Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

Castagne has been out of form for a while, but we have no alternative.

Ricardo and Justin will have had 2 big injuries in 2 years and if they don't return at the top level then RB, despite having 3 good options on paper is our weakest outfield position on this seasons form, now Kristensen & Souttar has been brought in.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a big fan of this guy but he has really fallen off a cliff. With Ricardo and JJ being completely broken, and Castagne being average and unreliable, fullback is another position that needs attention. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He must be knackered, the only 'rest' he ever gets is from head trauma ffs. Gillingham's the only game he's not played in post restart iirc

Really?

It’s hardly as though we have been playing 2 games per week consistently, so no excuse for his poor performances.

Edited by Ian S

On 12/02/2023 at 08:22, Bptiger said:

Poor old Timmy has really fallen from grace , he has been poor all season , maybe he not a happy chat , but just looks like he’s not interested , I want the old Tim back or it’s time to move him on 

I see absolutely no evidence whatsoever that he is not interested

• Like 1

The thing with timmy is he has enough of a profile for us to get more than he’s worth. I’d be very happy with 15m tbh but I don’t think it would be unrealistic to get 20.

When you compare that to the sort of fee we paid for jj or kristiansen you can see we’d easily replace him 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

The thing with timmy is he has enough of a profile for us to get more than he’s worth. I’d be very happy with 15m tbh but I don’t think it would be unrealistic to get 20.

When you compare that to the sort of fee we paid for jj or kristiansen you can see we’d easily replace him 

More or less a starter for Belgium. Had some good games in front of the cameras and has had premier league exposure… should be getting more than £20m I’d have thought; especially if the rumoured £40m bid rejected from atletico is true

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not at his best but I think saying he's fallen off a cliff is harsh. 

I think if you compare it relative to how he was when he joined then 'fallen off a cliff' is fair. He was one of the best full backs in the league in his first season, now he's a lower table player. 'Fallen off a cliff' leads people to think it's implying someone is useless, which he's obviously not, but it's more the difference in quality between what he was and what he is now, which is a large margin.

With our situation this season….Thank good We have him…

Wont argue his form,does go up & down.

but still one of our best players, and to me automatic first choice..

Too much analysing and deep error synopsis,is worse than Corona…

Too many posters themselves,forget the game, and fall off the cliff..

Generally the “team” as been below average this season,but I have enjoyed

Castagnas all round game,better so far than Barnes, & attacking outlet,or holding

his side of the defence.. like all FBs, they will have got roasted, and again in football, I go on what I see generally, and not breaking down every stat.. spoils watching football..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Would rather play big Dan at RB to be honest.

Why? Dan gets a nosebleed going beyond the halfway line, or would you rather a sitting RB?

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I think he is better than Timmy is currently, that’s all.

Fair enough. Think Castagne is getting compared to peak Ricardo of late, which is quite unreasonable, but did not see the Dan comparison coming I admit!  :thumbup: