Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Got pull his finger out. Cant see him being kept on as it stands 

Agree.. Personally he just seems the same standard as perez Albrighton n gray... Need better options

I'd try jj until someone else comes in.. Him n pereira on the right with Barnes and castagne the left has huge potential

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Personally can't see us signing anyone of note in January

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I wonder if the balance needed on the right to match Barnes on the left could be provided by young jj... Once pereira n castagne are back, I can see them slowly holding down the wing back positions.. But jj for me has been the stand out player so far.. Offers a lot going forward, link up and distribution has been great can take a player on with ease, has a trick or two and would willingly track back ... If we don't bring anyone in, then he's got to be worth a shout surely.? 

Perez isn't consistent, under struggles with fitness and although I'm a huge fan of praet, he isn't a winger and doesn't have an engine like Justin does... Just a thought anyway

...unless your name is Rodgers there should be no thoughts of Perez on the wing!!!

Praet to be deployed in the number 8  role if Tielemans is injured or rested.

Justin's position is Right Back, I have a feeling Ricardo is not going to be the player he used to be.

If we could get Thauvin in, that will give us the balance we need with Barnes on the left.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...unless your name is Rodgers there should be no thoughts of Perez on the wing!!!

Praet to be deployed in the number 8  role if Tielemans is injured or rested.

Justin's position is Right Back, I have a feeling Ricardo is not going to be the player he used to be.

If we could get Thauvin in, that will give us the balance we need with Barnes on the left.

I don't think Justin has a position, that's the point.. Utility player so far.. Rb lcb rcb lb.. Been great wherever he's played

Agree on the perez and praet remarks.. I've only mentioned them because that's where Rodgers has played them and it doesn't work for me

The reason I've suggested jj is because I think it's the best option with what we have as under n Albrighton don't have the engines we need and I personally don't see us signing anyone

Ps, I hope you're wrong about riccy p but I fear the same after a long term injury like he's had 

• Like 1

Bit of a left field suggestion, but what about Defoe on a 1 year deal. Knows where the back of the net is and would be a great backup to Vardy, and also off the bench. At his age he wouldn't be expecting to start, and would be great for the younger lads at the club. Could play a similar role to that of Philips under Pearson. Can't imagine it'd cost the earth to get him out of Ranger's, and a return to the EPL would surely be a tempting proposition for him. 

4 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Bit of a left field suggestion, but what about Defoe on a 1 year deal. Knows where the back of the net is and would be a great backup to Vardy, and also off the bench. At his age he wouldn't be expecting to start, and would be great for the younger lads at the club. Could play a similar role to that of Philips under Pearson. Can't imagine it'd cost the earth to get him out of Ranger's, and a return to the EPL would surely be a tempting proposition for him. 

Yeah remember saying this a couple years back just before he joined Sunderland, wouldn’t mind seeing him in a city shirt for a season. Got to be worth a go? I’m sure he could net a penalty on a cold Monday afternoon in London 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

...I am sure he would jump at the chance!!!

We are a progressive club, we look forward and this would be a retrograde step regarding what we are trying to achieve. A young lad, who is bullish infront of goal with good technique, who can grow into the role and become a part of the team.

The rumour that we are interested in Batuhan Kor is exciting and just what is required.

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

I was thinking more slimani and gray to be honest 

Hopefully we can move nacho and perez on in the summer... But we will need them until them I think

Slimani & Gray are both out of contract in the Summer so it would be sweet if they leave in January but having eaten it for so long another 5 months won't kill us. I would like them gone in January if possible though. Nacho and Perez could be a little tougher though as we overpaid for them both and they will be a tough sell. Morgan & Fuchs will be gone come Summer & that is a ton of cash right there. Those six would free up a huge amount of wages for the Summer window.

2 hours ago, LVocey said:

Thauvin would not be a good signing in my opinion. Yes he has a good record in France but at 27 his next contract will be a big one. He will either sign for a consistent champions league side or go somewhere for money, and with a player like him having a bad spell in England already that could leave us with a big problem if it doesn't work out.

Doesn't particularly fit our recent signing profiles, either. 

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’ll get slated for saying this no doubt but I would genuinely take a look at Jack Wilshere on a trial basis to see if he is worthy of a short term contract if we want to go cheap with it. He would cost nothing and we don’t need him to be a star, we simply need someone who can make our midfield tick in the absence of Tielemans and Wilshere could do that until Kiernan-DH comes back next summer. 

