Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

I Was There!

I have so many I was there moments watching City over the past 48 years but a somewhat unique one was Millwall away in November 2002.

Leicester fans were bizarrely banned from attending as a 'punishment' to Millwall for some previous crowd trouble at their ground. My brother who lived on the outskirts of London managed to get hold of a couple of tickets, so down we went.

It is very difficult sitting on your hands when we score twice in the opening two minutes. Then Brian Deane gets himself sent off for an altercation with Dennis Wise and Millwall get it back to 2-2. The home fans singing loudly and monotonously 'Dennis wants his money, Dennis wants his money' was rather galling to say the least. In injury time we get a penalty which should win us the game but Muzzy fails to convert it, which in hindsight was probably a good thing.

Anyway we managed to get in and out unscathed.

Did anyone else on here manage to attend this game?

I've never been a season ticket holder but have been very fortunate to have been to some very iconic games.

The 3-2 win over Norwich with David Nish in charge just before MON took over.

The very dramatic 3-3 League Cup QF against Fulham which we won on penalties. 

The 5-2 Collymore hat-trick game against Sunderland.

The 1-0 against Leeds which all but sealed promotion back to the Championship from League One.

I'm sure many of you were here for this one, but I can't believe this wasn't posted yet!

Quite simply the most fantastic, most surreal, most amazing footballing day ever! Probably in my top 5 memories of all time! The whole day was just the most incredible thing to be part of. I remember after Wes lifted the trophy all of the cannons going off and firing confetti and sparkles into the air, and smelling the fresh gunpowder in the air. I remember Top hogging the trophy as they lapped the stadium at the end like he'd won the thing himself! I remember Fuchs coming out right at the end with his son and playing by the Premier League champions banner. There are so many more amazing things related to that day too, but what a day it was!

In these trying times I often think back to this day because no matter how down I feel, just thinking about it cheers me right up!

And one more day I was a part of in the same season was this one:

I remember traveling up for this one with a sense of both excitement and anxiety. Get a draw here and the Champions League was on, I don't think anyone really thought the title was possible though we might go close. But well... what an amazing day! Despite the moody weather and the lack of Man City fans in the empty-had, the Foxes went ballistic! I remember after Huth scored for 3-1, there was a guy that was so jubilant he slipped on the stairs and banged his head and it looked quite bad... but he just got back up and went "****ing hell!!!" and everyone just started cheering and hugging one another again! That was the day where we all believed it would be our season, and of course it was. I was so over the moon that when I got back home and went to the pub with my friends, I brought rounds all night for them all and I didn't care! History in the making was happening!

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Middlesbrough at home in the snow. One of my favourite games 

Yep. Our bus got stuck so had to basically walk from Wigston to get there- also saw a bendy bus jacknife and smash into a couple of cars on Welford Road. 

Despite how many people were there, at the time it was one of the better atmospheres we'd had since we moved from Filbert Street.  

• Like 1

I was also sat in the Man City end when we beat them 3-1 at the Etihad when we won the league. Quite a few of my best memories have been sat with the opposition supporters. Also sat in the Burnley end when Maguire got sent off and Morgan won it for us in the last minute. Wasnt a hugely meaningful win in terms of success that season, but i just remember looking across seeing all our fans going wild when Morgan scored and me and my nephew just sat quietly surrounded by some very angry Burnley fans 

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Swindon away, 0-0. Brian Little's first game. Directly jumpstarted an upward trajectory after years of downward spiral. 

Charlton away, 0-1. The start of the aggressive, siege mentality of O'Neill

First time in a long time that we saw a team play for the shirt.  Felt like a win on the day.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Dartford Town an away friendly

Selhurst Park, when we played Wimbledon and there were more away supporters than home ones, naked geezer ran on the pitch, with Wimbledon my ars on his butt

Wasn't that Maidstone, playing at Dartford's ground?  Kitson scored the only goal?

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Anybody go to that game where one of our fans lobbed something at the opposition keeper and knocked him out? FA cup game IIRC

Yep, was there at Derbys Baseball ground v Burton. Won it 6-1 but were ordered to replay behind close doors. Won it 1-0 i think. Central News at the time reported that a 6 inch piece of wood was thrown at the keeper and knocked him out briefly. I was right behind the goal and dont remember seeing any large objects in the vicinity.

• Like 2

Clarkie's last-gasp winner against WBA in the semi at Hillsborough prompted wild scenes in our end (Leppings Lane). Lost my train ticket home and ended up thumbing it. Took hours to get a lift (from Tinsley), and I was broke hungry and cold. 

Don't think I've ever been happier! 

• Like 2