Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

I Was There!

The FA Cup game vs Shrewsbury is definitely mine. Gary Lineker says it was his favourite game at Filbert Street and it

was described in a recent(ish) Merc article as the most exciting game ever at the old ground. It really was an incredible day!

Not only was I there, but I was also on the pitch before the game in an inter-school penalty competition, and we used the warm up area

near the changing rooms to get dressed afterwards. It was brilliant to be among the players as they were getting ready for the game!

I think my name (and my team mates) was in the match day program too, but my mum chucked it out a few years later when she decided to

clear out the attic!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaddyS said:

The FA Cup game vs Shrewsbury is definitely mine. Gary Lineker says it was his favourite game at Filbert Street and it

was described in a recent(ish) Merc article as the most exciting game ever at the old ground. It really was an incredible day!

Not only was I there, but I was also on the pitch before the game in an inter-school penalty competition, and we used the warm up area

near the changing rooms to get dressed afterwards. It was brilliant to be among the players as they were getting ready for the game!

I think my name (and my team mates) was in the match day program too, but my mum chucked it out a few years later when she decided to

clear out the attic!

One of my faves. Ten million goalies in first half. 

The last game I could get to in the 15/16 season was Spurs away to see Robert Huth's goal. That was special.

Cardiff away in 2010 for one of the worst yet proud feelings I've had post-match.

The last game at Filbert Street.

The other Cardiff away game in 09/10 with Robbie Neilson playing left back doing a tremendous twenty point turn so he could play the ball with his right foot.

Notts County away in the Zenith Data cup, pouring rain, football special train, police horses at the station, would the game be on..... we took loads that night as we were starved of any success.

Barnsley away when Joachim scored his wonder goal in the FA cup.

Bergkamp hat trick game with Walshie equalising at the death.

Hillsborough when we finally got to lift a trophy, Pontus had Juninho in his pocket.

Palace, Derby, Swindon, Spurs at Wembley 

Going further back.

Southampton home when it monsooned it down, Lynex did his swim and the game was abandoned.

Twice on the pitch, the first time being the promotion under Jock Wallace, maybe a draw against Burnley, and again vs Oxford when a Tony James goal kept us from being relegated.

Memories like that show how far we have come! 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

3 hours ago, davieG said:

This just popped up on my Facebook page.

125964943_10221238679894777_3747723687491150883_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=14DBdz7gMisAX-cfz9T&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=30b0bde36ade9a3bd2ee60de97efa347&oe=5FD9F5BD

More details here - https://www.11v11.com/matches/leicester-city-v-west-ham-united-27-august-1966-78885/ and here - https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/browse/?season=1966

I was there, first Home Match after the '66 World Cup the WHU team include Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters, and with Gordan Banks paraded the World Cup before KO.

Have you got an 'I Was There' LCFC event that was particularly memorable?

No you wasnt