Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Agree. Hence why option to buy is vital when you're on the fence, as clearly we were.   Hope I'm proved wrong but other than the odd glimpse no real consistency to suggest we should stump up 24m

I'll be honest, I was excited when he signed and disappointed the transfer was option not obligation in the end. I was quite blindly confident he'd be exactly what we needed. 

To be honest, I still think fully fit and properly integrated he'd be immense. Barnes, Vardy, Under with Ricardo and Castagne overlapping and Tielemans pulling the strings? Moist. 

But with the changes in shape and what seems like Rodgers relative indifference, looks like it'd have been a waste. No point signing people the manager doesn't trust. 

Obviously there's still half a season to go, maybe Rodgers will think he's ready for more involvement over the next few months and he'll really hit his stride. But I've got to accept that at this point, option seems way more prudent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Antony?

Cunha?

Olise?

someone around the 18-21 age bracket for £30m, similar to the fofana deal and hopefully just as successful. Although I do think the top two I’ve suggested will probs be £40m+ realistically 

Ajax have only just signed Antony, don't see them selling him for a while yet and I don't see their players wanting to come here at all while they're regulars in the CL. 

Ajax star players have gone to United, Chelsea and Barcelona for big fees, to play champions league football and get massive contracts over the last few years. 

If I was the next big thing making waves there, I'd have my eyes set higher than Leicester City. 

17 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Agree. Hence why option to buy is vital when you're on the fence, as clearly we were.   Hope I'm proved wrong but other than the odd glimpse no real consistency to suggest we should stump up 24m

I have a niggling feeling that both under and Perez will start tomorrow. If he doesn’t, then it’s fair to say Brendan really doesn’t rate him at all. Even Demari got a start during the festive period last season 

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I have a niggling feeling that both under and Perez will start tomorrow. If he doesn’t, then it’s fair to say Brendan really doesn’t rate him at all. Even Demari got a start during the festive period last season 

Under will only play if fit. 

Hamstrings are too dicey to mess around with.

1 hour ago, Hansifüx said:

I think Justin Kluivert would work but he has been loaned to Leibzig with an option to buy.  Kluivert has some similarities to Barnes in how he plays ( having a good combination of strength and pace) and I can imagined him playing center forward too ... anyway this is me thinking aloud

Too selfish. Maybe he'll mature with time and experience, but risky.

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Obviously there's still half a season to go, maybe Rodgers will think he's ready for more involvement over the next few months and he'll really hit his stride. But I've got to accept that at this point, option seems way more prudent. 

Option to buy is always the safer option.

But, unlike you and some others here, I think if Under stays healthy he'll most likely be signed permanently.

Edited by NaijaFox

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

true. I really hope he is. I still think he is going to be a big player for us. 

we just have to accept that it’s unlikely him and Barnes will work on the pitch together. 

There needs to be balance and nobody can argue that albrighton brings that. It might not be as nice on paper but we look so much more solid with him on the pitch 

• Like 1

The Athletic just ran a brief piece on Olise (hype train starting to roll).  This from the Comments section was interesting:

I taught him when he was at Chelsea. He had a terrible attitude and quite a few problems with authority. I think he was very highly thought in terms of talent at Chelsea, but ultimately was let go because of his behaviour. This going back a fair few years, so might have grown out of it, but explain how's he's ended up at Reading rather than Chelsea/City.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Interesting - but could be just as credible as one of us guys on here saying the same about one of our youngsters we’ve let go over the years. 

To be honest I think you’ve probably got to have a good attitude to be playing most games in the Championship and performing at Olise’s age - we’ve seen talented Premier League players drop down in sides that are relegated etc. in the past and not perform to the heights that they once showed. 

Maybe the release from Chelsea could’ve been the kick up the ass he needed to sort himself out tho, only people who will know are the coaches that have worked with him. 

The article definitely hinted that he might be a little temperamental, so wouldn't be surprised 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'll be honest, I was excited when he signed and disappointed the transfer was option not obligation in the end. I was quite blindly confident he'd be exactly what we needed. 

To be honest, I still think fully fit and properly integrated he'd be immense. Barnes, Vardy, Under with Ricardo and Castagne overlapping and Tielemans pulling the strings? Moist. 

But with the changes in shape and what seems like Rodgers relative indifference, looks like it'd have been a waste. No point signing people the manager doesn't trust. 

I remember:). It was you who turned me on to Under during my first transfer window here.

Have faith. With Ndidi its almost like we've started the season over again. Yesterday was some of the first dynamic end to end football that we've played all season. Possibly fitness and defense is a concern given how little Under has played so far. Albrighton and Perez are probably the best options as they have been in the team longer and understand the system better. The way he runs at defenders.....Hard for me to accept it won't work out. What Rodgers would have given for him at Liverpool. Would have won the league.

Edited by SO1

29 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

As Rodgers knows with Daniel Sturridge.

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ajax have only just signed Antony, don't see them selling him for a while yet and I don't see their players wanting to come here at all while they're regulars in the CL. 

Ajax star players have gone to United, Chelsea and Barcelona for big fees, to play champions league football and get massive contracts over the last few years. 

If I was the next big thing making waves there, I'd have my eyes set higher than Leicester City. 

I get your point I meant rather try to get someone before they turn big, like we have with fofana, how Ajax have with Antony and Hertha have with Cunha. Hopefully the new training ground can mean we make more of those kinds signings 😀

with reference to Europe that’ll always be something we’ll struggle on but we do have the advantage of outstanding finances and now a track record of buying players and developing them.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Interesting - but could be just as credible as one of us guys on here saying the same about one of our youngsters we’ve let go over the years. 

To be honest I think you’ve probably got to have a good attitude to be playing most games in the Championship and performing at Olise’s age - we’ve seen talented Premier League players drop down in sides that are relegated etc. in the past and not perform to the heights that they once showed. 

Maybe the release from Chelsea could’ve been the kick up the ass he needed to sort himself out tho, only people who will know are the coaches that have worked with him. 

No way we'll we go for him if Rodgers hasn't had an interview.

Rodgers ain't doing another Balotelli. A waste of a signing and forced on him at the end of a window.

Edited by SO1

57 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Antony?

Cunha?

Olise?

someone around the 18-21 age bracket for £30m, similar to the fofana deal and hopefully just as successful. Although I do think the top two I’ve suggested will probs be £40m+ realistically 

Cunha would be sensational. Not sure hertha are too impressed recently after their coaches comments but he has unbelievable talent 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Reading boss Veljko Paunovic says he is not aware of an £8M release clause in the contract of Tottenham Hotspur target Michael Olise:

🗣“No, not at all [aware of it]. Michael is being protected, supported & is playing games more than ever.”

Pussy-o