Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we can get Slimani gone and Milik looks like he will leave in January then I think we'll push for him. Can't risk waiting until the summer and missing him for a third time.

Milik blows very hot and cold

Superb one week, looks lost the next

On his day though, really good 

If it would only cost a portion of his wage I’d try and get Ozil on loan.

Not going to kick a ball there regardless of how poor they are and could help us unlock tight defences who sit back against us.

Will probably get slaughtered for this but a player of his type is the immediate thing we are missing (especially when Maddison is not on it) 

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Not going to kick a ball there regardless of how poor they are and could help us unlock tight defences who sit back against us.

Will probably get slaughtered for this but a player of his type is the immediate thing we are missing (especially when Maddison is not on it) 

I can see the logic but, personally, this only works if

- he's fit
- the finances work
- there's somebody on the other end who can put the ball in the net

If Vardy's out then we will struggle massively. I'd favour a proper second striker, instead of Nacho. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

I can see the logic but, personally, this only works if

- he's fit
- the finances work
- there's somebody on the other end who can put the ball in the net

If Vardy's out then we will struggle massively. I'd favour a proper second striker, instead of Nacho. 

There is literally zero logic to signing Ozil. 

He's a liability both on and off the field

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Slaughtered is the least of it. Watch Tielemans our next match.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The ideal back up striker for us, a game changer who can play in a front two as well. Still only 26.

I think you'd be wholly disappointed by him. Remember watching him at Euro 2016 where he couldn't hit a barn door. We need a proper alternative to Vardy that doesn't require us to change our play, someone with pace.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I think you'd be wholly disappointed by him. Remember watching him at Euro 2016 where he couldn't hit a barn door. We need a proper alternative to Vardy that doesn't require us to change our play, someone with pace.

The issue with having a like for like alternative is you can only ever play 1 at a time and try keeping the alternative remotely happy. Milik and Vardy as a pairing would work, plus he can play up top on his own. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Never going to happen. Closest we could get is someone who works hard up the top end, defends from the front, get them young and teach them the rest.

I did hear of some guy.....from....Holstein Kiel I think...... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We should absolutely be looking at Metheus Cunha from Hertha. Can cover 3 positions we lack cover in (CAM, LW, CF)

Still young, and would end our record on never signing a Brazilian. 

We should literally sign him BECAUSE he’s Brazilian

It’s about time we had another player who can do 10 step overs before falling flat on his arris

👍

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Never going to happen. Closest we could get is someone who works hard up the top end, defends from the front, get them young and teach them the rest.

I did hear of some guy.....from....Holstein Kiel I think...... :ph34r:

No goals this season in the 2nd tier of German football is a concern though! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We should absolutely be looking at Metheus Cunha from Hertha. Can cover 3 positions we lack cover in (CAM, LW, CF)

Still young, and would end our record on never signing a Brazilian. 

YES. Lad will be unreal. 

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue with having a like for like alternative is you can only ever play 1 at a time and try keeping the alternative remotely happy. Milik and Vardy as a pairing would work, plus he can play up top on his own. 

Vardy hasn't worked as a pair since he's been here, he only started scoring regularly for us since being the lone front man. You may say he played as a pair with Nugent and Okazaki but they played a much withdrawn role between midfield and attack which helped get the best out of Vardy. He struggled in 2014 after promotion as Ulloa was brought in as that lone front man - only towards the end of the season did he regain his goal touch when he started to take up that central role again.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Vardy hasn't worked as a pair since he's been here, he only started scoring regularly for us since being the lone front man. You may say he played as a pair with Nugent and Okazaki but they played a much withdrawn role between midfield and attack which helped get the best out of Vardy. He struggled in 2014 after promotion as Ulloa was brought in as that lone front man - only towards the end of the season did he regain his goal touch when he started to take up that central role again.

Scored goals alongside Iheanacho and Perez in recent seasons. A front 2 in the modern game is often a support striker in a withdrawn role, which Milik can play. NEXT

• Haha 2