Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

He did already have a thread, but definitely worth starting another one up as he deserves it!

For me the insane thing is that less than 10 games into his career, no one feels the need to talk about how good he is in the post match threads because we KNOW he will have been good. Even though he does sometimes make mistakes, as he did a few times against Arsenal, you know the overall net gain will be largely positive. It's the Ricardo effect!

He's been a brilliant buy, especially when you look at the prices paid in recent years for players like Win-Bissaka, Cancleo, Danillo and Aurier. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's notable that in the games we failed to score, against Villa and West Ham, he wasn't really able (or allowed?) to get forward. When he gets in to the final third we score goals. 

The prospect of him on one side and Ricardo on the other with Barnes and Under tucking in is frankly terrifying. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He did already have a thread, but definitely worth starting another one up as he deserves it!

For me the insane thing is that less than 10 games into his career, no one feels the need to talk about how good he is in the post match threads because we KNOW he will have been good. Even though he does sometimes make mistakes, as he did a few times against Arsenal, you know the overall net gain will be largely positive. It's the Ricardo effect!

He's been a brilliant buy, especially when you look at the prices paid in recent years for players like Win-Bissaka, Cancleo, Danillo and Aurier. 

This is the thing that excites me the most. 'The Ricardo effect' already does amazing things for us when we had just Ricardo in the team. Having both full backs capable of that kind of impact at the same time is going to compound that effect, split defences and give more room to each of them (and Vardy/Maddison et al in the center) and hopefully make us much more of a threat on the break. Add in Barnes and Under to the mix and that's a frightening attack. Then all we need is Ndidi and Soyuncu to come back from injury and not only do we have a side which is strong in every area of the pitch, but we're starting to build up good-quality depth as well with the likes of Fofana, Justin, Perez, Iheanacho etc.

Since the new year injuries to key players have somewhat crippled our progression, honestly, but when things clear up we'll be there or thereabouts and I cant wait to see how it develops. Players like Castagne are going to be key to taking us to that next level not necessarily because they're superstars themselves (i.e. the Man City approach) but because they complement the rest of our squad so well and are consistent enough that you can rely on them for 7/10 performances or better more often than not. The more players we have that are consistent themselves the less likely we as a team are to have a bad game on any given matchday, and we've got the quality in players like Maddison/Tielemans/Vardy to enable us to convert those average-or-better performances into 3 points more regularly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Probably his "worst" game for us last night and still played his part in a clean sheet against a really decent left side for Arsenal. Wasn't able to get forward like he is normally. Great player.

He wasn't very good last night, I agree.

Overall, what a start though!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Do we know if he'll still be back for the Liverpool game? Even if it's on the bench?

According to this: https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/first-team/

, he should be back this week, so hopefully he'll be able to start. Amartey might be back, as well.

Apparently, Ricardo is out for 3 more weeks and Soyuncu and Ndidi are out for a month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

According to this: https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/first-team/

, he should be back this week, so hopefully he'll be able to start. Amartey might be back, as well.

Apparently, Ricardo is out for 3 more weeks and Soyuncu and Ndidi are out for a month.

...getting worried about Ricardo!!!

We see photos of him training and we are told he is somewhere off being ready. This is not the first time and I can see he will struggle to come back anywhere near the quality he previously showed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We see photos of him training and we are told he is somewhere off being ready. This is not the first time and I can see he will struggle to come back anywhere near the quality he previously showed.

Him not coming back the same player was always a possibility after an ACL injury. Some never return at all.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Very true which is why we mustn't rush him in any way like we did Ndidi. We are coping without him at the moment and it's not worth jeopardising his long term future for. The same for Ndidi and Soyuncu however nice it would be to get them back. 

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

?

Why rush him back? Whats the point if he's not ready? Definitely prepared to trust the experts who have a lot more expertise on the matter than we do.

He'll come back when he's ready. He might be good, he might be shit, it might take him a while to get back to his best. Who knows until he's actually back playing again? 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Medical science advances ever rapidly and Ricardo will have received the very best treatment and rehabilitation. No need to rush it. I'd be optimistic for him - such a talent

Shearer, Van Nistelroy, Xavi, Baggio and many more have all come back successfully from ACL surgery put Ricci on that list!! 

• Like 1