Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

41 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Ihenacho is an interesting one regarding moving on. Where would he go. He wouldn’t get a look in at any club deemed to be bigger than us and rival clubs for Europa league such as Wolves, Everton and Southampton he would probably get less game time than he does here. Dropping down to a side where he would get more game time comes with a relegation risk and also I don’t see him as the sort of striker who’d flourish in a poor side creating fewer chances. Going abroad is an option but surely the pay packet will take a massive hit. Only my opinion but I think he would be crazy to want to give up the gig he’s got here. 

TBH.. i like him, he has accepted the fact Vardy will always be number 1 and he has never done a Demarai and moaned about not having enough play time and has got on with his training and from what Rodgers says, hes a great trainer. He has at times produced some good displays when called upon to see the game through and has had some decent cup runs. id say keep because he seems like a good lad and potential is there, the guy has a marvelous right/left foot too.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I can’t see us signing anyone in January if I’m honest 

I would tend to agree, but this season seems to be about learning lessons from the past that came back to haunt us, hence seeing improved results and performances against teams near the top of the table, and teams we've never got good results from (Arsenal away, Man U, etc). Last season Man U signed Bruno Fernandes and overtook us for 4th place, Spurs signed Steven Bergwijn who we made a bid for, and we ended up signing Ryan Bennet and finishing 5th! So I could see us making a better signing if it was to make us more competitive for top 4, even if it's only a loan signing.

That said I think we would only go for a player if we had an urgent need (IE someone gets injured) or if the right one is available, and in Covid times it's hard to do business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

BR said a winter signing is highly unlikely - make of that what you will.

I think this is the sensible way to think about it.

Does Rodgers want new players in January to bolster his squad? Yes.

Is January a notoriously difficult time to bring players in (especially cost-wise)? Yes.

If someone we really want becomes available for a decent price, will we go for them? Yes.

Therefore, it's highly unlikely we will bring anyone in. But not impossible.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He looks very talented with the ball, kind of player who will win a lot of fouls for his dribbling skills

Video includes clips from this season (#7 shirt), 19/20 season (#21 shirt) and 18/19 season (#48 shirt)

He mainly plays as a number 10 or also as a right winger, he will cut inside a lot if playing on the right wing as he does heavily favour his left foot

Well not that a highlights reel alone could possibly convince me but, yeah - I’m sold.

Edited by Nick

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..Edouard  is not coming here just to sit on our bench!!!

Olise looks exciting but we have the Central Midfield covered.

I don’t agree - we need another CM more than we need help in any other position IMO. We have all you could ask for in holding players but we’re over-reliant on Tielemans/Praet/Maddison in the 8/10 role (and I acknowledge that Youri is playing more as a 6 than an 8 this season), two of whom start almost all matches with the third on the bench.

5 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Finances I think 

Considered that for a bit.  There are no incoming pressures other than a summer decision on Ünder's permanent move for £22 million. There is some baggage they can offload in January:

• Slimani's wage
  • Gray's wage with any fee a wonderful net.
  • Loan out Iheanacho; Brighton can't score, perhaps they will pay his wage for 6 months?

Sima is probably out of the question, given his tie to Praha in Europa.  Botman as a bargain's ship has probably sailed; he's winning praise from everyone now.  Moving for Faivre probably creates a midfield jam right now.  Perhaps my wish list isn't right for them in January, but I think off-loading those wages would give enough breathing room for a smaller, targeted transfer.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d die if we signed him. I fear the ship may have sailed though I think every top club are now after him..... he’s got absolutely everything. 

Indeed, but by next season, I think we'd be giving a striker 20 appearances ( maybe not starts ).

Its fairly clear we'd give Vardy more rests for parts of games if the backup was deemed up to it.

We'd all love to see Nacho step up, but its not really worked out

The more I think about these links to Michael Olise, the more I think it will happen. Celtic wanted him when Rodgers was there, got a supposed release clause of just £8m, as opposed to us paying £24m for Ünder. I could see us getting Olise in next month, then having 5-6 months to ascertain whether Ünder should join permanently as well, but it will take a huge 2nd half of the season from him if so. 

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx

I think Justin Kluivert would work but he has been loaned to Leibzig with an option to buy.  Kluivert has some similarities to Barnes in how he plays ( having a good combination of strength and pace) and I can imagined him playing center forward too ... anyway this is me thinking aloud

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yes please 

Out of him and Malen, I’d prefer Malen.

7 goals in 13 in the Eredivisie this season, 5 goals in 6 in the Europa League.

Last season he had 11 goals in 14 in the Eredivisie, would have easily got more if he didn’t get injured.

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Last season he had 11 goals in 14 in the Eredivisie, would have easily got more if he didn’t get injured.

I think Myron might cost less, I would be gob smacked if we were not looking at some of these strikers..... someone like Malden or Myron would be absolutely ideal, and we’re the perfect club for them. 

Myron Boadu will go to Leverkusen for 18m, Stengs will go to Lazio for 15m and we'll sign Calanoglu for 40m. 

It's time we admit the Algerians put a curse on us when we didn't immediately release Mahrez, we're never properly replacing our forwards again. 

• Haha 4

So many options in transfers but no one really knows if they have the ability to step up to our level. Its a huge step up from the Eredivisie or the Championship.

Nobody really knows whats going on with Under. Have a hard time believing, given what he's shown, that Rodgers is writing Under off. He's shown he has the skills and the mentality to play in this league.

Edited by SO1

39 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Boadu is statistically more clinical with the chances he gets. 

One particular statistic does set Boadu apart, in that his NP xG Per Shot is 0.24, significantly better than Malen's 0.14. Boadu's conversion rate % of players who have struck more than 50 shots is 23.99%, the best in the league. We can derive that Boadu is shooting from more dangerous positions in and around the goal, and, crucially, is putting the ball into the net. And look at the number of his goals which have been decisive - the most in the league. This points to a clutch finisher.

https://www.footballcritic.com/features/why-two-eredivisie-strikers-could-be-europes-hottest-properties-in-the-new-transfer-market/815

Of course, another way of looking at that is that Malen has scored more goals per xG, implying he's taken more difficult chances. 

By that token, the player that actually stands out on the graph in that link is Oussama Idrisi. 

Anyway, this is all immaterial. Like I said, they'll go to clubs that have better track records buying young attacking talent while we'll probably sign both the next Paolo Maldini and the next Josh Low in the summer. 

This is the way. 

• Haha 1