Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

36 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Interesting so why has he not played him, and if he is the type of player he wants why has he not played him, I think people reading into his comments have a fair point based on the fact Castagne hasnt started, out of interest what's your take on him not playing?

Ok my take is due to the lopsided set up of not having a RW / wide right midfielder who ever plays RB has to cover virtually that whole right side, he may think after a couple of games that Justin is more robust in trying to manage that side on his own?

He had to try something after the 1st few poor starts and now after Brighton I fully expect a completely different approach for Spurs as that right side was left gaping still.

In order to get balance I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else is dropped from midfield to have a 2 man midfield so that’s 2 of Madders, Youri, Ndidi, & KDH along with Soumare dropped also that’s if we stick with a 4 back

but I’m thinking we will go with a back 3 and wing backs but still means dropping 1 of Madders, Youri or KDH but needs must, it’s not about pretty now it’s about getting points and if it means a creative player is dropped to make a more secure base then we have to do it.

If we go back 3 then Timmy back in

Edited by BKLFox

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Ok my take is due to the lopsided set up of not having a RW / wide right midfielder who ever plays RB has to cover virtually that whole right side, he may think after a couple of games that Justin is more robust in trying to manage that side on his own?

He had to try something after the 1st few poor starts and now after Brighton I fully expect a completely different approach for Spurs as that right side was left gaping still.

In order to get balance I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else is dropped from midfield to have a 2 man midfield so that’s 2 of Madders, Youri, Ndidi, & KDH along with Soumare dropped also that’s if we stick with a 4 back

but I’m thinking we will go with a back 3 and wing backs but still means dropping 1 of Madders, Youri or KDH but needs must, it’s not about pretty now it’s about getting points and if it means a creative player is dropped to make a more secure base then we have to do it.

If we go back 3 then Timmy back in

Justin has been anything but robust on the (admittedly exposed) right. He had a nightmare against Man U and it was arguably worse for him against Brighton. 

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Justin has been anything but robust on the (admittedly exposed) right. He had a nightmare against Man U and it was arguably worse for him against Brighton. 

It all points towards the lack of forward protection on the right, we could have prime Cafu but even he’d struggle with the lopsided set up.

He tried Timmy on his own and now Justin and I hope he realises it’s not the man but formation which I do think he will after that Brighton shambles and hence why I think we will see a big name in midfield dropped to create balance in the Spurs game.

57 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Makes you wonder how BR will get on with the Set piece Coach and his take on things 

As he's failed over a long period of time, if he's bright, he'll keep his gob shut and let them get on with it. 

On the other hand, if they start doing well, surely someone has got to ask the question why they're paying 10m to this chump and his coaching staff! 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

“Why Brendan Rodgers insists there will be ‘no excuses’ from his Leicester City players.

City are planning to move into their new £100m base at Seagrave in the very near future and the manager has told his squad it should give them the perfect environment in which to improve“

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-insists-no-excuses-4811841.amp

Weve been shit ever since that training ground opened.

• Like 2

I am really shocked at this as Castagne has always seemed to be really professional and one of the last players you would expect to be accused of not training to the required levels. 

How much longer is this going to be allowed to continue, Rodgers behaviour is becoming more and more infuriating every day. 

With the exception of the tea lady I am not sure he has anyone else left to alienate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am really shocked at this as Castagne has always seemed to be really professional and one of the last players you would expect to be accused of not training to the required levels. 

How much longer is this going to be allowed to continue, Rodgers behaviour is becoming more and more infuriating every day. 

With the exception of the tea lady I am not sure he has anyone else left to alienate. 

I think people are reading too much into the “by training well” comment. He’s not come out and said he’s trained badly, like he has done with Soyuncu?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Him being dropped implies that he's not training well. 

I think he’s putting some of the blame on him for how poor the defence has started the season.

He should of defended better for Sterling’s goal but if Rodgers is telling the full backs to push high up the field, they’re going to get caught out of position. 

41 minutes ago, turlo said:

a good rumour to start the day 

He is a fairly honest guy and this comes across post match in his interviews so I could imagine him maybe doing this? There was also a post on here somewhere saying Timmy, Dennis and Cags were smirking at Rodgers on the bench plus let's not forget he is good mates with Dennis and that situation with Brendan is odd to say the least....

Yes it's a rumour but there is no smoke without fire as they say.  Timmy and Dennis have both spoken against him in the past even if it was not badly I can't imagine Brendan would like that. I don't buy the not training well. Timmy always comes across as professional and tries his hardest in games. There is no way he should be dropped for Thomas. If he isn't training well and the same has been said for Cags and presumably Dennis and a few others that never leave the bench then what does that say about the management?

They don't want to play for him?

They have lost faith in him?

They don't respect him?

They have "downed tools"?

Whatever the reason its not great for Brendan

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hales said:

On twitter so take it as you will but there are a few of these stories coming out now......

No smoke without fire? 🤔

I'm team Timmy! 😁

Screenshot_20220914-090138_Twitter.jpg

No way this happened, nobody would ever say something occurred for four minutes. 

I’d be more likely to believe it if he said “about five” or “maybe three.”

Edited by The_77
Typo
  • Haha 2

Maybe there was a clock nearby ;)

Edit: nah, seriously, you need something better than that to suggest it didn't happen. Me? I take more of a 'whatever' approach. I'm sure there are often 'discussions' on the training ground but I wouldn't necessarily make too much of it.

Edited by taupe

To pick Luke Thomas ahead of Castagne can only be down to Rodgers wanting to lose games and get sacked. You’d struggle to find two players so far apart in quality as the dependable, international player Castagne and the totally out of his depth kid, Luke Thomas. 

• Like 3

Rodgers job is get the best and manage players. He is paid fortunes to achieve this but is failing terribly. 

Whatever the reasons, he has dropped Castagne and Cags, which seems ridiculous considering Ndidi is not a CB and Thomas is out of his depth.

Another reason to sack Rodgers.

• Like 1