Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

• 1 month later...

I probably don't rate him quite as highly as others on here do but I have known since he joined us he is one you will usually always get a 7/10 performance from him most games

Even if he doesn't do anything spectacular he would still usually have a relatively comfortable game 

However he does appear to be yet another player who Rodgers has managed to drain the confidence and quality out of

7 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He’s bang average. Not a patch on Ricardo. Another that needs selling and replacing. 

He has one great game in 10, or score a stunning goal every now and then and people love him, but the rest of the time he's average.

Am I the only person who thinks he’s really not as good as we first thought? 

I do like him generally but he gets caught out too often. Got done in behind several times today especially for the first goal. Granted it was a worldie but he just lets Misouma run off him without putting in any effort. 

I also don’t think he’s that good going forward. 

What’s the general feeling on this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

I do like him generally but he gets caught out too often. Got done in behind several times today especially for the first goal. Granted it was a worldie but he just lets Misouma run off him without putting in any effort. 

Yeah he's alright. Nothing special. Just not our biggest problem - maybe feels like we overpaid thinking back.

He is available, and usually is, Ricardo, as fabulous as he can be, is usually not available

Feck all point owning an Aston Martin if it’s always in the shop

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Agreed, I have thought for a long while now he’s bang average. Defend and attacks ok but nothing special. If we can sell him for a decent fee I would and look for a replacement. 

28 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Castagne got ripped apart by Mitoma today. The Brighton lad looked quality. Full of confidence against a fullback that’s not on the top of his game at the moment, like many of his teammates. 

A few fullbacks have been ripped by Mitoma this season. 

I feel a bit sorry for him (and Thomas) in our system. I’ve said it previously, our system puts the FB/WBs in a nightmare position every time the opposition attacks. For it to work, you need good CBs and a good CDM. Wingers who’ll get back and actually defend. We have none at the moment. It’s a thankless task for the FBs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iancognito said:

Now we have cover at LB, he'll be primarily a RB and then it's up to Pereira to get up to speed. Personally, if we can't get a RW in I'd have Ricky playing in front of Castagne on the right but that's weeks away

Jeez - I forgot that we’ve played Ricky ahead of Timmy in the past.  Maybe we won’t sign a RW then …….

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Nobody will look good under this fraud.

It’s no good slating the players, Daka, Barnes, Castagne, Kristiansen (getting that one in a couple of weeks before he becomes the new scapegoat).

Watch what would happen if this group of players suddenly got a positive manager who was willing to employ sensible tactics, not suck the life out of them and slate them in the media. They would flourish.

I will not be critical of any players now under this ‘manager’.

Plenty of crap on here - but go to the top of the class. lol

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Plenty of crap on here - but go to the top of the class. lol

Go on then? What is ‘crap’ about this?

Oh that a side has never been awful and drained in confidence and suddenly picked up form under a new manager. You’re right, that’s never happened before….

The side HAS been awful, really poor, but it is a team game and Brendan is too blame, just not entirely in my opinion, but, I do accept that the only available route out is to replace the manager. Blaming him for everything is really lazy and misses the rest of the problems in my opinion.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The side HAS been awful, really poor, but it is a team game and Brendan is too blame, just not entirely in my opinion, but, I do accept that the only available route out is to replace the manager. Blaming him for everything is really lazy and misses the rest of the problems in my opinion.

Fair enough. It’s a forum and whatever your beliefs are, if you can discuss it and debate them I respect that.

Personally I just think he has sucked the life out of them and I back the players to bounce back and want to support the players.

I don’t see the point in getting on their backs. The problems lie with Rodgers and upwards. I think the players should be left out of it.

15 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Nobody will look good under this fraud.

It’s no good slating the players, Daka, Barnes, Castagne, Kristiansen (getting that one in a couple of weeks before he becomes the new scapegoat).

Watch what would happen if this group of players suddenly got a positive manager who was willing to employ sensible tactics, not suck the life out of them and slate them in the media. They would flourish.

I will not be critical of any players now under this ‘manager’.

If you ever want a case in point, look at Rashford in the 12-18 months before Ten Haag arrived. The guy had had Mouriho and Solskjaer just drain the life out of his game. Suddenly there's a coach who believes in him and he looks like the Rashford who first showed up in the PL again.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, iancognito said:

If you ever want a case in point, look at Rashford in the 12-18 months before Ten Haag arrived. The guy had had Mouriho and Solskjaer just drain the life out of his game. Suddenly there's a coach who believes in him and he looks like the Rashford who first showed up in the PL again.

Exactly, some players can keep consistency and drag others through and others confidence goes off a cliff if they have a crap/unsupportive manager or they are part of a failing team. A successful team can have a healthy balance of both but we have ended up too much the other way with a weak minded bunch. This is of course a fault on the recruitment side but ultimately whose mate came in to oversee this? Personally I think the team is definitely in the mould of the manager. 

I get that with Rashford as an example, he has proven himself so I’d imagine the issue with some of our lot is that people haven’t seen them under anyone else. 

Take Thomas, he gets dogs abuse on here. Remember he came in after the lockdown, as a kid, chucked in to a team that was failing and losing confidence. I’m not sure we have ever found ourselves since then which is weird to say as we ended up in the top 4 again for a long time and won the cup the following season (2020/21) but it always from that point seemed to be less convincing and overshadowed by lengthy injury lists. Same with Daka and Soumare, they came in last season and despite finishing 8th, we have been awful since the start of last season so who knows whether they have more to give.

Mitoma was good. For the goal he cut in and hit a worldie. That is his job. Tim is there to stop him and did not manage it on that occasion. These are the fine margins. It does not mean TC is not a good player. I would quite like to see RP ahead of TC but I suspect RP will not be the same as he was before his injuries. At that time he was sublime and we would not have kept him. Having him back now as he was then would be a massive boost to us.