Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

It’s November 2020 - Will we see fans in stadiums this season?

It’s November 2020, will we see fans at games this season?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Will the premier league allow fans at games this season?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/20 at 23:13

7 months since the first lockdown & going into this 2nd one we seem to have made no progress. It would be no surprise if we have made no progress in another 7 months & further lockdowns will be ordered next Spring. If that is the case there will be very few leisure establishments left anyway.

There appears to be no solution to this & I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never go on holiday again, never go to football again & probably never go to the pub again.

No. Football fans will be last on the Government's list of priorities.

Look at the absolute farce around people being allowed to watch matches in stadium bars with curtains closed so you can't see the pitch, the nonsense around "elite" sport where Conference South games can't have spectators.

We're just not that important to the Government.

Given I think this lockdown wont do what is hoped for which means it will take much longer to raise confidence, I think there is very little chance of attended games this season.  Also a fair few of us havent been out of lockdown since the first national one, as the city has been in some kind of lockdown since then.

Edited by Chrysalis

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say I'm very surprised by the announcement today regarding fans returning. Lockdown 2 hasn't ended and cases are still very high in many areas. I thought fans returning would be well down the agenda. 

It'll be interesting to see how many tier 2 areas there are on Thursday. 

On 02/11/2020 at 08:30, Danny Clender said:

I think the government will want to get people back in stadiums as soon as possible to gain a tenuous tick in their "How we handled Corona" for's column. 

It will be purely a political statement, so I've voted yes. 

Prescient.

I also predict that getting people back in so soon will be a disaster but it will be swept under the rug as the other guaranteed disasters of their vaccine rollout and Brexit deal will dominate the spotlight over the next couple of months.

You can't say this government isn't consistant.

• Like 2

I would have thought that having 4000 fans inside a stadium isn't sufficient enough to cover the operating costs so suspect few will open their doors in Tier 1. I'd be amazed if any Tier 2s allowed fans back in as it seems a pointless exercise. 

Also not sure how the PL will manage this. Surely teams in Tier 3 will kick up a fuss if fans aren't allowed in their grounds but opposition in lower tiers are. Could make a big difference to those teams down near the bottom of the league and poses an unfair advantage both in terms of on pitch performance and commercial revenue. 

To be honest when a team with a 4000 fan capacity can have 2000 fans in is that really fair to the bigger teams with bigger grounds to only have 2000 fans into the stadium, and logistically & financially would it be worth it to the club & how will they fairly allocate the tickets then there’s the restrictions no singing or chanting no refreshments ?

So i for one will hang on till we can experience the KP how we love it !