Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

5 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Would have been interpreted in a totally different way if Salah had scored either his penalty or the easy 6 yard headed rebound early on in the game. One decent game in about 3 seasons doesn't mean he's good enough. Any idiot can see Castagne is a better player. Rodgers wouldn't have signed Bertrand if we thought Thomas was good enough. It's a shame cos he's a Leicester lad and we all want him to be elite, but he's not. 

I disagree...In Thomas we have a top player🌟 who is totally OTT analysed on small mistakes & then not compared with his games good work...

We have a forum,that loves nothing more than picking on individual players.

If star players are not getting their act together ,and allow opposition free movement,then you cant be too heavy on the young talent...

& Signing Bertrand shows no disrespect to Thomas...we needed Cover in all positions...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

To pick Luke Thomas ahead of Castagne can only be down to Rodgers wanting to lose games and get sacked. You’d struggle to find two players so far apart in quality as the dependable, international player Castagne and the totally out of his depth kid, Luke Thomas

The "totally out of his depth kid" performed well enough for half-a-season when he was called upon to swim in the deep end at the tender age of nineteen. He was picked for the Cup Final, was he not? 

Then Rodgers dropped him in favour of Justin - who's a shadow of the player he was pre-injury.

Rodgers has the cunning knack of knocking players' confidence in themselves. And if they're confidence is strong, like Castagne, then he'll find another way to f**k them up.

No point in extolling or criticising individuals when it's fairly clear from numerous threads on those individuals, that Rodgers general incompetence and obtuse insistence on getting his tactics/substitutions wrong is the black cloud pissing down on the squad.

Castagne should have been made Captain a long time since. He has the balls to tell it like it is. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I disagree...In Thomas we have a top player🌟 who is totally OTT analysed on small mistakes & then not compared with his games good work...

If star players are not getting their act together ,and allow opposition free movement,then you cant be too heavy on the young talent...

& Signing Bertrand shows no disrespect to Thomas...we needed Cover in all positions...

More than respect your opinion mate, let's agree to disagree 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

More than respect your opinion mate, let's agree to disagree 

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

6 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

More than respect your opinion mate, let's agree to disagree 👍

i think there’s a middle ground between both of you. Thomas isn’t a top player yet, but he has the potential to be but he needs a full season developing somewhere. 

if he’d spent last season at huddersfield or the like he may well have become our best lb right now (and forest might have stayed down :ph34r:) Instead he’s only had bit parts and hasn’t been able to develop properly imo. right not there is a huge gap between timmy and him and I don’t even rate timmy the way you lot do 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i think there’s a middle ground between both of you. Thomas isn’t a top player yet, but he has the potential to be but he needs a full season developing somewhere. 

if he’d spent last season at huddersfield or the like he may well have become our best lb right now (and forest might have stayed down :ph34r:) Instead he’s only had bit parts and hasn’t been able to develop properly imo. right not there is a huge gap between timmy and him and I don’t even rate timmy the way you lot do 

Just shows get 100,000 in any stadium

You will get various 100,000 points of opinion &  perspectives...Plus another outside visiting media-punditry/experts.

Though I will say a million times,the forum or many posters do really go OTT,with their Analyse..It's really not worth dissecting every error.They happen anyway...look more at the individual good moments & small tricks, & enjoy those moments...

errors/mistakes are part of life...

Leicester & individuals have produced really good moments/performance,but

Failed in their 75+ minutes mental discipline & concentration..

plus game-mamagement..& we love our

Catastrophical moment every 2nd game...

• Like 1

On 14/09/2022 at 22:01, BKLFox said:

The issue is trying to get Ndidi, Youri, Madders, KDH and Barnes all in before you even talk about lone striker or 2.

We need to go back to basics, to get 3 of those central midfield we need to go with a back 3 and wingbacks but obviously lose Barnes and probably KDH just because of the skill set of the other 3

Or we go with a back 4 but then have a dedicated wide right as per Sharky hell even try Praet as long as he stays right not floating inside, obviously then you have to lose creativity from the middle keeping Barnes but losing 2 of those other 4

As I say style out the window we need to shore things up with a solid shape and then every player needs to graft hard that’s a player requirement not a managers 1.

....it seems a very common puzzle that keeps being posed and is easily resolved by the "Diamond" and Barnes playing in a two upfront!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Anyone who thinks Thomas is anywhere near Castagnes level is either a relative or Brendan Rodgers. Justin I’d no where near either, probably a bit better than Thomas , who is bang average and will almost certainly be a championship player in 3 years. Hopefully not with us

I don't think either of them are that bad. But Castagne is clearly better. We have a very good squad. Any manager who can't get the squad we currently have into the top half of the table is a fraudulent ****.

• Like 1

If there was a game where you need experienced international full backs like Castagne this is it. Kane has a particularly good record against Leicester and with Son and Richarlison up there as well going to be a difficult game to say the least. Thomas is a good player to be fair and it has not helped when he has been placed so high up the pitch and I think any full back might struggle with counter attacking sides like Spurs. I hope Leicester go back to basics and Vardy Barnes or Daka get one on the break or maybe a wonder goal from Madders to remind everyone what the England squad is missing.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 05:43, gerblod said:

The "totally out of his depth kid" performed well enough for half-a-season when he was called upon to swim in the deep end at the tender age of nineteen. He was picked for the Cup Final, was he not? 

Then Rodgers dropped him in favour of Justin - who's a shadow of the player he was pre-injury.

Rodgers has the cunning knack of knocking players' confidence in themselves. And if they're confidence is strong, like Castagne, then he'll find another way to f**k them up.

No point in extolling or criticising individuals when it's fairly clear from numerous threads on those individuals, that Rodgers general incompetence and obtuse insistence on getting his tactics/substitutions wrong is the black cloud pissing down on the squad.

Castagne should have been made Captain a long time since. He has the balls to tell it like it is. 

He didn’t perform well in that season. I’m not blaming the kid, he needs a loan move to a lower club to see if he can make it. Should be nowhere near our first team. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

He didn’t perform well in that season. I’m not blaming the kid, he needs a loan move to a lower club to see if he can make it. Should be nowhere near our first team. 

Join the 'season in a Championship' club, and chunter to each other about how lacking the kid is. I can't be arsed to argue with you. "Nowhere near the first team" - utter bollox.

On 17/09/2022 at 01:51, trabuch said:

I don't think either of them are that bad. But Castagne is clearly better. We have a very good squad. Any manager who can't get the squad we currently have into the top half of the table is a fraudulent ****.

This is now for me the major point..

If Rodgers was to stay...We were never a full complete squad,but great tendency...but Rodgers non-the-less should...quit this bombastic team play that isn't working, & ping around the simple basics that occasionally made & seen us competing in the top 3-6..

We did move the ball quicker....

The Soyuncu- Evans collapse besides injuries is quite mystery.

We waste Soyuncus potential,Madison's simple smooth class,Tielemans quiet steady movement,Vardys last potent years,

Barnes skillfull driving forward momentum...

is/will be criminal...!

Brendan..nice try to push a system,but it's broke or defunk...Get the players back to their known strengths....

Spurs was the last chance.

What 'Son' did..that should of been one of any 3-4 of our front players success.

Take away their ties & promises,to a flawed system..let them loose & use their natural skills...Then just tweek slowly & simply...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 06:43, gerblod said:

Excellent points...Rodgers has tweeked & intervened too much,on many player.

In a steady team Thomas would of flourished...then Justin & Castagna could of returned more slowly

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...