He's been unable to change his playstyle at all.  He creates his own dangerous situations and can't recognize it.  He'll be an injury waiting to happen as long as he plays the game.

13 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If it would only cost a portion of his wage I’d try and get Ozil on loan.

Not going to kick a ball there regardless of how poor they are and could help us unlock tight defences who sit back against us.

Will probably get slaughtered for this but a player of his type is the immediate thing we are missing (especially when Maddison is not on it) 

This is Arsenal.

884056934_Arsebraintrtust.JPG.a4cbe0e086c4bd2a7ad19073fe73f3ce.JPG

Arsenal pay this man ₤350K a week to do this.

1387079171_ozilbeach.JPG.c9bc92bd5b9f9705560b985e495dd606.JPG

Don’t be Arsenal.

MikArt.JPG.ac7230544ed42aef33e51af703b122e5.JPG

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

One that’s not a usual Leicester signing, but might be worth a look. Diego Costa.

Looking to leave Atletico in January possibly on a free, can score goals and could be the bit of nasty that we need. 
Negative how will he get on with team mates.

Yes! He’s a very laid back man is Costa and I’m sure he’ll love to come to Leicester to play second fiddle to a striker who’s as old as he is

And for only 100 k per week!

Behave yourself...

The shouts on here for Ozil and Costa... what are you thinking!

🧐

Edited by Col city fan
  • Haha 3

He was shit when he was here on loan some years ago, but I wonder whether Lingard might be worth a punt? Awful attitude though from what I’ve seen in the press etc. 

Worryingly though it’s a replacement for Vards that keeps me up at night. Granted I don’t have a great knowledge of world football, but I can’t think of anyone. I’m tempted to say Harvey Barnes...

5 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

He was shit when he was here on loan some years ago, but I wonder whether Lingard might be worth a punt? Awful attitude though from what I’ve seen in the press etc. 

Worryingly though it’s a replacement for Vards that keeps me up at night. Granted I don’t have a great knowledge of world football, but I can’t think of anyone. I’m tempted to say Harvey Barnes...

Does that thought really keep you up at night?

What keeps me up is worrying about work and having to piss every two hours

😀

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Slimani & Gray are both out of contract in the Summer so it would be sweet if they leave in January but having eaten it for so long another 5 months won't kill us. I would like them gone in January if possible though. Nacho and Perez could be a little tougher though as we overpaid for them both and they will be a tough sell. Morgan & Fuchs will be gone come Summer & that is a ton of cash right there. Those six would free up a huge amount of wages for the Summer window.

I'd also add to that list Albrighton

Love the lad but he's too slow now for me and I think he should be moved on 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not the most pressing area we need a player in but Jesper Lindstrom is the heir to Christian Eriksen's throne as Denmark's future playmaker and attacking midfielder. 

thats a decent one imo, but prem teams always have a way of turning their noses up for talent from scandinavain countries, only tend to get them after theyve been holland/germant etc

kind like no one going for Hauge, before he signed for AC Milan from Bodo, 

personaly think we need to try and bring in a forward asap but i dont think we'll do alot in the Jan window,

maybe Olise from Reading, buy him then loan him back there for the rest of the season, fits the bill in terms of players we sign and looks very promising too

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

https://the72.co.uk/211074/door-left-open-for-leeds-united-liverpool-to-sign-championship-star/

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has ruled out any potential signings next month.

The Northern Irishman has guided his Foxes side to 2nd in the Premier League.

He’s proving to be one of the top-flight’s best bosses but ahead of next month’s transfer window, Rodgers has spoken to Leicester Mercury about his plans

He said:

“I don’t believe so. It’s something that we’ve looked at.

“If there’s something that we think could really help us and improve us, then the club will always look at it. But I don’t think there will be anybody coming in for the sake of it.”

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://the72.co.uk/211074/door-left-open-for-leeds-united-liverpool-to-sign-championship-star/

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has ruled out any potential signings next month.

The Northern Irishman has guided his Foxes side to 2nd in the Premier League.

He’s proving to be one of the top-flight’s best bosses but ahead of next month’s transfer window, Rodgers has spoken to Leicester Mercury about his plans

He said:

“I don’t believe so. It’s something that we’ve looked at.

“If there’s something that we think could really help us and improve us, then the club will always look at it. But I don’t think there will be anybody coming in for the sake of it.”

Completely different slant on what he actually said yesterday 😂

• Like 1