Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wes Morgan Lined Up for Executive Role

18 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Define executive role? What would his actual duties be? Not saying he shouldn't have one merely is there a purposeful role that needs fulfilling?

It is OK to make a role for a person that fits your business so well. And mould it as you go. 

I have done the same in my business and refuse to write a detailed job spec to try to shoehorn them in to. 

Business is about people, especially leadership, and a broad outline is good enough, but if that person is shit at one part, we'll there are plenty of others who can do it. Play to their strengths to get the best out of them. 

Also in response to the outlining of ethnic background.(not from you) Like it or not, it is a burning hot topic at the moment, and once again we are setting the rest of the footballing world on the right path. Kudos to the club. And it would be sad to be looked upon as a tacky PR exercise. 

Take a walk around vichai's memorial garden, as I finally did this morning, for a poignant reminder that this clubs current standing is built in his image, and proof again with the kudos for Susan whelan recently that he has left us in very capable hands, even in an emergency situation. 

I am so proud and lucky to support this great club from top to bottom. YES, they are not infallible, but when they err, they correct it (season ticket £70 "thing" is what is in mind in relation to this) 

Can't applaud this any greater and for every reason. The signalling to the outside world that we are "on it!" and understand the ways of the world and what needs to be done, but more than that, that they are keeping the right man in the club to help lead us even further forwards. 

Up the city! 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

On 31/10/2020 at 06:57, Ceirboy said:

Do you not know that managing to keep needles clean and paying rent on time is virtually the same as running a PL football club? 🤨

Let me help people. He is moving into the "BUSINESS" side of the club, and unlike most footballers, already has SOME, hands on experience (from what I've read at least) experience in  a business that he owns. 

I know you people are having fun, but @Danny Clender gave a very good tldr version of my recent previous post. "Wes doesn't need any justification. Club legend!"

But the justification isn't that hard to find if you look at it a little more holistically. 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah in general I have no idea what executives do. Jointly make decisions re the Premier League, 15 quid matches, etc? Anyone enlighten me? 

Anyhow I think it would be good to have a footballer, and one who led us to world fame and fortune, on the board, rather than a executive who may have less interest in the game itself.

From an accounting perspective, it very loosely means involved in the day to day running of the business, ie has a vested interest, when specifically set against a "non executive" director, which is very good corporate governance and tends to be other successful business(men/women) simply put on the board of directors (ie to attend maybe 4 board meeting per year for a token gesture annual salary (ie £15k per year to a multi millionaire, remember the context) to challenge the executive board and ensure they are not in a position where they can't see the wood for the trees. 

I think people are barking up the wrong tree finding specific roles, but could easily see him in a few of those outlined, all during his future time with the club to give him the overall experience to be the first "real" ex footballer turned successful chairman in this new highly business led generation. 

Not to mention likely the first BAME ex footballer chairman, showing us to be the trailblazers in the future, due to successful long term planning. 

That's my expectation/hope, as well as my reading of the situation. Hope I'm right and hope it all goes to plan.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

On 31/10/2020 at 00:32, Jaspa said:

Odd article. First reason it gives for him being given the role is because of ethnic background, not the fact he's been a magnificent leader for nearly a decade and has led the team up from obscurity to the highest tiers of the sport. If he were from anywhere in the world and had done what he has done for the Club we should be treating him the same.

Fantastic though, shows again we're building a legacy and plan for being more than a flash in the pan.

I've also noticed from little pieces of media, we have Holly, Jade & Jonathan Morgan all in major roles of the Ladies Foxes team - any relation?

Got to somehow get the identity politics in there. Incredibly disrespectful to Wes Morgan from the article author.

Totally in favour of this move. There's a reason he's kept around.

8 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

It is OK to make a role for a person that fits your business so well. And mould it as you go. 

I have done the same in my business and refuse to write a detailed job spec to try to shoehorn them in to. 

Business is about people, especially leadership, and a broad outline is good enough, but if that person is shit at one part, we'll there are plenty of others who can do it. Play to their strengths to get the best out of them. 

Also in response to the outlining of ethnic background.(not from you) Like it or not, it is a burning hot topic at the moment, and once again we are setting the rest of the footballing world on the right path. Kudos to the club. And it would be sad to be looked upon as a tacky PR exercise. 

Take a walk around vichai's memorial garden, as I finally did this morning, for a poignant reminder that this clubs current standing is built in his image, and proof again with the kudos for Susan whelan recently that he has left us in very capable hands, even in an emergency situation. 

I am so proud and lucky to support this great club from top to bottom. YES, they are not infallible, but when they err, they correct it (season ticket £70 "thing" is what is in mind in relation to this) 

Can't applaud this any greater and for every reason. The signalling to the outside world that we are "on it!" and understand the ways of the world and what needs to be done, but more than that, that they are keeping the right man in the club to help lead us even further forwards. 

Up the city! 

An uplifting and very good post. Couldn't agree more with everything you've said. As for Wes, I do hope that there is a place for him whatever it is. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got to somehow get the identity politics in there. Incredibly disrespectful to Wes Morgan from the article author.

Totally in favour of this move. There's a reason he's kept around.

I think he will be extremely proud personally. Remember he was/is part of the leadership group of premier league captains regarding black lies matter and is a very proud black man who is proud of his roots. 

Very easy for a white European to bang the drum that he is just the right man for the job, but I am sure for him, it is more than,that, and he is proud to set precedents/good examples. 

Totally deserved though on any merit chosen imo. 

14 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Love the bloke. Everything crossed we are in a stadium for the day he retires but if not we really need to do something outside the training ground.

Pretty sure that would be against every reason we are not in the stadium! Each to their own and all that but come on!

6 hours ago, brucey said:

Couldn’t think of a better bloke for that role! Hopefully one day he could be head of the FA and sort the game out.

Absolute legend and would be an asset to anyone in football. I hope he stays with us and continues to positively impact our club long after he has hung up the boots.

• Like 1