Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Funny how this forum works, many loving the Ismaila Sarr suggestion, many shitting on the Adama Traore one. Both have done nothing of note this season, wouldn’t touch either of them with a barge pole atm.

As for an understudy to Vardy, the sooner we get one the better, Ollie Watkins would have been perfect, but of course Villa snapped him up. 

Players like Donyell Malen and Patson Daka will get snapped up soon enough, don’t want to miss the boat on talents like them.

Daka is the boy! Would be unreal here

11 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Everyone is taking about needing to replace Vardy in a year or two. But is it possible, given his late entry into the professional game, the way he is playing these days (ie conserving energy and just focusing on goal scoring), advances in fitness training and his naturally lean physique, that he could play at the top level for another 4 or 5 years? Ibrahimovic is still highly effective at 39, for example.

I agree. I think he'll still be going for another 2/3 years yet, if not more, and by "still going" I mean getting 20+ a season. Rodgers has managed him very well, think there's a case to say it limits us in some ways, but we've made Vardy very economical and he's playing a way that I think is adding time onto how long he plays.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Christian Eriksen on loan in January with us paying 50% of his £190k a week wages. Eriksen does well and Inter gets a good fee for him in the summer. Everybody's a winner.

Aren't him and Kasper great mates? If there's any possibility, he could try and convince.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Christian Eriksen on loan in January with us paying 50% of his £190k a week wages. Eriksen does well and Inter gets a good fee for him in the summer. Everybody's a winner.

Who are we going to leave out for him? He seems to be going down hill quickly and there are doubts about his attitude and appetite for the game. Don't think we need anyone for that position, it's just collecting for collecting's sake. Save the money for a priority. It's a business and budgets count. He's not playing, will need to get up to speed for the odd game here and there perhaps. Is that really good use of £100,000 a week?

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

A few rumblings on Twitter that we're interested in Michael Olise of Reading. I know absolutely nothing about him. Anyone else know anything about him?

Edit: looks decent. Loads of top teams interested. Has second highest number of assists in the Champ.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1

It’s not difficult to buy a player from Brentford.

Their business model is literally “this is your price and we already have your replacement”... so if we actually wanted one of their players it would be a piece of piss really. 

35 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maupay is a flop at brighton and ollie watkins hasnt been all that at villa. Hopefully we stay as far away from overrated brentford attackers as possible.

Maupay has been shockingly managed and Watkins has been one of the best signings I’ve seen from the champ in a long time. 

You have to remember Watkins only became a striker two years ago lol... he does a hell of a lot for that Villa team and his goal return is crazy already for a first season! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

A few rumblings on Twitter that we're interested in Michael Olise of Reading. I know absolutely nothing about him. Anyone else know anything about him?

Edit: looks decent. Loads of top teams interested. Has second highest number of assists in the Champ.

...plenty of comments about him in this topic already!!!

He will have you on the edge of your seat. Great footwork, can pick a pass, very composed.

Maupay is not good enough for a top 6 club. Brighton is his level. He scored 10 goals last session. Ihenacho got 10 goals off the bench. There are levels to this game we call football. IMO, Maupay is one of the reason Brighton are what they are (an average bottom half team). Brighton create chances but their forward players don't take them.

Ollie Watkins is the dogs bollocks. He was converted to a striker just 2 years ago and hasn't looked back since. Watch him be red hot in the next year or two - in the same trajectory as Calvert-Lewin.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Every player can be replaced. Some take longer than others. Kante goes, we signed Ndidi 6 months later and never looked back. Mahrez goes, we've been through Ghezzal, Gray, Perez, Under. 

Ollie Watkins would have been a good signing but unfortunately that ship has sailed now.

ndidi has taken about 3 years to get close to kantes standard that we used..

Under is no where near the class of Mahrez and watkins is no where near the player Vardy is even at the age of 34.

Bad examples and you’ve actually proved my point for me! thank you!

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Maupay has been shockingly managed and Watkins has been one of the best signings I’ve seen from the champ in a long time. 

You have to remember Watkins only became a striker two years ago lol... he does a hell of a lot for that Villa team and his goal return is crazy already for a first season! 

I might be wrong but i dont think a goal every other game is sustainable for him, reminds me of maupay where i think he's going to cost villa quite a few points this season from his finishing, although i did say the same about calvert lewin last year where i thought his finishing wasnt good enough and he's proving me wrong.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Maupay is not good enough for a top 6 club. Brighton is his level. He scored 10 goals last session. Ihenacho got 10 goals off the bench. There are levels to this game we call football. IMO, Maupay is one of the reason Brighton are what they are (an average bottom half team). Brighton create chances but their forward players don't take them.

Ollie Watkins is the dogs bollocks. He was converted to a striker just 2 years ago and hasn't looked back since. Watch him be red hot in the next year or two - in the same trajectory as Calvert-Lewin.

Sounds like one of my old youngsters in FM - started as a midfielder (so had decent passing/tackling/marking stats, but had also high finishing) - turned into my GOAT striker,  but never used anywhere except midfield by the national team.  Yep.  Sounds about right :D 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Who are we going to leave out for him? He seems to be going down hill quickly and there are doubts about his attitude and appetite for the game. Don't think we need anyone for that position, it's just collecting for collecting's sake. Save the money for a priority. It's a business and budgets count. He's not playing, will need to get up to speed for the odd game here and there perhaps. Is that really good use of £100,000 a week?

Wouldn't say he's gone downhill really. His attitude has never been a problem by any accounts. He's probably one of the most down-to-earth, shy and humble footballers around. But as Finners said, he's not going to come, he's not within our budget, so let's not waste more time on it. 

But the thought of him, Youri, Ricardo, Castagne and Vardy all playing in the same team. Phwoah. 

40 minutes ago, shen said:

Wouldn't say he's gone downhill really. His attitude has never been a problem by any accounts. He's probably one of the most down-to-earth, shy and humble footballers around. But as Finners said, he's not going to come, he's not within our budget, so let's not waste more time on it. 

But the thought of him, Youri, Ricardo, Castagne and Vardy all playing in the same team. Phwoah. 

Thank the Lord for that!

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's not coming here, let's just get that out there. 

But he probably fits the bill of Broken Player, he'd be a good player here once he got fit. The problem is, he needs a good six months to get fit which makes a loan pointless and we can't afford to buy him (nor would it fit our recruitment policy.)

I think there's a large over reaction to his alleged decline around the football mainstream and social medias, to be honest. 

There's no great mystery there. Neither Eriksen nor Conte are individually responsible, the only person that really deserves criticism is the director of football who thought bringing those two together was intelligent. He's just not a player Conte wants. It's the same reason Thiago was utterly wasted signing for Klopp. 

Conte wants the same thing from a central midfielder that Jurgen does, or Mourinho does - a dynamic, box to box grafter who will do more defensive than creative work and any assists or goals they provide is an added bonus. 

Hamza Choudhury would get more love at Inter than Eriksen while Conte is there and Conte SHOULD be there, he's doing a great job. 

Eriksen needs out to a club that wants to play decent football and he needs out ASAP. He'll be fine when he does. He's 28 ffs and his greatest asset has always been his brain anyway. 

Plus getting booked just about every game. I'd love Conte back in England. The bloke's off his rocker.

• Like 1