Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Still lacking a genuine number 9 when Vardy isn't playing/firing.

Man City have Aguero and Jesus, Liverpool have Firmino and Origi, Man Utd have Greenwood, Martial and Cavani, Chelsea have Giroud, Werner and Abraham etc.

Doesn't have to be someone that would come and score 30 goals a season. Just someone that can come in and offer something different and has the ambition to take over from Vardy in the next couple of years.

Iheanacho is about on par with origi but I get your point. A bit like wolves did with silva this summer.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m of this opinion. Incredibly tricky to ask someone to join as back up to essentially a legend unless some clever signing. 

If Harvey hits 10+ in the league, we need another midfielder whose capable of that. There’s 45 to 50 goals sorted 

...he would not be a backup to Vardy!!!

Predominantly a Right Winger he looks like he would be the balance to Barnes on the Left.

Regarding Barnes I would like to see him take up a position on the back post when our Right Winger is attacking the box. We do not get enough people in the box as it is and it should be automatic for Barnes to be attacking the back post.

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

This afternoon just goes to show how we have nobody who can be creative from deep other than Youri. It was painful watching Mendy and Hamza having a competition as to who could make the most backwards and sideways passes. 

Are you kidding? We were fantastic first half, made chances and dominated the opposition. Put those chances away and then those guys get the credit their performances deserved.

People are such result merchants it's untrue.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are you kidding? We were fantastic first half, made chances and dominated the opposition. Put those chances away and then those guys get the credit their performances deserved.

People are such result merchants it's untrue.

Well summarised. 

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he would not be a backup to Vardy!!!

Predominantly a Right Winger he looks like he would be the balance to Barnes on the Left.

Regarding Barnes I would like to see him take up a position on the back post when our Right Winger is attacking the box. We do not get enough people in the box as it is and it should be automatic for Barnes to be attacking the back post.

You’ve misunderstood. I’d prefer us to sign Thauvin rather than a direct back up to Vardy 

19 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

What a tempting offer. 2 players who haven’t played 90 mins between them for a regular in the West Ham team. 😂😂

Not to mention they are both out of contract although I believe Antonio is out of contract in the summer as well unless hes signed a new one recently. 

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Gray had a real chance today, come on and take the game to Palace. Prove that he's worthy of a place.

All of memory was that shite free kick. Compare him to Barnes, and he's not fit to clean Barnes' boots. 

Him stood as if he was defending our corner was the highlight for me..... 

Thauvin would not be a good signing in my opinion. Yes he has a good record in France but at 27 his next contract will be a big one. He will either sign for a consistent champions league side or go somewhere for money, and with a player like him having a bad spell in England already that could leave us with a big problem if it doesn't work out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’ll get slated for saying this no doubt but I would genuinely take a look at Jack Wilshere on a trial basis to see if he is worthy of a short term contract if we want to go cheap with it. He would cost nothing and we don’t need him to be a star, we simply need someone who can make our midfield tick in the absence of Tielemans and Wilshere could do that until Kiernan-DH comes back next summer. 

Certainly wouldn’t get slated by me, I’ve posted my thoughts on him a few times as if fit and firing he’s some player.

Whilst he’s now free of injury unfortunately it would take many games to get him back in the swing

Personally can't see us signing anyone of note in January

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I wonder if the balance needed on the right to match Barnes on the left could be provided by young jj... Once pereira n castagne are back, I can see them slowly holding down the wing back positions.. But jj for me has been the stand out player so far.. Offers a lot going forward, link up and distribution has been great can take a player on with ease, has a trick or two and would willingly track back ... If we don't bring anyone in, then he's got to be worth a shout surely.? 

Perez isn't consistent, under struggles with fitness and although I'm a huge fan of praet, he isn't a winger and doesn't have an engine like Justin does... Just a thought anyway

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Personally can't see us signing anyone of note in January

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I wonder if the balance needed on the right to match Barnes on the left could be provided by young jj... Once pereira n castagne are back, I can see them slowly holding down the wing back positions.. But jj for me has been the stand out player so far.. Offers a lot going forward, link up and distribution has been great can take a player on with ease, has a trick or two and would willingly track back ... If we don't bring anyone in, then he's got to be worth a shout surely.? 

Perez isn't consistent, under struggles with fitness and although I'm a huge fan of praet, he isn't a winger and doesn't have an engine like Justin does... Just a thought anyway

I think we will, just one, but I think we will sneak a property naughty signing over the line.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Wouldn't be objective to that 

I'd be happy to get rid of all the deadwood too

Easier said than done ; No-one is taking on Nacho at 55 a week plus his transfer fee. It's what happens when you do a bad deal, you live with it for quite some time.

Just now, gurru991 said:

Easier said than done ; No-one is taking on Nacho at 55 a week plus his transfer fee. It's what happens when you do a bad deal, you live with it for quite some time.

I was thinking more slimani and gray to be honest 

Hopefully we can move nacho and perez on in the summer... But we will need them until them I think

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Shame isn't it? 

We all saw the potential, player brought back from the outside to hit the winner. But as with many times, that's all he is. Potential that never seems to develop.

Gray has, at times, seemed to take his position in the squad for granted and doesn't seem to have grasped any chances given to him. 

Contrast that with Chilwell who was very public in talking about his need to be fitter and working on it over the course of a summer. 

Obviously, natural talent comes into it but its interesting how Gray has stalled and others surpassed him.