Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Europa League Post match City win V Zorya

26 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Wtf are you on about I’m the only one focusing  on gender . I’m was replying pointing out  people were  saying   the ref was very good not because she was female but because she was  good 

Sorry boss, I linked the wrong post. My bad. 

• Haha 1

Guest seanfox778
33 minutes ago, Phube said:

Is there a terrestrial Europa Highlights programme? 
Or at least not on a subscription service?

I'm not sure about a TV programme but you can watch the official highlights of individual games on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Have a feeling that'll be the easiest game of the group so good to get a comfortable win, but I'm not buying the hype as much as others. 

I don't see any hype, people are realistic about the standard of the opposition, not great but better than Blackpool, they're surely just happy that we've won our first game in the Europa.

I've got a smirk on.

28 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I don't see any hype, people are realistic about the standard of the opposition, not great but better than Blackpool, they're surely just happy that we've won our first game in the Europa.

I've got a smirk on.

Do City ever get any credit this side recently drew with a side who won away at real Madrid  so reference to Blackpool  is   ridiculous

48 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Do City ever get any credit this side recently drew with a side who won away at real Madrid  so reference to Blackpool  is   ridiculous

Leicester could win the league, win the Europa league and get the golden boot and people will still complain.

I remember the pundits saying Chelsea won us the league and we only won because other teams played poor. Can't seem to please some people. 🙄

...did we make a mistake in pushing Barnes up front with Nacho as opposed to the position he originally started!!!

He had a very good game but did we take the quess work out of his movements by making him easier to pick up as opposed to the less obvious options he was taking. He was not as effective in the second half and was in his element prior to the end of the half.

Perhaps Rodgers wanted to try different options and was looking to the next game, but I can't help but feel he lost something in the change of tactics.

6 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

Not often I notice how good a game the ref is having

It struck me that there are some advantages to quality female refs, it kind of takes the edge off of some of the testosterone. Obviously, if she were rubbish it wouldn't really matter, but she was top class.

She would stand out in the PL if that is her level.

• Like 2

Best female ref on the planet? it kinda makes sense because she gets very good reviews.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49352647

Stephanie Frappart became the first female referee to officiate a major men's European match when she took charge of Wednesday's Uefa Super Cup.

History-making aside, the French official had to deal with VAR reviews, penalty decisions and back chat from players - so all in all just a normal night in the life of any referee.

Along with her all-female team of assistant referees, Manuela Nicolosi of Italy and Michelle O'Neill from the Republic of Ireland, Frappart received praise from pundits and fans for her measured performance as Liverpool beat Chelsea in a penalty shootout.

"I think she's had a great game - she's been brilliant in what's been a difficult game," former England and Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole told BT Sport.

"She's been excellent and let the game flow and got most of the big decisions right. She's handled it fantastically well."

Great to see Madders back and looking sharper with every passing minute. He makes such an impact on our game when he finds those pockets of space. Brings out the best in all around him. Obviously, the quality of the opposition is a factor, but no surprise that Nacho and Barnes had good games, too. Let’s hope he stays fit for a while now. 

38 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Great to see Madders back and looking sharper with every passing minute. He makes such an impact on our game when he finds those pockets of space. Brings out the best in all around him. Obviously, the quality of the opposition is a factor, but no surprise that Nacho and Barnes had good games, too. Let’s hope he stays fit for a while now. 

Was good to see him in a more attacking role in the 1st half, I'm still not hugely convinced he's the deep lying puppet master he thinks he is. Better with pockets of space 25-30 yards from goal, hurts teams and good at pressing himself.

• Like 2

Couldn't ask for much more really. Clean sheet, three goals and three points. They weren't the best side we'll play this season but were not as bad as some on here are making out, If they had scored first it could have been a different story and I suspect we'll face a much harder challenge in Ukraine.