Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Sounds Like Nigel Pearson Has Long Covid

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Nigel Pearson

Claudio Ranieri

MON

Brendan Rodgers

The 4 most influential managers we've had in my lifetime, in that order. 

O'Neill was the most- his work enabled us to get trophies, increase the profile and a new stadium. Pearson then led us to the Premier League which in turn brought in Ranieri without upheaval of the staff and the title win and Champions League attracted Rodgers and some quality players.

I think it's a chain really. All have played a huge part.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

O'Neill was the most- his work enabled us to get trophies, increase the profile and a new stadium. Pearson then led us to the Premier League which in turn brought in Ranieri without upheaval of the staff and the title win and Champions League attracted Rodgers and some quality players.

I think it's a chain really. All have played a huge part.

It’s almost as like Oprah is dishing out good manager skills and those 4 were in the crowd 

Give Nige a reasonable budget and control of any play-related department of the club (i.e. sports science/psychology) and he’ll instil a winning mentality and loyalty into your squad. It’s a shame far too many owners are scared to hand over that control or give the time and rescources necessary. Any employer worth their salt doing their research at his job at Leicester or even his job at Watford in the short term would tell you that. He’s the exact manager many clubs in this era of football are screaming out for and he’s overlooked because of his prickly media persona (which he’s acknowledged and worked on since his spell with us). More fool them.

• Like 2

On 06/11/2020 at 13:16, Sampson said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11686/12124344/nigel-pearson-my-battle-against-covid-19-leaving-watford-and-desire-to-return-to-the-game

Can't copy the article on my tablet but sounds like he's been quite ill battling it since he caught it in March. :(

My mate and Colleague at the Hospital  I work at also has it he was on news night the other week talking about his symptoms it’s an awful side effect of this dreadful Virus that some still think is fake, can’t believe Phil is so Ill still since May/June he looks so different to the bloke I was working with in April with Covid Patients he was such a fit bloke cycling miles and miles a week now he sounds like an old bloke out of breath can hardly walk!

So knowing how this affects people the way it does no knowing if they’ll have after effects or knowing if they’ll ever get back to how they were I wish THE BIG MAN Nigel Pearson all the best and a speedy recovery Hoping my mate also kicks this soon !!

Be safe Foxes Family  !!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

He's so intelligent in a non football sense, he could go into politics and do well I reckon.

I like blokes who are plain and clear spoken. Another one is the chef Marco Pierre White. If anyone is interested watch a Q&A of him on YouTube he is very introspective like our Nige.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

My mate and Colleague at the Hospital  I work at also has it he was on news night the other week talking about his symptoms it’s an awful side effect of this dreadful Virus that some still think is fake, can’t believe Phil is so Ill still since May/June he looks so different to the bloke I was working with in April with Covid Patients he was such a fit bloke cycling miles and miles a week now he sounds like an old bloke out of breath can hardly walk!

So knowing how this affects people the way it does no knowing if they’ll have after effects or knowing if they’ll ever get back to how they were I wish THE BIG MAN Nigel Pearson all the best and a speedy recovery Hoping my mate also kicks this soon !!

Be safe Foxes Family  !!

i don't think anyone believes it's fake at this stage. just the sanctions being put in place to deal with it far outweigh the actual danger of it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

i don't think anyone believes it's fake at this stage. just the sanctions being put in place to deal with it far outweigh the actual danger of it. 

You should feel yourself lucky having never had to hear Pierce Corbyn speak.

57 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Pearson gets his name back out there over the weekend and now Sheffield Wednesday sack Monk.

Nige would surely have had his fill with the Pozzos at Watford.  Given that he is learning to ride horseback at his second home in Devon, he can clearly afford not to sign for another foreign owner who's driving his club in every direction but up.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Excellent podcast with Nigel getting in depth on man management, constantly learning etc etc

Really enjoyed this and under 40 minutes so not too draining.

https://leadersinsport.com/performance/podcast-the-leaders-state-of-play-series-nigel-pearson/

An excellent listen.

As a club we owe NP an awful lot of thanks. He began the overhaul, with our owners, which has allowed us to build upwards to where we are now.

• Like 1