Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Liam Moore

This is a funny link not sure we'd be after another CB either.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-leicester-lead-newcastle-wolves-reading-duo-liam-moore-omar-richards

Reading’s brilliant start to the new season has not gone unnoticed and a number of their players, such as captain Liam Moore, are attracting Premier League interest.

With the January window set to open in just 69 days, Premier League sides are starting to formulate their plans.

And TEAMtalk can reveal it is the Royals’ defenders who are garnering the most interest.

Captain Moore has been brilliant, helping them to five clean sheets from their six matches played. A number of top-flight clubs are now looking at bringing him back to the top-flight following his stint with Leicester City.

We understand that Leicester are considering a shock approach for their former star, who came through the youth system. Moore is now seen as one of the best defenders outside the top-flight and Brendan Rodgers is considering an approach.

Wolves, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Newcastle are all also keeping close tabs on Moore, 27.

Difficult to say if he's good enough, is this the only season with Reading where they've looked decent?

There are good players down there, you'd have to compare him to when we got Wes who had just got into the Champo Team of the Season with a terrible Forest squad and joining us at the age of 27.

Then you've got to get him up to speed with this level and competing against Evans, Caglar & Fofana for a place in the team. So I think it's quite unlikely really.

Happy for him though, looks like he's settled in and put some hard work in at Reading, 100+ appearances, respected Captain. Hopefully he'll be Premier League soon anyway

17 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Difficult to say if he's good enough, is this the only season with Reading where they've looked decent?

There are good players down there, you'd have to compare him to when we got Wes who had just got into the Champo Team of the Season with a terrible Forest squad and joining us at the age of 27.

Then you've got to get him up to speed with this level and competing against Evans, Caglar & Fofana for a place in the team. So I think it's quite unlikely really.

Happy for him though, looks like he's settled in and put some hard work in at Reading, 100+ appearances, respected Captain. Hopefully he'll be Premier League soon anyway

They reached the play off final when Huddersfield came up and by all accounts he was brilliant that season. (He might have missed a pen in the final but I could've imagined that)

I wouldn't want him back, mind.

Always though he was fantastic alongside Morgan when we won the championship in 2014, didn't quite make the step up in PL, was at fault for a lot of goals that saw us rock bottom. Probably a bit too much of a step up at such a young age, think he'd only had 1 full season as first choice CB.

Bringing Huth in in Jan 2015 basically saved us from relegation and what came next. As soon as Huth signed permanently his Leicester career was basically over.

Reading his interviews in the past he absolutly loves Leicester and was gutted he had to leave to progress. It's just a shame the club progressed quicker than he could. That was it really, would welcome him back but as it's already been said he would only be 4th choice at best really.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Fair play to him for making a career for himself. He has obviously had a great start to the season. 

I would put it down him probably wanting a new contract though. 

Im not having a go, but do you (or does anyone) actually believe players deliberately play better to get a better contract?

Always liked him. Had positional brainfarts at times, and learnt how quickly they get punished in the premier League, he was young and never really had a chance to grow and overcome them with us, and rightly so given we went on to win the league the following season. 

If he's up to it, I'd love to see another local guy in the squad. For those dismissing him, how old was Morgan when he first played in the premier league, he did alright.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yes please, what a story that would be! Local boy returns to his hometown club having made a name for himself elsewhere. Vardy, Kasper, Big Wes, Albrighton and Sicknote are all there to welcome him home while other local boys Harvey, Hamza and Thomas are here too. 

Gerrimin. 

whilst foreign parvenus (Cags , Fofana) and hired mercenaries (Jonny E) realise they were only keep his seat warm and wonder how badly this will impact their careers.

Pleased for him, always thought he was decent.

Has he improved enough to be first choice in a team challenging for European spots? I would be surprised, and I doubt he would move to not be first choice, but the pull of his home town club could be too great. Unfinished business and all that.

• Like 3