Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Liam Moore

Those saying he was never Premier league quality seem to forget he was only 20-21 during that season & there aren't many 20-21yr olds holding down a CB starting spot then or now, add to that its our 1st season back & we start to struggle & you lean towards the older heads of Morgan, Huth, Was & Upson.
I've re-watched 'that' Man U game 3 times in the past 2mths, sky always showing it, & he didn't do much wrong in that game, was hard in the tackle, progressed out with the ball well, had a decent turn of pace on him, overall a decent showing considering he was up against RVP, Falcao & Rooney

I met him in Reading several years later he said he was a Leicester fan & certainly came across as such & a very nice lad ta'boot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Messi said:

Is he? 

He was in the year below me at school and from memory I swear he was always a Man United fan. 

Same. Certainly was in the early years. 

Guessing his family didn't have a strong affiliation to a team and he did what a lot of young lads do when that's the case and chose the glory team. 

Maybe changed allegiances the longer he played in the academy.

Might be a half decent back up for a long Championship slog but he never looked happy at Reading, strikes me as one of those players who had their dreams made at their home town club and never wanted to play anywhere else.

I think Richard Smith was the same when he left here mid-90s. I remember he did an interview about dropping down a division and playing at Grimsby or some other shithole and said "however good it was it just wasn't Leicester".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 14/07/2023 at 16:32, Nod.E said:

Same. Certainly was in the early years. 

Guessing his family didn't have a strong affiliation to a team and he did what a lot of young lads do when that's the case and chose the glory team. 

Maybe changed allegiances the longer he played in the academy.

Wait, how many Rawlins kids are on here? I guess we never got over them shutting down the student forums :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/07/2023 at 10:59, BKLFox said:

Those saying he was never Premier league quality seem to forget he was only 20-21 during that season & there aren't many 20-21yr olds holding down a CB starting spot then or now, add to that its our 1st season back & we start to struggle & you lean towards the older heads of Morgan, Huth, Was & Upson.
I've re-watched 'that' Man U game 3 times in the past 2mths, sky always showing it, & he didn't do much wrong in that game, was hard in the tackle, progressed out with the ball well, had a decent turn of pace on him, overall a decent showing considering he was up against RVP, Falcao & Rooney

I met him in Reading several years later he said he was a Leicester fan & certainly came across as such & a very nice lad ta'boot.

I’m not trying to be funny but  you are either prem quality or  not. You can’t just add 20 points to someone’s skill level just because they are young. And he didn’t hold down the place for all the season did he?

His career since leaving us should also explain if he was prem quality or not..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m not trying to be funny but  you are either prem quality or  not. You can’t just add 20 points to someone’s skill level just because they are young. And he didn’t hold down the place for all the season did he?

His career since leaving us should also explain if he was prem quality or not..

Totally agree. He was below average and still is. Would hope we are after better back up then a Player who should be playing lower league football. 

Our fans make me laugh they are glad to get rid of Amartey who is a far better player then Liam Moore and neither are good enough for us

Edited by Lesterlad
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Totally agree. He was below average and still is. Would hope we are after better back up then a Player who should be playing lower league football. 

Our fans make me laugh they are glad to get rid of Amartey who is a far better player then Liam Moore and neither are good enough for us

yeah. I think some people confuse someone with being likable and being skillful..

• Like 1

Am a bit surprised that the club hasn't offered Drinkwater the opportunity to get fit at the training ground, ready for wherever his next opportunity will be at, especially after struggling mentally since leaving the club.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Am a bit surprised that the club hasn't offered Drinkwater the opportunity to get fit at the training ground, ready for wherever his next opportunity will be at, especially after struggling mentally since leaving the club.

Maybe he has a bad rep.... and the club wish to swerve

On 21/07/2023 at 18:49, OntarioFox said:

Wait, how many Rawlins kids are on here? I guess we never got over them shutting down the student forums :D

Anyone remember the Ting vs Shloer thread?

Did Liam go to Rawlins? Would've been in the year below me if so. I remember Billy Kee being in the year above. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Amin said:

Anyone remember the Ting vs Shloer thread?

Did Liam go to Rawlins? Would've been in the year below me if so. I remember Billy Kee being in the year above. 

Oh good lord, of all the things I expected to be brought up on FoxesTalk, that was the last thing I expected. Without giving my identity away I think we moved in far closer circles than either of us realise. :crylaugh:

Ting. The correct answer is Ting. Always has been. :ph34r:

Liam was in a couple of my classes, pretty sound guy, we weren't mates or anything but he had his head screwed on and was well-liked. I had no idea he was in the LCFC academy though - which led to an awkward square-up in PE when I tackled him from behind to deny him a hat-trick. Don't blame me for his injury record, please. :whistle:

I went absolutely mental when he scored against Wigan - he did his 5 celebrations in 1 right in front of us. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1