Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

11 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Yep just seen about Olise’s release clause. Can see us moving at that price in January to inject some creativity into the squad. 

Usually I'd say needs time to bed in. After Fofana all bets are off. Still question purchases for short term needs unless he actually is some one we are looking at long term. We can't afford another Gray.

Edited by SO1

My January wish list:

9:  Abdallah Sima, Slavia Praha:  19 year-old Senegalese center forward.  Tall and lanky, strong in the air, speedy.  Has an awkward gait - not like Haaland, but different.  Wriggles out of what seem like certain tackles.  Had a few excellent performances in the Europa League.  Obviously not Vardy, but I noticed Vardy-like movements and runs from him.
10:  Romain Faivre, Brest:  22 year-old French attacking midfielder.  Left-footed, free-kick merchant.  Over 2 key passes per match.  But covers well and is physical when he has to be.  More physical, left-footed version of Mads?
5:  Sven Botman, Lille:  20 year-old Dutch left-footed central defender.  Mountain of a young man at the same size as Van Dijk but he moves very well.  Ajax cut him loose and he's been a force for Lille so far. 

Not certain what to do about the wings, because I'm still not certain what our manager needs out of his wings based on whichever system he's playing.  But get these three in and you've got a Vardy understudy, more attacking intent to break down blocks in the midfield, and another young monstrous (but left-footed!) man at the back.  Depth everywhere and a solid squad to make the run in and bolster European dreams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Haven't seen much of Olise, has he been as good as his stats suggest?

At 8m we could even sign him and let him stay at Reading for the rest of the season, could be worth double that in 6 months time.

He looks very talented with the ball, kind of player who will win a lot of fouls for his dribbling skills

Video includes clips from this season (#7 shirt), 19/20 season (#21 shirt) and 18/19 season (#48 shirt)

He mainly plays as a number 10 or also as a right winger, he will cut inside a lot if playing on the right wing as he does heavily favour his left foot

• Thanks 1

January could get interesting. 

I think the market could be great, as the financial Impact from COVID will force certain clubs to sell assets that they’d most likely have rather retained until the summer. 

I can see us letting Gray and Slimani go. He’s not needed here and releasing him earlier would do all parties a favour.

In terms of incomings, it’s clear that we do need backup to Vardy. Finding that is difficult and I don’t personally think it’ll be an established name that eventually does it. Unless we continually pull Champions League football, which is a hard pull for 85% of this league, then we won’t get a top, top player to sit on the bench. 

Then we have Ihenacho. As a backup currently he’s great. If you were him though, would you be looking to move on? 

Ihenacho is an interesting one regarding moving on. Where would he go. He wouldn’t get a look in at any club deemed to be bigger than us and rival clubs for Europa league such as Wolves, Everton and Southampton he would probably get less game time than he does here. Dropping down to a side where he would get more game time comes with a relegation risk and also I don’t see him as the sort of striker who’d flourish in a poor side creating fewer chances. Going abroad is an option but surely the pay packet will take a massive hit. Only my opinion but I think he would be crazy to want to give up the gig he’s got here. 

The new training facility should put us ahead of the queue for players like Olise. He would be able to develop under a top class manager and at £8m we should see an handsome return in a few years time. We obviously aren't the same attraction as Liverpool, but if it is about his own development I would have thought we are a better proposition.

• Like 2

Biggest signing would be having our players back from injury. Need to let some dead wood go but otherwise shaping up to be a very good squad.

Just wonder whether recalling Benkovic in Jan would be an option. An injury to either Evans or Fofana could be costly at this point 

19 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Ihenacho is an interesting one regarding moving on. Where would he go. He wouldn’t get a look in at any club deemed to be bigger than us and rival clubs for Europa league such as Wolves, Everton and Southampton he would probably get less game time than he does here. Dropping down to a side where he would get more game time comes with a relegation risk and also I don’t see him as the sort of striker who’d flourish in a poor side creating fewer chances. Going abroad is an option but surely the pay packet will take a massive hit. Only my opinion but I think he would be crazy to want to give up the gig he’s got here. 

....as a professional, all you want to do is play, he is not getting that here!!!

Take the hit, go abroad or drop down and play in a team where you do not feel you only have   one chance to prove yourself and if you do, you won't play for another 6 games, what sort of football education is that!!

18 hours ago, 18to18 said:

My January wish list:

9:  Abdallah Sima, Slavia Praha:  19 year-old Senegalese center forward.  Tall and lanky, strong in the air, speedy.  Has an awkward gait - not like Haaland, but different.  Wriggles out of what seem like certain tackles.  Had a few excellent performances in the Europa League.  Obviously not Vardy, but I noticed Vardy-like movements and runs from him.
10:  Romain Faivre, Brest:  22 year-old French attacking midfielder.  Left-footed, free-kick merchant.  Over 2 key passes per match.  But covers well and is physical when he has to be.  More physical, left-footed version of Mads?
5:  Sven Botman, Lille:  20 year-old Dutch left-footed central defender.  Mountain of a young man at the same size as Van Dijk but he moves very well.  Ajax cut him loose and he's been a force for Lille so far. 

Not certain what to do about the wings, because I'm still not certain what our manager needs out of his wings based on whichever system he's playing.  But get these three in and you've got a Vardy understudy, more attacking intent to break down blocks in the midfield, and another young monstrous (but left-footed!) man at the back.  Depth everywhere and a solid squad to make the run in and bolster European dreams.

Guaranteed to score against us in February now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1