the club will know), all we can do is speculate.

We know that in 2015/16 there were very few injuries and our recovery procedures for injured players were lauded in the media, Of course, there are some injuries eg Fofana which nothing  internally could have prevented. I agree hamstring injuries can occur at any time but there is no doubt we are having more injuries than other clubs. It seemed to start last season but is now even worse. Rennie's dismissal was part of a revamp of he medical department. I am not sure this is a great success so far; players seem to be out for very long periods and then we have a 'fit' Maddison grimacing at the start while taking the knee. 

Of course, we have more games to play currently, but then we have a much larger squad (in theory) available to play (if fit).  We will continue to struggle this season until we have something approaching a settled side.

Of course, BKL Fox may be right; but it's a fact we have completely different personnel now compared to a few seasons ago, and injuries (including recovery times) will stop the squad showing showing its potential - which is a top 4 finish.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Are you trying to deny me the right to pass off wild speculation as indisputable truth? Anyway, how are we doing compared to other clubs? I wonder if there’s a psychological problem too. Physical and mental health are often linked so I wouldn’t be surprised if that includes injuries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1