Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

5 favourite and 5 least favourite English football teams as a neutral

Topic title is fairly self explanatory - not including Leicester or whoever else you support or local rivals such as Forest / Derby / Cov.

Here are mine:

Favourites

Ipswich Town

Southampton

Northampton Town

Norwich City

Macclesfield Town (RIP)

Least favourites

Portsmouth

Birmingham City

Dagenham + Redbridge

Burnley

Wolves

I honestly can't do this. Not favourites I mean. I could do non-English teams but I always end up hating pretty much all our competition at every level. 

I like it when Lincoln City win because it winds up my Boston supporting colleague but other than that eh. 

Least favourite: the rest of the Prem. 

• Like 2

I have a bit of time for Palace, Woy's a good lad. Would like Scotty Parker to succeed at Fulham but probably because I fancy his WW2 pilot looks. Outside the premier league, I keep an eye on Burton.

Least favourites;

1. Arsenal
  2. Arsenal
  3. Arsenal
  4. Arsenal
  5. Arsenal 

Don't dislike the club per se, but I find their fans are the most entitled and needlessly opinionated bell wipes out there, Arsenal Fan TV is the epitome of the bellishness. The fans preach about their early-2000s success like a new tome of the Bible, yet were so quick to jump on the 'Wenger Out!' bandwagon, only to concede shortly after that he was probably overperforming.

49 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Least favourite
Hashtag UTD

Stupid name for sure, but I quite like the lad Spencer running it. Seems like an honest passion project. I wish he documented the ins-and-outs a bit more on his YouTube.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Favourites:

Forest Green Rovers

Bloody hippy. 

Edited by ScrumpyJack

Loving reading through these - some really interesting lists here. Find it fascinating how you can have really strong feelings about clubs based on little to no logic. I love seeing Dagenham + Redbridge fail and have never ever watched them play, met a fan of theirs, or even been to Dagenham.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Loving reading through these - some really interesting lists here. Find it fascinating how you can have really strong feelings about clubs based on little to no logic. I love seeing Dagenham + Redbridge fail and have never ever watched them play, met a fan of theirs, or even been to Dagenham.

I despise Scunthorpe because they bust my coupon a few times in one season...... It's that kind of irrational hatred that the modern game is built!

• Haha 1

Favourites:

1. Norwich - Got family from there

2. Mansfield - one of the kids I coach is a Stags fan and him and his family are some of the nicest people I know so i've always looked out for their results

3. Fulham - I really liked their team in the early 2000's

4. Sheffield Wednesday - My brother-in-law's team

5. Cant think of a 5th

Least Favourite:

1. Tottenham - "Leicester are nobodies"

2. Man U - Glory supporting fans who would struggle to find Manchester on a map

3. Leeds - horrible fans

4. Milwall - see above

5. Watford - My Ex's team!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I like to see Grimsby and Hull doing well but I haven't got five I like.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

For me:

Grimsby - ever since I went there in 2002, when Izzet scored his bicycle kick. I was young, it was one of the first away's my Dad took me too that I can recall and I just had a great day!

Hull - one of my mates supports Hull and I always look to see how they've got on (I never really liked them until I met him).

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I honestly can't do this. Not favourites I mean. I could do non-English teams but I always end up hating pretty much all our competition at every level. 

I like it when Lincoln City win because it winds up my Boston supporting colleague but other than that eh. 

Least favourite: the rest of the Prem. 

Same here. Five favourites? Struggling to name one. Hang on, Leicester City.