Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Europa League Post match City win V Zorya

Anyway....

I thought it was interesting to see us work out that they weren’t comfortable defending on the transition last night. As soon we got them turned and ran at them they didn’t look like they could deal with it. 

In the first 20 minutes I think Fofana was a bit high and we were playing with the ball in front of them a bit too much which they were happy with because they could contain and then break. As soon as Fofana dropped back a bit and we invited them on it gave us more room to get a couple of quick passes off and space to run at them. 

It was a decent game I enjoyed watching it. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

It ended up being the nice distraction we needed. Harvey and Kelechi the standouts, but solid everywhere. The Kasper special straight to the opposition causing a nervy moment, was the only thing annoying on the night. Will he ever learn?

The Mendy turn around this season is something else . He is like a budget Kante covering a lot of ground. Impressed.

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What difference did lack of VAR make? There wasn't any controversy was there? 

The point was that when the goal was given we didn’t t have to check or wait for VAR to find something to disallow it 

ie Nacho S challenge with keeper for first goal and Maddison’s collision with defender for second 

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Some interesting comments from Rodgers post-match:

“It's nice for the players to feel that and like I say, we can be better,” he said. “We can have greater movement at the top of the field in order to create even more chances.

“But we were good in our tactical idea because we changed in the second half to play a diamond to sort of kill their threat once we're 2-0 up, but also still give us that real threat going forward.

“So, I thought the players managed that side of it really well.”

Interesting that he opted to change the system, but it has to be said we looked much better in the second half, so it worked. A lot of us speculated on starting with the diamond but it was the 4141 until the second half. 

Also you can find some extended highlights here if interested:
https://hofoot.koravidup.com/player/html/MtR5RvYkmK4gG?popup=yes&autoplay=1

...we were still the better team, but I felt the change took the impetus out of our game!!!

I felt we were about to hit our stride after the second goal and the change at half time seemed to make us more predictable.

Prob worth a thread on its own, but just how good is Emile as a pundit? 

The two or three times I've seen/heard him, he's calm and analytical and very very knowledgeable on City. He's our top man out there in the media. 

Loved the way that, even after a long career winning cups and playin in world cups, he recounted the Marsh's goal at atletico with great fondness

Back to punditry, In fairness, Crouchy had also done his homework on us and had at least the professionalism to watch a couple of our recent matches and make notes (staggering how few pundits must do that. It is their job, after all, and not exactly taxing work)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Prob worth a thread on its own, but just how good is Emile as a pundit? 

The two or three times I've seen/heard him, he's calm and analytical and very very knowledgeable on City. He's our top man out there in the media. 

Loved the way that, even after a long career winning cups and playin in world cups, he recounted the Marsh's goal at atletico with great fondness

Back to punditry, In fairness, Crouchy had also done his homework on us and had at least the professionalism to watch a couple of our recent matches and make notes (staggering how few pundits must do that. It is their job, after all, and not exactly taxing work)

To be fair to both of them, they both either had background knowledge of the club or had clearly done some research into it. As you said, genuinely shocking how few pundits seem to do any background reading into the club's they're commentating on/analysing. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

To be fair to both of them, they both either had background knowledge of the club or had clearly done some research into it. As you said, genuinely shocking how few pundits seem to do any background reading into the club's they're commentating on/analysing. 

Yeah it's amazing how many pundits still reference us being a counter attacking side! We haven't played like that since puel took over 4 years ago. 

• Like 1