Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst I understand what you’re saying and totally agree no doubt we will be hearing the same things about fatigue and injuries next season because we’re playing two games a week.

The comments I’ve seen about dropping out of Europe - whilst admittedly I’ve made similar myself you have to question why we try and get European football - that’s not anything I’m saying about us, it’s comments and attitude towards the Europa League within the football community.

Yes it gives us extra revenue but we can’t have our cake and eat it then moan about the belly ache.

As for the season starting earlier i’m not sure that’ll have much impact on the European schedule, I’m not sure but the European schedule doesn’t seem a lot different to a normal season, those issues will still be there.

No moaning from me - but our extensive injuries meant something had to give, sadly. My point about the earlier start is that the entire fixture list will be less condensed, and thus the injury list will be less stark. Plus, we may have more bodies in. 

When we qualified from the group stages we had players coming back from injury and in January we were close to having a fully fit squad. Come the Europa League games we had new players missing and others at risk of injury.

I don't think Rodgers wanted to go out but was restricted by who we could select whilst trying to juggle league games every four days it seemed. Had the timing been different, the line-up might've been too. Rodgers acknowledged and took responsibility for the result. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think we need to assume Maddison won't be back fit for us properly this season. He might start being eased in mid-April and then play the last 4/5 games assuming no setbacks. Big miss for us and it might cost us Top 4 again.

Good news, he won't be selected for England and should have a good pre-season to get ready.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Positive news 

That is a surprise re Praet. He said that without any caveats too like 'we'll have a look at him in the morning'

This could lead to, imo, a really interesting line up if Praet plays that right midfield role and perhaps ricardo left (effectively replacing barnes)....Kel and Vards up front. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Positive news 

That is good news. 3 players back. Shame that it has to be Barnes and Maddison who are out the longest with them creating and scoring a lot recently, but at least they shouldn't miss too many matches with the schedule and international break coming up. Could have been a lot worse if it was still 2 games a week.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

That is a surprise re Praet. He said that without any caveats too like 'we'll have a look at him in the morning'

This could lead to, imo, a really interesting line up if Praet plays that right midfield role and perhaps ricardo left (effectively replacing barnes)....Kel and Vards up front. 

I doubt he'll start to be honest. More likely to see Perez who's coming back from less time out. 

Probably be one of those 60-70mins subs to come on. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So Praet is back? That would be huge if so....

Thinking the same. Given the other injuries we have in our squad, having Praet back as an option for cover in a variety of positions will be a massive boost. Perez too, actually. Means we've got lots of decent combinations available on both wings - even without Barnes and Ünder - and options inside which link everything together.

We can pretty much mix-and-match with:

RB: Ricardo/Albrighton/Amartey/Castagne

RW: Ricardo/Albrighton/Praet/Perez

CM: Tielemans/Praet/Tavares

CAM: Praet/Iheanacho/Perez/Tavares

LB: Thomas/Castagne/Ricardo

LW: Castagne/Albrighton

ST: Vardy/Iheanacho/Perez

Considering our injuries this season, thats pretty reasonable depth. The versatility of our FBs in particular has helped us out massively.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

I'm really confused as to what is wrong with Madders! If the scans are clear then is it phycological? 

Judging by the ugly bruised swelling seen when he went off injured at Villa (?)....it's not psychological. 

It is a concern though. Surgery obviously not needed but they clearly can't timeline how long it'll take to settle down 

42 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

I'm really confused as to what is wrong with Madders! If the scans are clear then is it phycological? 

The way Rodgers described the original injury the tendon in his hip was inflamed, so could be a tendonitis type problem that's taking a while to settle down or flares up when he trains/plays. 

I was wondering if theres been any mention of barnes recently? FPL seems to be surprisingly accurate with injuries and has him down as likely available for the west ham game... Which to me seems too good to be true? 

It would be fantastic if he actually is back around then. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I was wondering if theres been any mention of barnes recently? FPL seems to be surprisingly accurate with injuries and has him down as likely available for the west ham game... Which to me seems too good to be true? 

It would be fantastic if he actually is back around then. 

I'm not sure if he's been mentioned recently. We were told 6 weeks out, and he was injured on 28th Feb. 11th April is 6 weeks after that date. The West Ham game is the 10th. I suppose it is possible that he's back for it, but I think the WBA game on the 17th is more likely. Too early to say, really. Obviously, he could heal faster or slower than the estimated time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm not sure if he's been mentioned recently. We were told 6 weeks out, and he was injured on 28th Feb. 11th April is 6 weeks after that date. The West Ham game is the 10th. I suppose it is possible that he's back for it, but I think the WBA game on the 17th is more likely. Too early to say, really. Obviously, he could heal faster or slower than the estimated time.

Yeah it sounds like they are working off the 6 week comments. Hopefully we will get an update soon. It would be an enormous boost to have him available earlier 

10 minutes ago, eblair said:

have we got a timeline on the harvey injury yet, Brendan was giving optimistic vibes but we all know how that usually goes....

I’ve seen that he was originally expected back for 17th April against West Brom.

Haven’t seen any further updates though. 

15 minutes ago, eblair said:

have we got a timeline on the harvey injury yet, Brendan was giving optimistic vibes but we all know how that usually goes....

6 weeks from time of injury (28th Feb). 

You do the maths! 

download.jpeg.a3bbbe047a58dc2827cde8ee42097142.jpeg

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, eblair said:

Potentially back for West Ham away but most likely back for West Brom at home.