Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Best Game Soundtrack

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not a soundtrack as such but I don't think this will ever leave me. One of the greatest games ever.

Looking back, it was such a massive leap forwards for console FPSes. The gameplay (by and large) and mechanics used are pretty much still the go-to's that we see today

And that menu music was brilliant, really subtle but effective

Also while we're doing one offs:

I didn't care how long the loading times were with a tune that fresh

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 3

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Looking back, it was such a massive leap forwards for console FPSes. The gameplay (by and large) and mechanics used are pretty much still the go-to's that we see today

And that menu music was brilliant, really subtle but effective

The difference between cod 3 and 4 was huge. 

The multiplayer was great, amazing variety of maps, loads of weapons, great factions, classic game modes - it was easy to play as well. I get a bit fed up of having to learn all sorts of metas and keep up with updates just to know how to compete at a baseline level with most games now.

The campaign was a masterpiece too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The difference between cod 3 and 4 was huge. 

The multiplayer was great, amazing variety of maps, loads of weapons, great factions, classic game modes - it was easy to play as well. I get a bit fed up of having to learn all sorts of metas and keep up with updates just to know how to compete at a baseline level with most games now.

The campaign was a masterpiece too.

COD3 was a weird one - from what I remember, COD2 had sold much better than expected so Activision told Infinity Ward that they needed to make 1 COD every year. IW told Activision that wasn't possible, so Activision gave the rights for the additional games (starting with COD3) to Treyarch. Infinity Ward didn't want the engine they'd made being used by other people so Treyarch fudged it, as a result COD3 played like garbage compared to COD2

Since World at War (Treyarch's 2nd COD), IW have let them use the engine, but it's so apparent to me the massive gap in quality between IW and Treyarch.

Black Ops was good but the frame rate seemed so rough and the animations were terrible compared to the previous year's Modern Warfare 2. 

The only COD games that I can think of that are exceptions to this rule are COD: Ghosts (Infinity Ward) and COD Advanced Warfare

Ghosts I think was developed at a time of turmoil at IW, and the game was rubbish compared to MW3. The only thing it had going for it was the idea of dynamic multiplayer maps (where a bomb would go off and physically alter the layout of a map during a match, or a bunker opening up etc)

Advanced Warfare is the only non-IW COD that I really enjoyed and seemed to have the quality of an Infinity Ward game - but that was developed solely by Sledgehammer

Interestingly, Quantum of Solace (game) was also developed by Treyarch and released just before World at War using the IW engine. Because of its release date I think it sold really poorly but I much preferred it to World at War. Played like COD but had some brilliant game types that weren't just deathmatch/capture the flag etc, introduced cover mechanics and a bit of stealth. Some of the maps were pretty cool too

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

COD3 was a weird one - from what I remember, COD2 had sold much better than expected so Activision told Infinity Ward that they needed to make 1 COD every year. IW told Activision that wasn't possible, so Activision gave the rights for the additional games (starting with COD3) to Treyarch. Infinity Ward didn't want the engine they'd made being used by other people so Treyarch fudged it, as a result COD3 played like garbage compared to COD2

Since World at War (Treyarch's 2nd COD), IW have let them use the engine, but it's so apparent to me the massive gap in quality between IW and Treyarch.

Black Ops was good but the frame rate seemed so rough and the animations were terrible compared to the previous year's Modern Warfare 2. 

The only COD games that I can think of that are exceptions to this rule are COD: Ghosts (Infinity Ward) and COD Advanced Warfare

Ghosts I think was developed at a time of turmoil at IW, and the game was rubbish compared to MW3. The only thing it had going for it was the idea of dynamic multiplayer maps (where a bomb would go off and physically alter the layout of a map during a match, or a bunker opening up etc)

Advanced Warfare is the only non-IW COD that I really enjoyed and seemed to have the quality of an Infinity Ward game - but that was developed solely by Sledgehammer

Interestingly, Quantum of Solace (game) was also developed by Treyarch and released just before World at War using the IW engine. Because of its release date I think it sold really poorly but I much preferred it to World at War. Played like COD but had some brilliant game types that weren't just deathmatch/capture the flag etc, introduced cover mechanics and a bit of stealth. Some of the maps were pretty cool too

Interesting about the QoS game. I had it as kid and absolutely loved it; even at the time I knew it was hugely underplayed.

Ghosts suffered from such huge maps, IIRC it was just dull because you didn't encounter anybody so I mostly played infected.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Interesting about the QoS game. I had it as kid and absolutely loved it; even at the time I knew it was hugely underplayed.

Ghosts suffered from such huge maps, IIRC it was just dull because you didn't encounter anybody so I mostly played infected.

QoS had a standout gametype, where you'd be like 10vs1, with one person playing as Bond trying to get from one part of the map to the other. You could either stealth it or go all guns blazing but it was so tense. Don't understand why that isn't a staple in most FPS games these days

• Like 1

Think I might have posted before, but Mega Man 2. The whole game's soundtrack is a masterpiece, but the intro is special. 

Starts off unexpectedly melancholy with a beautiful melody, then just flips into an 8-bit banger. 

Edited by RoboFox

• 2 weeks later...

This track brings back so many memories for me.

I got a PS1 back in 1997 and I had 2 games that came with it, Worms and one of my favourite games of all time Total Drivin. Me and my brother loved cars and back then and this game looked soo realistic (bit wierd to say as its not aged very well) and I also liked dance music and this particular track blew me away. It still sends shivers down my spine. I rebought the game about 10 years ago for a bit of nostalgia and when it loaded I was disappointed with how bad it looked. But after playing it for 10/15mins my eyes adjusted and as soon as this track come on I felt I was back in 1997, in my bedroom without a worry in the world. God I hate getting old. Ah the memories. 

Edited by SeCrEt FoX
Added gameplay video
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2022 at 18:14, SeCrEt FoX said:

This track brings back so many memories for me.

I got a PS1 back in 1997 and I had 2 games that came with it, Worms and one of my favourite games of all time Total Drivin. Me and my brother loved cars and back then and this game looked soo realistic (bit wierd to say as its not aged very well) and I also liked dance music and this particular track blew me away. It still sends shivers down my spine. I rebought the game about 10 years ago for a bit of nostalgia and when it loaded I was disappointed with how bad it looked. But after playing it for 10/15mins my eyes adjusted and as soon as this track come on I felt I was back in 1997, in my bedroom without a worry in the world. God I hate getting old. Ah the memories. 

Wow, I had this game and had totally forgotten about it for probably 25 years. Cheers for the nostalgia hit. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...