Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The one we should have gone for was Folarin Balogun from Arsenal, I suggested him last summer when Brentford were linked. Arsenal wanted up to £8m including various add ins which put Brentford off and they went for Toney instead.

Good shout Ric they are very similar players either would be perfect additions for the long term.

Both have great pace and like to sit on the shoulder of the last man, they both show they can make those runs in the channels and have technical ability, all very Vardy esq. I went for Eddie as he’s obviously further down the line in progression and he does look a little more refined than Folarin imo.

I would imagine Arteta will be looking at both as his front pair / part of a 3 once he gets rid of the dross and has time to shape his squad so probably pipe dream on either sadly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Adama Traore is a routinely average footballer who had a purple patch a while ago, be a monumentally underwhelming signing

Honestly amazed anyone would even suggest it. 

Hasn't had a goal contribution in about 20+  games. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, frany104 said:

It’s always about goals and assists. Look at the space her creates for others. He’s constantly doubled up on and that would help Maddison and Barnes no end. Having some like Traore in your side is so threatening. 

oppo full backs wouldn’t bomb on knowing they can’t leave their side of the pitch exposed.

I'm afraid it is about goals and assists when it comes to wingers with us, as all of ours are very erratic and we have been striving to find one who brings 15-20+ goal contributions a season for us to progress.

24 minutes ago, frany104 said:

It’s always about goals and assists. Look at the space her creates for others. He’s constantly doubled up on and that would help Maddison and Barnes no end. Having some like Traore in your side is so threatening. 

oppo full backs wouldn’t bomb on knowing they can’t leave their side of the pitch exposed.

He's so threatening the mid table also-rans he plays for don't even bother starting him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MPH said:

i think we’ll have more luck changing our system than we will finding a replacement for Vardy...

Every player can be replaced. Some take longer than others. Kante goes, we signed Ndidi 6 months later and never looked back. Mahrez goes, we've been through Ghezzal, Gray, Perez, Under. 

Ollie Watkins would have been a good signing but unfortunately that ship has sailed now.

39 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Traore is a shit footballer. 

He will thrive in a limited team in the bottom half (Palace, Newcastle) but totally useless in a team like ours who try to play progressive passing football.

3 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Sarr from Watford, pay what it takes. His potential is scary. 

I'm not sure we need a direct replacement for Vardy, not yet anyway. An interchanging front three of Barnes - Sarr - Under would score goals IMO. 

Plus that way we'd have a player on the bench we could utilise in any of the attacking three positions, rather than having someone sitting around waiting for JV to retire. 

Rapid and has the occasional flash of brilliance but, also often looks clumsy and out of control. A better built and faster Paolo Wonchope 🤣🤣. Perhaps a tad unfair but I can't help but laugh when I think of him, he was quite unplayable really in fairness because even he didn't know what he was about to do, if legs could have tourettes, then his did. 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Sarr from Watford, pay what it takes. His potential is scary. 

I'm not sure we need a direct replacement for Vardy, not yet anyway. An interchanging front three of Barnes - Sarr - Under would score goals IMO. 

Plus that way we'd have a player on the bench we could utilise in any of the attacking three positions, rather than having someone sitting around waiting for JV to retire. 

He's a powerful pacey winger who can be v effective in a counter attack system but needs to improve his end product especially crossing when playing out on the wide right.

Liverpool were v interested in him last Summer but Watfords asking price of 40 mill ended their interest. Maybe his price would come down if Watford fail to secure promotion this season and he tries to force a move. 

A lot will depend on how Under does in the second half of the season as he looks more of a player who can go past opposition defenders who sit deep with his dribbling skill and can also put a decent cross in. 

11 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I mean he looks like a great finisher, but it's so hard to tell how good he is against some absolutely diabolical defending lol

Being at the front of that Human Centipede celebration is a sign of someone who is highly regarded by his teammates

• Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Can we just skip the middle man and ask Brentford who they're gonna sign as their next striker?

I hear its a little known Mo Salah

21 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

They’ve just given the chap a new contract Forss

I think they've offered him a contract but I don't think he's signed (apologies if I'm wrong). This lad is a talent, would be a good option for us.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Christian Eriksen on loan in January with us paying 50% of his £190k a week wages. Eriksen does well and Inter gets a good fee for him in the summer. Everybody's a winner.

Not realistic, but what a player he would be in our setup. He's got a great engine on him as well. Amazed he's been discarded so easily at Inter