Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Europa League Post match City win V Zorya

Bane's second goal was beautiful, I really enjoyed that, Iheanacho's little flick, they worked well together. 

It was a distant, blurry, "he's in the room, he's in the room' vision of life without Vardy.

To rule out a poor start in games, do the players concentrate so hard in the opening 20 minutes that they hear themselves playing football? 

It's like we need an equivalent of a safety car / pace maker on the pitch until the 20 minute mark has passed. 

Outstanding game for the starting 11, some really neat football at times. 

That's the fast intelligent game we crave, but it's an enigma to implement consistently.

I felt Maddison brought this pace to the game, he just looked focussed and read the game well. 

Praet wasn't at his best and wasn't at the standard he'd got to at the start of season, I'm sure he'll be bang on it for Sunday. 

Have we got a new set piece coach in?

I know it didn't work out, but that Fuchs / Choudhury throw in routine looks the biz, utterly original. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It struck me that there are some advantages to quality female refs, it kind of takes the edge off of some of the testosterone. Obviously, if she were rubbish it wouldn't really matter, but she was top class.

She would stand out in the PL if that is her level.

As would her nips on a cold Saturday afternoon in Newcastle! 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Was good to see him in a more attacking role in the 1st half, I'm still not hugely convinced he's the deep lying puppet master he thinks he is. Better with pockets of space 25-30 yards from goal, hurts teams and good at pressing himself.

For sure, you just need to compare himself and Youri to see they have different skill sets.

Tielemans always seems to have time on the ball and is great at distributing and cutting apart opposition midfields/defences with passes. He just orchestrates the movement of the ball.

Whereas Maddison seems able to just jinx past defenders, is able to pop up in those small pockets of space and play short and fast little passes. Whilst having that whip to curl in shots from 20/25 yards. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Two man of the matches for me today in Nacho and Barnes who terrorized them.

Special mention to the referee, she was brilliant! Made the game ebb and flow and very enjoyable to watch. Made our Premier League refs look like the idiots that they are.

Absolutely. No whistle blowing for niggly tackles, falling over etc. Cards to s minimum. Yes. Grrat display.

• Like 1

Some interesting comments from Rodgers post-match:

“It's nice for the players to feel that and like I say, we can be better,” he said. “We can have greater movement at the top of the field in order to create even more chances.

“But we were good in our tactical idea because we changed in the second half to play a diamond to sort of kill their threat once we're 2-0 up, but also still give us that real threat going forward.

“So, I thought the players managed that side of it really well.”

Interesting that he opted to change the system, but it has to be said we looked much better in the second half, so it worked. A lot of us speculated on starting with the diamond but it was the 4141 until the second half. 

Also you can find some extended highlights here if interested:
https://hofoot.koravidup.com/player/html/MtR5RvYkmK4gG?popup=yes&autoplay=1

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Two man of the matches for me today in Nacho and Barnes who terrorized them.

Special mention to the referee, she was brilliant! Made the game ebb and flow and very enjoyable to watch. Made our Premier League refs look like the idiots that they are.

Spot on. A good ref should be mostly like background noise. There but barely noticed. Too many of ours end up being centre stage and I’m sure that some see themselves as sports personalities in their own right. Bad reffing actually contributes to poor discipline as it creates frustration in the players. Too often now the post match focus is on the ref and VAR rather than on the game itself.

• Like 2

A good win against a side that started well but got worse as the game went on. 

Nacho did some lovely hold up play and knock ons and linked well with Barnes, who looked our most dangerous player. 

Little Wes looks fantastic but will get a much tougher test on Sunday, as will the whole team, but love him already. 

Don't get all the ref talk, she was OK, nothing more, imo. 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’m not the only one who heard “I’m forever blowing bubbles” on the crowd noise lolDefinitely also heard “oh Burnley is wonderful” lol

I thought I heard, East London, is wonderful 😄

Maybe we should chant, East Midlands instead 😃

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Spot on. A good ref should be mostly like background noise. There but barely noticed. Too many of ours end up being centre stage and I’m sure that some see themselves as sports personalities in their own right. Bad reffing actually contributes to poor discipline as it creates frustration in the players. Too often now the post match focus is on the ref and VAR rather than on the game itself.

My favourite bit was the crunching Hamza challenge she let slide (no chance in a normal Euro game) and then about 30 seconds later the lad he tackled got his own back in similar fashion and she let that go too, felt like a right old school game at that point! lol 

12 hours ago, Manini said:

Light work in the end. 

Wesley Fofana and Harvey Barnes can both shag my Mrs as many times as they like and when they’re done I’ll tuck them in and ask them if they want a brew. 

Disgusting post....everyone knows we mash tea in Leicester, not brew it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’m not the only one who heard “I’m forever blowing bubbles” on the crowd noise lolDefinitely also heard “oh Burnley is wonderful” lol

I've had a bit of a suspicion since crowd noise came in that BT / Sky have borrowed from EA somewhat in a lot of their stock crowd noise. I'm not sure if that's actually been confirmed anywhere and I'm just being an idiot. I mean it would make sense. 

I've not played the last two FIFAs but prior to that I know it was very common to hear forever blowing bubbles in generic English crowds on the game. 

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, Manini said:

I lived in Leicester for 18 years and never once did anyone ever ask me if I fancied a “mash”. 

Back in the day it was a mash .

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Back in the day it was a mash .

You’re having me on I’m certain. 

I agree with the reference of mashing tea, leaving it to sit for a bit, my grandma was Irish and she used to say that too but I’ve never heard anyone refer to a cup of tea as a mash. 

Edited by Manini

Guest Markyblue
Just now, Manini said:

You’re having me on I’m certain 

Probably dependent on which area of city you lived. Mash or brew it's all good. 😁