Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AdamSmithSO

VAR and disallowed goals...

Hello (admins, please feel free to remove if not allowed), we are looking to get the view from real Leicester fans not just Arsenal ones as this will change the outcome of the results!!

Were the ref and VAR right to disallow Lacazette's goal yesterday? 

Apologies for the intrusion but we are keen to hear what knowledgeable fans think rather than just what the papers or TV are saying. Link to our 30-second Speedy Poll can be found here > https://sportingopinion.org/daily-football-opinion/

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

1 hour ago, AdamSmithSO said:

Hello (admins, please feel free to remove if not allowed), we are looking to get the view from real Leicester fans not just Arsenal ones as this will change the outcome of the results!!

Apologies for the intrusion but we are keen to hear what knowledgeable fans think rather than just what the papers or TV are saying. Link to our 30-second Speedy Poll can be found here > https://sportingopinion.org/daily-football-opinion/

I think we need to know their reasoning before we can fairly answer.  I've seen a lot of focus on Xhaka 'blocking' Schmeichel in which case it's probably a poor call, but for me Aubameyang and Xhaka are both interfering with Justin's positioning/decision making. Harsh but fair imo.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

You cannot be in an offside position, practically stood on the goalkeepers toes, a yard from the goal line and not be classed as interfering with play. Correct decision for me. But let's not forget, and this keeps getting overlooked, VAR did not disallow the goal last night, the lino did. VAR only agreed with the decision. 

so annoying when the narrative becomes about VAR disallowing a goal when it didn't - happens a lot in the media  

• Like 1

If a player can be declared offside during a build up because a fraction of his anatomy is deemed (after much discussion) to be fraction over a  line drawn on a monitor screen, then two players standing way beyond any defensive players other than the goaiie in the goalmouth, (one of them actually in front of the goalkeeper) MUST be offside.....surely!

• Like 3

The linesman thought it was offside VAR didn't see a clear and obvious reason to overrule and neither did I.

But I get Arteta's frustration, that ball was going in regardless of Xhaka and Aubameyang, Kasper wasn't saving it and Justin wasn't getting back. Xhaka's presence caused Schmeichel to move but he was onside when Shmeichel moved so I get the argument it should have stood because the nuances of the offside rule are unclear and poorly defined.

Edited by Captain...

I’m behind VAR but can see it’s a long way from being perfect ...   the wrestling hold by Maguire and Pickfords X rated tackle are two massive glaring errors that are totally unacceptable ...   what the fvck the VAR muppets were looking at (if they were looking!) ..  beggars belief.    We could actually doing with someone just watching tv coverage and pointing out something they may have missed .. 

Who the **** cares? We beat you. You only posted on our forum to try and get get our sympathy for your fouling, diving , complaining, moaning, weak, overpaid bunch of no-hopers. Apologies but **** off back to your own forum :angry:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Who the **** cares? We beat you. You only posted on our forum to try and get get our sympathy for your fouling, diving , complaining, moaning, weak, overpaid bunch of no-hopers. Apologies but **** off back to your own forum :angry:

Rough day?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdamSmithSO said:

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Rough day?

Every day's a rough day. Maybe I should be less stressed. It's not his fault he's an Arsenal supporter but I believe I have a point there, somewhere.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

If it was the other way round I would have hated that being disallowed so I do have a little sympathy but then again it's subjective as to what is considered interfering with play. We'll never know if Xhaka's presence had an impact on the goal and the difference it would have made had he not been there. 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

C'mon, there's no need to sugarcoat it. Tell me how you really feel.

• Haha 1