Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Europa League Post match City win V Zorya

20 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

How was Cengiz tonight? 

Had one insanely good touch but drifted other than that. Tried a free kick that was clearly too far out.

Still maintain this lad has about 3 months of bedding in. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Yea great win but the opponents were on Par with Blackpool.

Do not get carried away with that scoreline.

Positives barnes looked like C Ronaldo.

Fringe players got minutes.

Hopefully builds confidence for arsenal 

They are not a European giant but comparing them to Blackpool is ridiculous. They just drew to a team who just won at the Bernabeu. We will have bigger tests but they are no mugs and despite a shaky start, we controlled the game really well and put in a very solid performance 

• Like 2

Just now, KFS said:

Had one insanely good touch but drifted other than that. Tried a free kick that was clearly too far out.

Still maintain this lad has about 3 months of bedding in. 

I agree with that statement. Tonight when he was on you could see he often times was standing in the wrong place and not quite on the same wavelength as the rest of his team. I also think he was a bit guilty of trying too hard, which is more than understandable. The player who was almost identical to that in his early days in the first team was Harvey Barnes.

I think he will come good in the end. Not sure he will be a true Mahrez replacement but I think that barring injury that we will probably buy him next summer outright.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t think any of it is patronising, she has a great game and far better than what we are used to in the Premier League.

It’s quite sad that you chose to see it that way.

Yeah but if the ref was some balding portly Frenchman, he wouldn't be getting lavish or even faint praise. 

People are a bit like that with the Paralympics. Go over board on how good it is pretending the gold is as good as Jess Ennis's when It's actually a rubbish spectacle

For the record, I thought the ref was typically European - - decent but mildly eccentric 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

No only mentioned because she’s was very good and let the game flow nothing  to do with sexism 

That suggests people don't praise male refs when they have a good game (especially in this age of some horrific ref performances). Which people do. So you're the one weirdly focusing on gender.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with that statement. Tonight when he was on you could see he often times was standing in the wrong place and not quite on the same wavelength as the rest of his team. I also think he was a bit guilty of trying too hard, which is more than understandable. The player who was almost identical to that in his early days in the first team was Harvey Barnes.

I think he will come good in the end. Not sure he will be a true Mahrez replacement but I think that barring injury that we will probably buy him next summer outright.

Absolutely. Players aren't robots they're individuals. Despite his time at Roma, like Soyuncu, he's from an entirely different cultural background and may perhaps find it a little harder than some to settle in. We also don't quite know how good his English is and it may take some time for him to fully understand what's expected from him. I think it will pay dividends to be very patient with him.

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah but if the ref was some balding portly Frenchman, he wouldn't be getting lavish or even faint praise. 

People are a bit like that with the Paralympics. Go over board on how good it is pretending the gold is as good as Jess Ennis's when It's actually a rubbish spectacle

For the record, I thought the ref was typically European - - decent but mildly eccentric 

As a relative feat the gold is, in fact, as good as if not better than Jess Ennis'

Odd comment. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

That suggests people don't praise male refs when they have a good game (especially in this age of some horrific ref performances). Which people do. So you're the one weirdly focusing on gender.  

Wtf are you on about I’m the only one focusing  on gender . I’m was replying pointing out  people were  saying   the ref was very good not because she was female but because she was  good 

• Like 1