Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

After Sheffield is FA Cup. Then 2 weeks off.

Good point, four weeks until the Man City game. Hopefully time to get at least three / four key players back for last nine league games. Would be a massive boost!

Rodgers said Evens should be back for next weekend and possibly Perez. Praet is supposed to be re-joining first team training this week, although assume it will be a  couple of weeks before he's back playing? No mention of Madders

• Thanks 1

On 28/02/2021 at 15:40, StanSP said:

From memory

Perez - vs Liverpool at home

Maddison - vs Villa away

Fofana - not sure?

Barnes - vs Arsenal at home

Praet - vs Stoke away

Justin - vs Brighton at home

Having said that, that's just the moment the injury happened. Like Rodgers alluded to today, the injuries might have been there before (not to the same severity) and they were trying to be managed. 

I think it would be too much of a stretch to blame it on the pitch. As Rennie tweeted, there's a lot more to it than just any one thing. Some of it could be to do with the high intensity, high frequency of games, lack of pre-season, lack of recovery time, poor management of injuries...

That's a record of injuries as last week.

Still think it's more than just the pitch. The reasons stated above still stand.

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Intresting, hadn't thought about that. Certainly Matty James, Ricardo and James Justin were all at the kp

We are relaying the surface at the end of the season apparently. It may have deteriorated over time as there looks like a causal link to the rash of injuries . Seems odd that if the pitch is suspect it is adversely affecting the home team though , our home form has dropped off a cliff lately 

I've just been having a look at the fixture list, and I don't think it can be overstated how much the easing up of the schedule will help us. It's like injuries will heal in half the time! Before, a 2-week absence would mean missing maybe 3-5 games. Now, with only one game per week, it could mean missing just one or two games.

The most serious injury we have at the moment to someone who could return this season is Barnes, who is out for 6 weeks. He could be back around mid-April. If you take the Man City game as a free hit, in terms of winnable league games, he could miss a grand total of.... two more! It's just Sheff Utd on Sunday, which you would hope we could deal with fine without him, and West Ham on 10th April. He could conceivably play some part in the WBA game on the 17th, and that's another we should be aiming to take 3 points from, even without a fully-fit first XI. Following that game is Palace, Soton and Newcastle, which are three more that we should be favourites for.

As bad as injuries are currently, the games being twice as spread out now goes a long way to clearing them up, and also resting the players we have been over-using. I really think one game per week is a game-changer.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I've just been having a look at the fixture list, and I don't think it can be overstated how much the easing up of the schedule will help us. It's like injuries will heal in half the time! Before, a 2-week absence would mean missing maybe 3-5 games. Now, with only one game per week, it could mean missing just one or two games.

The most serious injury we have at the moment to someone who could return this season is Barnes, who is out for 6 weeks. He could be back around mid-April. If you take the Man City game as a free hit, in terms of winnable league games, he could miss a grand total of.... two more! It's just Sheff Utd on Sunday, which you would hope we could deal with fine without him, and West Ham on 10th April. He could conceivably play some part in the WBA game on the 17th, and that's another we should be aiming to take 3 points from, even without a fully-fit first XI. Following that game is Palace, Soton and Newcastle, which are three more that we should be favourites for.

As bad as injuries are currently, the games being twice as spread out now goes a long way to clearing them up, and also resting the players we have been over-using. I really think one game per week is a game-changer.

We live in hope!

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

To be fair I would count the Man City game as a free hit. If players are coming back from injuries, manage them in this game so that when we play West Ham they are close to 100% ready. More chance of 3 points there and the games after. No point going all out against Man City, only to lose by 1 goal and end up with more key injuries or reoccurences. Big run of games after Man City.

I'd play the U-15s for that one if they were eligible, and send the regulars to the spa for the day.

Was having a think this week - been an awful of blame placed at Rodgers about training being too intense and the departure of David Rennie. 

The same happened last season with Rennie; Chilwell and Maddison notably were rushed back. 

However it’s been a problem before at the end of seasons.

In 2016/17, it’s forgotten the injury issues we had in defence which saw Benalouane get a run of games - we played Man City in May with the following back four -Simpson, Benalouane, Fuchs and Chilwell. The subs bench included Kaputska and Wasyl. The CL games and World Tour caught up with us. 

In 2017/18, we faced Burnley in mid April for a game which decided the final European slot. We had a midfield pairing of Choudhury and Silva alongside Mahrez and Gray. Sub options of Albrighton, a young Barnes and Diabate. Less explainable that one because we didn’t have a demanding fixture list 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No quiet relief that the players get some proper rest and time to train properly? 

Just staying l would to be involved, still in Europe it was a mouth watering game, how do you you think we will get on next season in the champion league two games a week? why bother at all lets stick to playing premier league games.

3 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Just staying l would to be involved, still in Europe it was a mouth watering game, how do you you think we will get on next season in the champion league two games a week? why bother at all lets stick to playing premier league games.

Because, dear sir, next season will start earlier, and the idea is to have a deeper squad quality wise. Finishing top 4 makes buying those better players more possible. 

Of course, winning every game is what we all want. But these are human beings in a condensed season with lots of injury problems during a global pandemic, rather than a computer game, as some seem to think. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Because, dear sir, next season will start earlier, and the idea is to have a deeper squad quality wise. Finishing top 4 makes buying those better players more possible. 

Of course, winning every game is what we all want. But these are human beings in a condensed season with lots of injury problems during a global pandemic, rather than a computer game, as some seem to think. 

Whilst I understand what you’re saying and totally agree no doubt we will be hearing the same things about fatigue and injuries next season because we’re playing two games a week.

The comments I’ve seen about dropping out of Europe - whilst admittedly I’ve made similar myself you have to question why we try and get European football - that’s not anything I’m saying about us, it’s comments and attitude towards the Europa League within the football community.

Yes it gives us extra revenue but we can’t have our cake and eat it then moan about the belly ache.

As for the season starting earlier i’m not sure that’ll have much impact on the European schedule, I’m not sure but the European schedule doesn’t seem a lot different to a normal season, those issues will still be there.