Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Braga v Leicester City(26/11/2020) 17.55 kick off

exactly as @webbo says above, it would be great to stitch this game up and allow some rotation for the remaining games in the competition and help are position in the league.

Easier said than done. 

I would like to see us use something based around the 4-3-3 / 4-1-4-1 / 4-2-3-1 formations again.

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Fofana Castagne

Tielemans Mendy Praet

Under Vardy Barnes

Maddison on later in the game. 

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do braga have a decent euro home record ?  Something in the back of mind tells me that they do ...

Its not bad I went through their past 18 home games. 

They've Won 14 Drew 4 and Lost 4. Europe League only though. Can't really remember them in the CL? 

Soccerway my source - https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2020/11/26/europe/uefa-cup/sporting-braga/leicester-city-fc/3404189/

Evans and Tielemans definitely need a rest. Did anyone else not see Vardy limping off at the end last night? I’d rest him too even if as a precaution.

Schmeichel

Fofana

Morgan

Fuchs

Albrighton/JJ (45 each)

Choudhury

Praet

Thomas

Under

Iheanacho

Perez

Give the front 3 some minutes and bring on Maddison/Barnes later on. If Castagne/Ricardo are available try and get them some minutes too. Make use of the 5 subs rule to bed them back in 

38 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Its not bad I went through their past 18 home games. 

They've Won 14 Drew 4 and Lost 4. Europe League only though. Can't really remember them in the CL? 

Soccerway my source - https://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2020/11/26/europe/uefa-cup/sporting-braga/leicester-city-fc/3404189/

..numbers don't add up!!!

• Haha 3

Be tempted to give Danny Ward a game and leave Kasper at home.

Picked up a knock while away with Denmark and took a few blows last night, resulting in his kicking going back to the way it was a few seasons ago!

Otherwise full strength and take advantage of the 5 subs if we're winning after 60

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

Castagne won’t play. 

Kasper 

Justin 

Fofana

Morgan

Fuchs

Thomas

Choudhury

Praet

Maddison

Under 

Iheanacho

I hope Timmy's OK?

My team, if* he's fit, would be

Ward

Justin 

Fofana

Fuchs

Castagne

Mendy

Choudhury

Thomas

Praet

Perez

Iheanacho.

Evans stays at home, Youri travels but hopefully doesn't play. Ricardo to get 15-20 minutes for Timmy if at all possible.

*if not, same back three and WBs as you

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

I hope Timmy's OK?

My team, if* he's fit, would be

Ward

Justin 

Fofana

Fuchs

Castagne

Mendy

Choudhury

Thomas

Praet

Perez

Iheanacho.

Evans stays at home, Youri travels but hopefully doesn't play. Ricardo to get 15-20 minutes for Timmy if at all possible.

*if not, same back three and WBs as you

Brendan said last night that he “hopes he’s ok for Fulham” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think rotation is important not just to rest our over worked players, but to give fringe players game time, as more of them will be needed in the weeks up to early January. I'd hope Big Wes can start all three Europa games to protect Jonny, also hoping Caglar might be first team ready by roughly mid December. Similarly I'd hope Kelechi, Hamza and Cengiz can start all 3. And if we can beat Braga this week, Ayoze can also play the final two Europa games to try and help him find some form and confidence. 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 22:42, Angus Scott said:

I doubt that 10 points will win the group, especially as Braga will have 7

10 points means we only have to beat one of Zorya or AEK to win it as our head to head in this instance would beat Braga. If we don't lose in Portugal, I will be amazed if we don't win the group.

I’m beginning to become uncomfortable with the 5 at the back malarkey. We didn’t start playing football until the subs in the last 30 mins in the game against Liverpool.

It also makes Madders and Vardy anonymous in forward positions and rely solely on Albrighton and Fuchs who I love deeply but are now of reserve/squad non starting quality in the tough fixtures though it pains me to say it.

The sooner we go 4 at the back and play Tim and Ric as full backs and Fof and Soy sandwiched in the middle of them the better.

I’d like to see Under get a full 90 on Thursday or against Fulham.

Id like to see Barnes be sent away to a residential first touch and shooting school somewhere for at least a month and I still want us to buy a left sided forward/winger to give him some real competition in January.

• Like 2

Exactly the same team as played in the first game please, we looked comfortably better than them and gives both Vardy and Evans a break, whilst getting some minutes into under, Thomas and Iheanacho.

Over there will be a little tougher but we can do the job, wrap up the group and then play the youth team in the last 2 - particularly the trip to the Ukraine. No first team players should need to travel if we win this game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

I’m beginning to become uncomfortable with the 5 at the back malarkey. We didn’t start playing football until the subs in the last 30 mins in the game against Liverpool.

It also makes Madders and Vardy anonymous in forward positions and rely solely on Albrighton and Fuchs who I love deeply but are now of reserve/squad non starting quality in the tough fixtures though it pains me to say it.

The sooner we go 4 at the back and play Tim and Ric as full backs and Fof and Soy sandwiched in the middle of them the better.

I’d like to see Under get a full 90 on Thursday or against Fulham.

Id like to see Barnes be sent away to a residential first touch and shooting school somewhere for at least a month and I still want us to buy a left sided forward/winger to give him some real competition in January.

I’ve been uncomfortable with it pretty much from its unveiling.  I don’t like it with our personnel, even when Cags is back.  We’re better with a back four.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 22:42, Angus Scott said:

I doubt that 10 points will win the group, especially as Braga will have 7

There's not a chance we lose away in Ukraine and at home to Athens though. A point wouldn't be a bad result as its the hardest game of the 6 and seldom do teams wins all 6 in their European group games. That said I think we know and can beat them at their gaff.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I’ve been uncomfortable with it pretty much from its unveiling.  I don’t like it with our personnel, even when Cags is back.  We’re better with a back four.

Its good in certain situations, such as against the teams we've notoriously struggled against in the past. We systematically took Man City, Leeds and Braga apart with it and did a number on two teams who we were often clueless against in Arsenal at their place and Wolves at home. Whether that's the system or just good execution and performances from players but I think it should be reserved for some games and let's not forget we have been horrid playing 4-1-4-1 at times too, see West Ham and Villa at home this season and possibly one of the biggest reasons he went to 3 at the back again with Ndidi out.

These looked a very good technical footballing side but they just didn't have an answer for our power and pace, especially Barnes. 

I think we can afford to play more on the counter against these, Vardy and Barnes could have a field day and it's more keeping their confidence up after Sunday if anything else. 

I wouldn't be resting anyone for this, I would make a few changes to freshen it up after Sunday though. Win this and we can put a complete reserve side out against Zorya and AEK.

I don't think Braga threatened too much at all at ours, looked slow up top.

Kasper

Fofana Morgan Evans

Justin                                   Thomas

Youri       Mendy

Maddison             Barnes

Vardy