Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Liam Moore

On 24/10/2020 at 06:24, lgfualol said:

Thought he was about 24 still, has it really been so long he is now 27? Dont see this happening.

A lot of Centre Backs don't mature into the position till their late twenties.

I think he might be looking at who's ahead of him & realizing that on a healthy team he wouldn't play very much. I don't see it happening either for that reason.

On 30/10/2020 at 16:37, BenTheFox said:

I felt Moore had something when he was with us, but for whatever reason it just fizzled out for him. I wish him well whatever happens, he seems like a good lad. 

I would hedge a bet that a lot of these types of players are bought through an academy that's run in a way that's very outdated and I know @Ric Flair is a big fan of overhauling our academy. 

We need additional signings both nationally and internationally (sticking my neck out there). It will cost a bit in the beginning but with the training centre + facilities and also the extra first team exposure that they'll get that not all would have been given before, it will all benefit the club, fans and players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I would hedge a bet that a lot of these types of players are bought through an academy that's run in a way that's very outdated and I know @Ric Flair is a big fan of overhauling our academy. 

We need additional signings both nationally and internationally (sticking my neck out there). It will cost a bit in the beginning but with the training centre + facilities and also the extra first team exposure that they'll get that not all would have been given before, it will all benefit the club, fans and players.

No matter how good your academy is, it will always produce more players who don't make it at the top level than those who do.

• 2 years later...

Mentioned in Rob Tanners article about yesterdays match:

Maresca’s broom has already swept through Seagrave and the new era has begun, but there was also a reminder of the last time Leicester were in the Championship and the happier days after their promotion as academy graduate Liam Moore was watching his old team and, in Vardy, his old team-mate.

Moore, now aged 30, is without a club at the moment and has been invited to train with the under-23s to keep him in shape for when his next opportunity comes.

• Like 3

Did so well with Wes. He probably would have had a better career if we didn't get promotion that soon under Pearson. I think if we'd hovered around the top of the Championship for a few years, one of those links to the Premier League clubs might have come true. Was much too quick for him when we went up and he never got a chance again.

Must have been a sore one for him sitting out and watching the whole title win too

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Did so well with Wes. He probably would have had a better career if we didn't get promotion that soon under Pearson. I think if we'd hovered around the top of the Championship for a few years, one of those links to the Premier League clubs might have come true. Was much too quick for him when we went up and he never got a chance again.

Must have been a sore one for him sitting out and watching the whole title win too

He was on the concourse at Old Trafford in 2016

He’s a genuine fan unlike some of the others

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Good job he got injured during the 2013/2014, as Wasilewski came in and was superb. No doubt Moore was good for us in that season, but Marcin took us to the next level.

• Like 1

I liked him but ultimately he wasn't good enough for the Premeir League, even with us bottom.

Pretty sure I remember people on here saying Pearson used him a "scapegoat" when he was dropped.