Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

It’s November 2020 - Will we see fans in stadiums this season?

It’s November 2020, will we see fans at games this season?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Will the premier league allow fans at games this season?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/20 at 23:13

We are about to enter lockdown 2, and the much talked about ballot ticket system for reduced crowds seems a distant memory. 

For me, it seems unlikely that we will see any fans at games this season, though perhaps at the very end of the season it might be possible to sneak one or two games in. 

Cases would have to be lower, presumably than they were in August and presumably there would need to be some hope that spectator sports wouldn’t cause a surge in cases. 

I don’t see it happening I’m afraid!

What do you think? If I remember to, I’ll run the same poll in the new year. 

I've thought all along we'd have fans back because of local football carrying on and things like the theatre and some horse racing being held, but I think now it'll be the very very last thing to open up, as long as they're playing games the Government won't care.

I think we'll see some fans attend PL games at some point, but it'll only be a few thousand, like 10/15% of capacity.

Not at all. Can't see it happening. Even when cases went down they could still only muster up a few 'test events' and didn't really see the feedback or outcomes from those. 

They've treated football fans like shit on the bottom of someone's shoe so with cases probably continuing to rise until Feb/March after winter finishes, it'll be too soon to say there'll be fans allowed by May. 

The total incompetence of this government means surely not. I want to be positive but it's getting harder.

One things for sure, I cannot wait for the day. Club Foot came on in the gym yesterday and I genuinely nearly started crying 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

If the 15 min test proves to be ok then I can see a limited number with negative test evidence allowing home fans in, probably just some ST holders..

Maybe clubs will stump up the money and test centres to make it happen.

• Like 1

I don’t see it myself. I’d even go as far to say there’s more chance of no fans again next season than there is of any fans going this season. I just think the Government are so inept and the scientist will be against it big time. Can see this rubbish dragging on for years now. 

Nah.

Cant see the winter being much different from the summer (worse if anything), so wouldnt be surprised to see us in a third lockdown by March/April. Hopefully that coincides with a vaccine being produced, although that'll take months to distribute (which a 3rd lockdown will simplify) and a few more months to see what effect it has on the virus/infection rate. With all that said and done, it'd likely be mid-summer next year by the time things start going back to normal (hopefully), so I can't see fans being back in stadiums any time in 20/21. Maybe a few lower-league post-season trial games in May-June to see how things can work in practice.