Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Covid Vaccine

Covid Vaccine  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have the vaccine if it was made available?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

11 minutes ago, Fktf said:

It seems even the mere (and incorrect) thought of this is enough to put some people off. No vaccine that causes deaths is ever going to released for mass use. What the hell do people think all the testing is for, if it isn't to find out a) is it safe, and b) does it work?

I don't disagree. It was more in response to some of the reactions I've seen to the person sadly dying in the trials of the vaccine, whilst those haven't realised he was on the placebo of the drug... 

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't disagree. It was more in response to some of the reactions I've seen to the person sadly dying in the trials of the vaccine, whilst those haven't realised he was on the placebo of the drug... 

Another issue will be if a person dies a few weeks or even a month after having a vaccination, even if there is no medical link at all, the tabloids will be all over it. 

• Like 1

I'd take it.  I've had the flu jab every year for more than ten years now.  In that time I've had one bout of flu so that's a good protection level so far as I'm concerned.  I've also had very few colds - one in February this year, the last one before that was three years ago.  So I'm pretty happy with the effectiveness of vaccines.  And if I can't catch Covid-19 I can't pass it on to anyone else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Innocent question that I cannot be arsed to Google because it will throw up a lot of bollocks - have vaccinations ever actually caused any real problems?

There has been cases of families successfully suing for brain damage caused, by immunisations. I believe there is also an ongoing case of a group suing a pharmaceutical company as around 1 in 16 in the trail have suffered brain trauma as well. I've not read into it enough to know how solid the case is.

Personally even before I'd seen the articles I Personally won't be taking one any time soon. Side effects could take years to come out, I know we have a lot more information nowdays, but I'd want to see years of study on something not a few months, be interesting to see what happens on roll out.

Are we gonna be forced to have it if we want to be able to go about a normal life, would those who made an active choice not to, not be allowed to carry on an everyday life. 

There's been mentions of having a immunity passport in terms of applying for jobs etc. What this country doesn't need is more division.

Really does still feel like we are living a bad dream or some movie script.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Whoever makes it is irrelevant imo. I just feel there's a hidden agenda in all this. 

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you :ph34r:

Guest Markyblue
3 hours ago, Fktf said:

It seems even the mere (and incorrect) thought of this is enough to put some people off. No vaccine that causes deaths is ever going to released for mass use. What the hell do people think all the testing is for, if it isn't to find out a) is it safe, and b) does it work?

Whats common sense got to do with anything when we can pretend we will all turn radioactive or some such horseshit.

Always hilarious and infuriating in equal measure, to see some of the people that are desperate to carry on as normal through this, then say they will refuse to take part in the only solution* that will get us back to some degree of normality. Like parodies of themselves.

*We've never achieved herd immunity to any virus without a vaccine.

Why would anyone assume the efficacy of this vaccine should be any weaker than any other vaccine….?  There is very little reason to be believe that this vaccine should be more or less dangerous than any other

I predict a lot of Facebook nonsense in relation to this…. Similar to MMR (what a embarrassing clusterf@ck that was)

The sooner the majority get on board the sooner this whole thing is over 

I think placing our trust in the people who’ve worked so hard to get this done is not an unreasonable thing to do…

I will go and vaccinate without hesitation 

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Why would anyone assume the efficacy of this vaccine should be any weaker than any other vaccine….?  There is very little reason to be believe that this vaccine should be more or less dangerous than any other

I predict a lot of Facebook nonsense in relation to this…. Similar to MMR (what a embarrassing clusterf@ck that was)

The sooner the majority get on board the sooner this whole thing is over 

I think placing our trust in the people who’ve worked so hard to get this done is not an unreasonable thing to do…

I will go and vaccinate without hesitation 

You don’t think this might have a bit of extra urgency given the economic devastation caused by the virus? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Another issue will be if a person dies a few weeks or even a month after having a vaccination, even if there is no medical link at all, the tabloids will be all over it. 

Absolutely.

There will inevitably may be side effects with some and the press will be on it like flies around shit, conveniently ignoring that even the likes of paracetamol or ibuprofen have side effects ffs.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Absolutely.

There will inevitably may be side effects with some and the press will be on it like flies around shit, conveniently ignoring that even the likes of paracetamol or ibuprofen have sode effects ffs.

The press will be a big issue, I don't think we can underestimate the role they'll play in how we come out of this.