Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Braga v Leicester City(26/11/2020) 17.55 kick off

Kasper

JJ

Fofana

Evans

Thomas

Mendy

Praet

Maddison

Ünder

Vardy

Barnes

Youri needs a rest for sure. Evans too potentially but if we play 2 at CB, as I hope we do, then I’m not sure I’d want big Wes in there. Thomas over Fuchs is a debatable one, but Luke won’t improve as much as we’d like him to without games.

Other than that... full strength, get at them, and let’s get this group wrapped up!

• Like 3

Only Kasper, Vardy, Fofana, Tielemans and on current form Mendy and maybe Justin are what we'd call full strength. The rest are open to discussion and depends who we are player. 

It really depends on what formation we're going for. If we go back 5:

Kasper

Fofana

Evans

Fuchs

Justin

Tielemans

Mendy

Thomas

Praet 

Vardy

Barnes 

I think we still with it for this but I'd like see us try the 433 again, maybe against Fulham. Allows to get the extra attacking player in. 

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah sorry, I'd just put Inter and Leipzig and then remembered Ajax and Atalanta are in the same group as Liverpool so one of them will finish 2nd and the other 3rd. Inter and Leipzig could well bomb out of Europe all together which would be nice. Spurs will take some beating this season as Mourinho is a master bit it would be nice if they are going for the title and if we aren't that we do them in Europe. Would be glorious.

What's funny is that it now possible (although highly improbable) that Liverpool finish 3rd in their group.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Kasper

JJ

Fofana

Evans

Thomas

Mendy

Praet

Maddison

Ünder

Vardy

Barnes

Youri needs a rest for sure. Evans too potentially but if we play 2 at CB, as I hope we do, then I’m not sure I’d want big Wes in there. Thomas over Fuchs is a debatable one, but Luke won’t improve as much as we’d like him to without games.

Other than that... full strength, get at them, and let’s get this group wrapped up!

This ^^ would love us to go back to the 4-3-3. Glad we’ve got a good other option with the 3/5 atb, but over the next couple of weeks with the fixtures we’ve got think we will need the extra attacking player (ie. Ünder) instead of an extra CB. 

Either way hope we put out a fairly strong side, get back to winning ways and wrap up the group tonight and can then start to rest a few more players/ ease in Timmy, Ricky, Ndidi and maybe Söyüncü in the other EL games.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Away from home where a point will be a good result

we’ve been playing five atb for weeks now 

why do people think we will go to a back four ??

Think it maybe more of a desire. We do look fantastic with forward thinking football when we go four. With five things for me appear to just slow down ... we get results with five but the football suffers. For me ... I prefer results. Would love to get a balance somehow. 

Edited by casablancas

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Away from home where a point will be a good result

we’ve been playing five atb for weeks now 

why do people think we will go to a back four ??

My thinking would be to get the players back used to playing a formation we're more likely to play when back to full strength

UEFA have the bench as Ward, Jakupovic, Fofana, Morgan, Tielemans, Vardy, Maddison, Perez and Mendy.

I therefore make the team this?:

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Fuchs

Albrighton Choudhury Praet Thomas

Under Iheanacho Barnes

Edit: Confirmed

Edited by jeffschlupp

7 hours ago, urban fox said:

People disregarding this competition need to remember that realistically we have a better shot at CL by winning this than we do of finishing top 4. That is not to say that we should not be challenging in the league also.

I feel it’s the other way round, and checked fivethirtyeight.  They give us a six times bigger chance of making the next year’s CL via PL top four than via winning the EL.  Seems about right to me.

1302411399_ourchances.JPG.912686298e19efb71b9bf98b98887d7f.JPG